News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

I posted a thread of my Mods which are all supported for future updates.

All the older separate Mods can still be downloaded and I won't delete them but they will not be updated anymore as all of them are combined in the several sets I created and those sets are up to date.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

Just released Version 17005 of the EB Village Set.

Because of combining textures in preparation of the upcoming "warmer" color F Key variant it will not be save compatible unless all buildings are deleted before updating.

Added Fishing Dock, Gatherer, Forester, Hunter, Herbalist, and Wood Cutter so far.

The wood cutter can have up to 3 workers by request. Most buildings work the same as Vanilla and only the build cycles and build cost are a bit different.

The whole set is now under a themed toolbar button.

Enjoy!

Betin

Thank you very much embx61! very nice set, gives banished a second life! may i ask, your gatherer collects foods from new flora?

embx61

No, no honey bees and such. The main goal of the set was to replace the Vanilla buildings so no foods or other materials were added besides the use of the new flags/limits in storage, trade ports, and the market.

Because it works just as Vanilla it should work with many, many Mods.

embx61

Played with a copy of the structure texture to give the Village a somewhat warmer look.
Glad I combined main structure textures which were scattered on three textures and combined them in 1 texture.
Now all I have is 1 copy of the main structure texture so only one texture is added to the whole set to give all the F Key variants.
Otherwise I would have made a copy of three textures.

currently I am working on the F Key variants for all the buildings while working on the Tailor Building on and off.

The two F Key variations side by side.

Paeng

Nice variant, even closer to the original... that will mix nicely for an old/new look...  ;D

Just curious, as I'm about to start a new town - will the Village v5 stay save-compatible with the rest of the buildings you're still adding?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Thanks @Paeng

Yes, the textures are all as I want them so it should be from now on save compatible.

I like to add that adding a complete F Key variant the size of the Mod will not grow that much.

Just 1 more 1024x 1024 Texture for the different colors and a copy of all the meshes so I can assign the 2nd texture to those meshes.
Then a tiny extra bit of code in the Template files and a copy of 6 small files in the Models folder.

Paeng

Cool, on to the next adventure then...  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Yeah, I always try to be as save compatible as possible but in the long run this will save about 3 megs because I can skip two 1024x1024 textures and so it saves 2 draw calls by the engine.

I had for example the roof part in one texture with some other stuff. Then the wood beams in another with some other stuff. and the walls in yet another texture with other stuff.

Then the idea came to make a F Key variant so thought it over and decided to redo some textures.

So I lifted all those parts out of those 3 textures and combined them in one.
That meant I had to reassign the UV maps but that was not too hard as all the scaling could stay the same, so just a matter of dragging the stack to the right spot on the new texture.

But now that it is all in good shape it should stay save compatible from now on :)

Abandoned

@embx61 the variant texture is very nice, I like it very much.  Both textures will be vey useful depending on location and surroundings.  Great set.  :)

embx61

The second coffee pot is brewing so loaded max again after watching "The Ten Commandments" with one of my favorite actresses the beautiful Anne Baxter (Nefretiri) and of course with Charton Heston and Yul Brynner.

Anne Baxter as Nefretiri

Seen that DVD a lot of times and just can keep watching it :)

I have a stack with about 15 DVD's I can keep watching over and over. No surprise that most are epic movies like The ten Commandments, Ben Hur, Spartacus, A Bridge too far, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Once Upon a time in the west, to name a few.

But on to business. Most of the F Key variations are done and the PKM is still under 40 Megabyte.

QueryEverything

*sneaks in and whispers quietly to @embx61 before anyone realises I'm here ....

I wonder ... could we please have a lean-to, a shelter to match in the same textures please?  Like the shelters that @kid1293 made in his range?  In the different sizes, so they could go over the exposed workshops, stockpiles etc?
I just saw a screenshot of one of Paeng's villages, and it was a row of your small markets, but with my eyes - you know - well, I thought at first they were a new set of shelters/covers, and I thought - well, hey now, that's brilliant ...

So - it's perhaps worth a thought?  They don't have to be the same as Kid's, but I do like the idea of a set of multi sized ones in your new textures.  :)

Please & thank you.

The links:
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1593.msg38183#msg38183
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdpj11zmx25r1ad/kulps14.jpg?dl=1

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1649.0

*escapes quietly back out the window ...

I swear it was a door ... ;)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

I can look some later in some ghosted roofs and shelters.

They will be in a separate Decoration Mod though where I can later add more and more to it..

embx61

Tailor building finished with the F Variant :)

Will start after doing some groceries on the Blacksmith.
After that only a Tavern to go.

I maybe add at some point a small mine, quarry, and bridge to it but that is all what this mod will contain as about every building from Vanilla will then be covered.

Savidan

Best way to end a well jobs done, the tavern ! ;)