News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: RK CHOICE testing

Started by brads3, January 29, 2019, 07:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

RK TEST phase 4- add CC mods

<<<bangs head on desk. i just lost over an hour of test reports. had this wrote up computer ate my work.as it is the mod manager adjustments to the order did save.i am totally lost as to where i was. ok, cup of coffee and acig and start over.dang dang

the goal was to add mods without major changes to the RK. from here on some of these will affect it.

CC mods above RK-no smoke,stop burning coal<may not be needed>
,my precious<1.06 mod,used for CC fort,changes gold and silver to textile flag,does not stop RK buildings from functioning.>

CC mods below RK-frontier<adds fort and indian parts>,marble quarry,stable<can be moved without causing crash,this will need another part to function>statue plus<decor options>,terraform,livestock trade mod<breed and trade horses>

RED texture change mod- wood butcher.changes the stone modern look to  weathered wood.added above RK.

tested before adding CC docks to narrow down which mod adds feathers.issues- no mod below the training camp shows leather icon to popup build menu.buildings do show leather once placed and cause no crash. statue plus mod is not workinig.no decoration toolbar.

i was checking the inventory when the comp  kicked me out.no, i don't think it was game related. 1 blank tag,double diamond,gold and silver bars.no feathers yet.no domestic animals<this is probably the blank>,did add horse meat.

mod order adjusments-move tipi and frontier mods up just below the RK and BS tool mod<above all the modder groups>,move statue plus above RK with the my precious mod.

TEST-leather icon not fixed.will try flipping the tipi below the frontier.still no decoration toolbar.i can move the statue plus above the RK TH patch.otherwise i need a 1.06 mod to bring the decoration toolbar spot. can make statues to trade only.no decorations. all attempts failed.

crops    no double seeds,can grow strawberry,no blueberry,
   orchards   blueberry but adds late.   otherwise no CC seeds added.no changes to the RK. no maple trees.
   livestock    no horses except trade horses,does add leghorns for eggs.adds other trade animals.have beef cattle plus frieshman cows.
i do wish this gave just trade horses without the others.can slow down the livestock merchants cause they bring trade animals not edible animals.

how many times did i reload the game so far? 15,20?

pic 1: CC mods added.note the build popup menu when scrolling over the toolbar has no leather.
pic 2: inventory check no feathers.2 flax and 2 diamonds. a couple double tags.
pic 3: RK seeds plus CC roots and KID veggys, plowed texture per seasonFX
pic 4: orchards test.added the bleuberry late to the alphabet.did not add any orchard fruits to crop fields
pic 5: livest5ock,no  edible horses,CC trade animal mod added leghorns and numerous trade livestock

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Aren't those blueberries still in the greenhouses? , they are in the greenhouses from Garden Walls Utilities that I am using in Misty Meadows.

brads3

i know.sometimes the mods would add other seeds.so far none have added any orchard fruits to the crop fields. only added roots and veggy seed. and trade animals and leghorns. i have tried to be super careful and not change the RK while adding mods. very slight changes so far.

trying to do it slow and easy,hopefully it will make sence to any new players. did poit out some minor things and some conflicts like KID's honey

yes most of RED's crops can grow in greenhouses.

RedKetchup

a greenhouse is a building where you decide what is produced from thin air. you cannot ask a building with a model to call the crop list or the orchard list.
they are very very strict about those 2 list. we know so nothing about those. everything hidden and not sociable to us, modders.

Abandoned

Well, one can only hope that any new players will start with one major mod, or a few basic mods at a time and thus avoid all the problems with conflicts, crashes and load orders that we hear so much about.

Why keep using Kid's honey or the mod that is conflicting with it?  Maybe that mod could be changed to not conflict with Kid's honey.

