News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

kid1293

That's been on several people's wishlist for years.
Irrigation for real.

Maybe Roman aquaducts too ?

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

QueryEverything

oh my  ...  just ... awesome! 

@embx61 , I wonder if there can be a cross over piece designed to fit to @RedKetchup set, so that those that use RK's in the city etc, can then have a run off into yours for farming districts etc.

As for the idea of the water pump, that sounds like a great idea.  Can the one for your Production Set 1 be adapted to also push water through, and not just be used for the Bannie's water - or, are you thinking of a completely separate idea?

I like this a lot :)

re @kid1293 comment about irrigation for real  ...  I had a thought.
Given that there are a couple of professions that now can produce goods using consumables, can a field be 'fudged' and use water and fertilizer?  I dont know how the code works but is it theoretically possible perhaps?
Gatherers consume baskets, can farmers consume water & fertilizer? 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

@QueryEverything

It should be possible to adapt a piece to connect to Red's Channels. But his channels are deep so just a connector would not work unless assort of pump/mill is used to pump it to the higher level irrigation channels.

My idea was to design a water mill building what is placed on the river/lake to pump the river water into the channels.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

You gave me an idea @embx61 at the end of Red's canal, place your Waterwell (from Prod 1), then your irrigation proceeds from there, at the very least a visual 'aid' :) 

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 08, 2017, 09:44:37 PM
re @kid1293 comment about irrigation for real  ...  I had a thought.
Given that there are a couple of professions that now can produce goods using consumables, can a field be 'fudged' and use water and fertilizer?  I dont know how the code works but is it theoretically possible perhaps?
Gatherers consume baskets, can farmers consume water & fertilizer? 

The gatherer and the farmer have two different mechanics in the code.
I don't think it is possible to make a farmer need anything while working.

edit - And Luke removed the code for soil degradation. Else we could have a way to 'enhance'
the soil with water.

Gatherer

@embx61 What about some small wooden bridges resting on stairs for the banis to travel over these irrigation pieces.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

despo_20

Quote from: embx61 on May 08, 2017, 03:08:03 PM

You stole my idea @embx61:D

I'm kidding of course. I was thinking of something like this, but I had not found how to do it...
You found it and it's perfect! Nice job! Compliments!  ;)

Quote from: embx61 on May 08, 2017, 10:30:19 PM
My idea was to design a water mill building what is placed on the river/lake to pump the river water into the channels.
Nice idea!

QueryEverything

Thank you @Discrepancy :)
I like that idea @Gatherer .  I had thought of using some dock pieces to make a ramp / bridge over it.  But a 'native' one would look nice :D

embx61

Working on new irrigation channels which will be a bit in the ground.
They will be a minimum of 3 tiles wide as smaller is not possible because of the digging.
I have to finish two more pieces (Collect water point and a inland kind of well (Suggested by brads3) so the water can be pumped up from there without needing the river. AO map everything and it should be done.

@Paeng made me some very nice Icons to complement the set. Thanks Paeng :)

I hope to release this weekend. Will add a screenshot later today after I have finished the code so they work in game.

RedKetchup

sweet , cant wait to see this :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Here a picture of the Irrigation channel pieces. So far so good.
Can probably release late today or tomorrow :)

brads3

nice work EB. can the pump and collector be used with both sets of channels the dugout and the over the land version both?

embx61

@brads3

This set is by itself. I can see if I can later maybe make a special connector piece so that they can be used interchangeable.
I have to think for a best way to do this.

Probably the Disc chain lift pump can be used to lift the water from the lower channels to the above ground ones.