News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on August 01, 2017, 03:13:26 AM
I can look some later in some ghosted roofs and shelters.

They will be in a separate Decoration Mod though where I can later add more and more to it..

*slips a note over to @embx61 via a 3rd party ... 

Thank you for your consideration :)  Maybe, if you do decide to incorporate it, also I wonder about some long 1 & 2 width ones, so - covered walkways for intown, but also for the bridges, so they may need a little height to them, and possibly a few different lengths, 1, 2, 3, 4 in 1 & 2 - that way covered roads & paths, as well as the covered bridges, keep them out of the snow and rain.

Just an idea, no harm in asking, no reason you can't say no :D ;)

*I was never here...
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

elemental

Coverings for bridges is a great idea.

It would be great to see this taken further with coverings for bridges and jetties by @kid1293 and @Discrepancy, using textures to match their themed sets.

embx61

Just uploaded new versions of about all my mods I still support.

It are just changes to the toolbar so the Themed Button for the Village Set will show up properly. Should be save compatible.

Uploaded new version 17006 of the Village set. Added a Tailor and a Blacksmith.
Made the roof of the gatherers Hut thicker so hopefully it helps against the Moire.

All the buildings have the lighter wood color F Key variant.

Should be save compatible with version 17005.

Enjoy!
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

Oh my gosh @embx61 , you have been busy.  That is a lot of nice mods, thanks for the updates.  :)

Denis de la Rive

Hey, thanks for all the new versions, I've been gone for a while and loaded the new versions but i get a tool bar error, so I'm wondering what I'm missing?

Thanks for any help, I use most of the mods posted here so I'm a good tester for multi-mod users.

PS: I use the correct load order, natdiv, EB village, NMT, then the rest.  ;)

embx61

I just uploaded new versions of about all the mods in your list to reflect the toolbar change.

Those mods should be save compatible as I only added the Themed Toolbar for the Village to the mods.

Here the modlist so the mods are easy to find.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1878.0

EDIT

EBFarmstand is not needed because it is included in the Market Set so you can get rid of that Mod.
Log Houses is also not needed as the Log house is included in the Farmhouses Set.

Not sure what Markets is as I have no Mod with that name as far as I know.
I think it is a older Mod and I changed the name to Markets Set when I added some more stands to the set.
So I should disable that mod too.

Let me know if that fixes the toolbar issues.
I have all the mods loaded in my game besides the farmstand, Loghouse and markets and it is all working fine here.

Most of my separate buildings besides the Chapel, Church and Materials store are included in the several sets so are rather old and screw the toolbar up as they are not updated to reflect the new Village Themed Button.

The link with my Mod list is all what is supported. Consider the rest just redundant.

Denis de la Rive

Thanks for answering so quickly, I removed the mods you suggested, which seems to have fixed many of the problems, I have all the new versions of all your mods, but nothing is appearing in town services. I re-DL the newest version of village, just in case it was a bad file. I have attached an image of my complete WinData file, but I think there may be a mistake in the village file, without it everything is fine, there is no services button and all the other ones are present as normal. (sorry can't test with the older version, I didn't keep that one, your work is that good it seemed redundant.) The church and chapel when added appear in the tool bar, but also cause a crash. I don't see any reason for other mods being in conflict, so I haven't tested that.

PS: all this on a new game, so it can't be saved game related.

embx61

Did you have the latest Banished Version as with the Church make use of a fourth building requirement (Glass) and need the latest version Banished (Version BETA 170308) otherwise it will indeed crash if just hovering over the toolbar icon.

I shall go over the files to see if there is a bug somewhere.

So all the toolbar is good without the Village file? But you not see the services button with the Village file loaded?

I found a bug in the Ground Irrigation and fixed it. I forgot to add the spritesheet link to the button.

Uploaded a newer version in the download section.

Please let me know if the newer version of Ground Irrigation fix the services button.

I also recommend instead of the ground irrigation to get the Natural Irrigation instead.
The Natural irrigation replaced the Ground Irrigation as they are both similar but the natural system have way more parts and two F Key variants for the banks and ghosted 'gutters' which can run into cropfields.

