News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village: Production (v1.1.1 - updated 25 Jul 2019)

Started by Discrepancy, April 03, 2017, 04:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

What a cute little building.

It is nice to see more buildings without walls.

Great work!
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

I've said it before and it can be said again -
I really love your Small Village!
The atmosphere in it is spot on!
I can go so far: I wish this was the vanilla game!

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on April 08, 2017, 10:39:03 PMWhat a cute little building.

Indeed  :D

QuoteIt is nice to see more buildings without walls.

Yeah, so true... specially since none of the production buildings can be housing at the same time...

I still love the tower of the vanilla Forester, but not that clunky fat "house" attached to it...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Discrepancy

Updated new beta version.

BETA 2, available from downloads, link in first post.

added the Village Forester which I showed earlier.
and the Village Bakery, producing Bannocks, Bread, Cake & Meat Pies:

made a few adjustments to tailor, and village kitchen code, also changed footprintmaterial code for all models.

update should be save-game compatible, just delete the tailor and village kitchen first to be on the safe side!

now onto DS Jetty & Bridge. oh, how it feels like I'm running in circles sometimes.  ;)

tanypredator

Hello!

I'm completely out of process now, but I'm trying to get bact at least to play :) I wanted to say that your models are absolutely beautiful, thank you for your mods!

If this part now include those new fish types, would it be excluded from Jetties part? I'm sorry to say that, but I try to keep as few resource types as possible, because, for example, in my current game I hadn't received any meat or milk from traders, only fish.

And one more question - does Jetty general trader bring animals?

I too had that bug with townhall texture, but I've thought it was connected with 1.0.6 game version.

Also your Ale House doesn't use wild honey. I suppose it is connected to the name - it is 'Wild Honey' there, while I used 'Wild honey'. Maybe there is some other reason. By the way, I dont understand at all, how you are able to make your buildings to use resources from other mods :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: tanypredator on April 12, 2017, 10:27:41 AM
By the way, I dont understand at all, how you are able to make your buildings to use resources from other mods :)

you ask the other moddler a copy of his resource and integrate it :) this is how we do :)

and Hello Tany :)
how are you ? we miss you  :-*
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tanypredator

Hello! Thank you :)

I'm Ok, I've just gone to real life and some other games. And all that was done since I was modding (this new game version and all that great new mods) I need some time to get used to all that.

elemental

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 12, 2017, 02:54:37 AM
now onto DS Jetty & Bridge. oh, how it feels like I'm running in circles sometimes.  ;)

It's all progress, that's the main thing. Just don't get dizzy. I like the new buildings.

embx61

QuoteI'm Ok, I've just gone to real life and some other games.

Other Games ? Blasphemy!!!  :D

LOL Good to see you back Tany and you will get used to all the new stuff :)

Quotehow you are able to make your buildings to use resources from other mods :)

That is why I asked your permission to add your Flax sources to my Oil Press. :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

taniu

Discrepancy

If this part now include those new fish types, would it be excluded from Jetties part? I'm sorry to say that, but I try to keep as few resource types as possible, because, for example, in my current game I hadn't received any meat or milk from traders, only fish.
Hello tanypredator :)
I have been thinking this over some more and I will do this. I will completely remove the fishmonger and all the added fish from the Jetty & Bridge mod, as well as all the resources from the next DSSV Production beta.
I will then release the fishmonger and fish as a standalone mod once it is worked out how they should work.
I don't think it is working as we planned @elemental , I also don't really like the (fishmonger) building model and do want to change it.
So should I still keep the model and update it into something else?

And one more question - does Jetty general trader bring animals?
No it doesn't as I didn't make a holding pen for them - I will have to remember to write this in tooltip. I am going to make some more traders though for the set.

I too had that bug with townhall texture, but I've thought it was connected with 1.0.6 game version.
Really? so i must have done something previously.... well it is fixed now. I released a new version of DSSV: Services the other day with the fix included.

QuoteAlso your Ale House doesn't use wild honey. I suppose it is connected to the name - it is 'Wild Honey' there, while I used 'Wild honey'. Maybe there is some other reason. By the way, I dont understand at all, how you are able to make your buildings to use resources from other mods :)
Ah, I will have to look into that. Thanks for informing.

To make the buildings accept other resources from other mods, we must have the same named RawMaterial template file - as long as it is named the same it will work, but it helps to have the same production numbers so as not to break other mods resource chains.
Along with the RawMaterial file we must also have the 3d model files, string texts and sprites - so the whole resource file.

Also back onto Resources, the next release I am going to change the RawMaterialBannock.rsc to RawMaterialBreadHardtack.rsc - I am already using the same production numbers and it is a similar recipe and RL food. But, I will still call it Bannocks in the stringtexts - to players it won't appear different, unless CC is loaded over DSSV Production, it will then be called Hard Tack Bread.

I am also going to rename my hemp rawmaterial name same as CC for compatibility.

tanypredator

Thank you very much, Discrepancy, for your answers and your mods! They are great!

TheOtherMicheal

Hi @Discrepancy and welcome back @tanypredator   :)
So Discrepancy, while I might not be @elemental I do have an opinion about the fishmonger building. I like it as a building so I would like to see it re-purposed if it isn't going to be used as a fishmonger. Perhaps as a dock storage facility?
Your mod, your decision -- but I'll put in one vote for keeping the building for some other purpose  ;D

Discrepancy

Oh that is fine, I'm after anyone's input, so thank you @TheOtherMicheal .

I have no problem with it being re-purposed and would have only sent it to the scrap heap if no other use was found ;)  I think it would work well as a storage area - what kind of storage are you thinking?

There will still be a fishmonger of sorts, I think it is a good idea for players that want more diversity in resources, but we need to make it more interesting in the process of fishing for them, sorting them and preparing them.