I uploaded a newer version of the ground system just so the toolbar works but not do any updates on that set anymore.

embx61

Just uploaded a first version of the EB Signs Mod.

Many signs to choose from as I used the Internet a lot to come up with names.
Used also some names as suggested by Query, Red, Gatherer, and elemental.

This is a WIP process and I want to thank @elemental for sending me a bunch of fonts to choose a few from to be included in a second release.

So we will add some more fonts in the near future.

Enjoy.

Denis de la Rive

Thanks, I changed for the natural version of irrigation, everything is appearing correctly. I had gotten confused about which version was being updated, and this one was the one I liked best. I always use the most recent versions of the game, and mods to avoid having to waste moders time with useless questions.

Just had a quick look at the signs mod, wow it will make for some interesting combinations. It must be getting difficult to find new projects to do with all the great mods available.

Looking forward to creating a village worthy of your efforts. :)

embx61

Glad the issue with the toolbar is resolved :)

It should now work with the Ground Irrigation too as I fixed a bug but the natural Irrigation is the better of the two with more pieces and two variants.
The deco Addon Mod and Kid's Deco Mod are really go well with the natural Irrigation.

Thanks for reporting the bugs and the only questions which are useless are the ones not asked :)

The Signs will some later be extended with more fonts and credit to elemental for supplying me with a lot of nice fonts to go over.

I think I will choose some of them and do some test signs so players can make some choices which fonts to add.

Yeah, finding new projects can sometimes be a bit hard as I did quite a few things already and something I never done before get a bit more difficult to find.
But I plan to add ghosted decoration pieces to the game, finishing the village set as it still need at least a Tavern and probably a bridge.
I plan to look into some roads as not many mods are available for that and I never made roads yet so looks like fun to give it a shot.

So still enough on the to do list to keep me busy :)

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on August 05, 2017, 01:54:08 PMfinding new projects can sometimes be a bit hard

Tehehe... believe me, that's only temporary - kinda post-production-blues...  :D
Before you know it, you're up to your eyebrows in new ideas and projects...

Else there is always more need for variety - there is no town where all the taverns look the same, or all the bridges, etc... in reality, they are alway one-of-a-kind...

You mentioned ghosted decorations - yeah, that's really an endless playground...  ;)

Another one I'm waiting for is someone teaming up with RedK and expand the choochoo - quaint little stations, different trains and waggons and cargo, rail-docks and -canals, loading areas for coal and ore...

Don't worry, we'll find you work   :P
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

elemental

Quote from: Paeng on August 05, 2017, 04:16:01 PM

there is always more need for variety - there is no town where all the taverns look the same, or all the bridges, etc... in reality, they are alway one-of-a-kind...

Very true. I don't like building the same building twice in the one town because it doesn't seem realistic. Houses excluded, of course, because that's unavoidable. Even just a second texture set helps a great deal with variety.

embx61

O crap

Now I get overloaded with requests :)

More signs with many different fonts are upcoming sometime in the upcoming week.
As elemental have supplied me with a lot of nice fonts not all signs are possible in all fonts as I need about 20 textures to get to about 80x40 fonts is 3200 signs.

Way too much so we going to do lots of fonts in two colors but all scattered over different names to keep the mod not only reasonable in size but not to let the player F key over a couple of hundred variations in one category :) Not even sure the Template file will say to me "screw you" if I add a few hundred variations. LOL

So far I have 36 in the market category alone and that is just 1 font with two colors. Imagine doing those in 30 or so fonts in two colors.

But variety is a good thing and many of the fonts are really nice what I looked at so far so we just scatter them over the different names.

I also going to start to see if I can make some roads starting tonight with some textures prep and look into the coding how to do it.

Will include some later a tavern to the village set but have it at the moment a bit on the back burner as I made so many buildings the last two/three weeks I am a bit burned out on buildings at the moment. For my eastern egg sign I will choose one of the most beautiful fonts out of elementals set :) *hint hint

kid1293