I know how greenhouses work, I have 3 different one I am currently using in Misty Meadow. There are blueberries and strawberries.

brads3

most of KID's mods work fine with honey.the gothic farm jam house code is different. placing it above the others fixes that issue. there isn't many problems.and i haven't changed anything of the RK yet.

brads3

RK TEST phase 4 add some of NECORA's mods

after the computer kicked me out and i found my way back to where i was,i quit for the day. better off with my brain fresh.
there are 20 files left not moved over to the RK WinData folder. over 100 have been moved.so far there i haven't affected the RK much. the my precious mod is a 1.06 and changes those items to the textile flag,silver,gold,rough gems,and diamonds.the inventory shows double tags of gold and silver bars,1 set is the textile flag ,1 is the new flag.so not all bars can be used for construction.some of RED's buildings do require the new tagged bars.no major issues. the honey was known and is a simple fix.the dark texture for the training camp deco pieces can't be solved but is liveable.the rest of the mod functions and looks as it should.the blacksmith tool issue was solved.2 mods were dumped.the nordic houses that changed from red to wood texture.this didn't affect the cottages or TOM's barns.the statue plus was also dumped.evidently it needs a CC base mod to work.i think it will work with an older CC mod,not just the CC J.

i will mention the dot icon issues.these happen off and on. i kow EB has tried to solve them.i never could solve the irrigation mods. sometimes moving 1 of the modder's mods up above their others does fix the dots. if you set KID's mods just right, you do get different icons than the "theme" wording. i prefer his toolbar with the words.TOM's mods don't use the community button.they place in the main toolbar.  old 1.06 mods will also work this way. when you overhaul a mod order,you do want to scroll thru the toolbars to check where things are and for the dots.

i added mods below the RK that were sets or decorations.added the start mods that change some settings.minor changes like safety,no smoke,seasonFX. then moved the CC mods. most went below the RK. i did have a few bumps in the road.adding a few mods at a time helps narrow down glitches.there are less of them at once and it is easier to diagnose and solve.

at this point,everything works.there are some minor glitches like the lack of leather icon to some build popup menus.

i have to move KID's gothic farm addon mod above the RK. this solves the honey issue.all jam and mead should work then.i will add the CC dock mod to the bottom of the order.this mod will bring feathers for the survival coats.i can start a NECORA group.a few can be moved below the RK that won't affect things. empty square,riffle,Sherbrooke,and the maritime storage mod.

CC dock added the feathers.there is linen clothing and linen clothes.feathers can be used by the Sherbrooke tailor with leather to make down coats. chickens will produce feathers in the pastures. i suppose it is possable that hunting ducks could bring in feathers. i don't hear a flock of docks so won't test it.
       i did see something odd. when did RED teach the bannies to swim?? the dock area is across a river and a bannie stored jam in the dock shed.he is not showing to be lost so  must have swam back across.

CC stables  needs 1 of Necora's mods.this building is fed grain and produces the domestic animals.NECORA's Crystal Cliffs mod brings animal pens that require the doestic animals as a building material,rabbit,dair.chickens,and goat pens.this mod is like a farm addon for the Sherbrooke mod.this mod has to go above the RK for the merchants to bring domestic animals.the Crystal cliffs above RK,the CC stables below RK.any other configuration of these mods is known to have issues. some of the issues impacted the oat crops.this order does work without issue.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

phase 4 finished. did not break anything or alter the RK severely.hardly scratched it. nobody can get the tar and feathers out yet.i am sure the modders are building a nice rubber room for me. hmm a rubber room is like a funny farm,place for crazy people so they don't hurt themself.game is playable and everything should work.

pic 1: CC dock set,
pic 2: jam test,
pic 3: Sherbrooke added,
pic 4 crystal cliffs and domestic animals works as well as the CC stables.note some need corn,some can use other gains.

brads3

phase 4 complete. 130 mods added.none upset or make any major changes to the RK CHOICE. any slight conflicts that could be have been solved.was only very few issues. granted having done mod orders over time,i have a good idea of where some issues will be. took a week and a half.some of the time was running the game with only the RK mod.
        does it all work? probably not. LOL you all thought i knew what i was doing,how can there be something wrong? i would need to play a full map and maybe several to be sure. i know the forget about orchard won't help RED's orchards produce fruit the 1st year.does it help some of them produce more the 2nd year?some of the fort parts from the CC frontier mod don't function. that is a problem with the mod not the mod order.

the RK is a big mod.RED has put a lot of time into making and improving on it. he added some challenges and surprises with this version.there are many different start settings.you can start with 2 bannies,2 couples,different crops or livestock settings,as well as a huge list of terrains.

[Misc]
Description=RK 1.2 base setup with 130 mods||no pine mod ,no trapping,no KID FO mod.no wagonHO mod.
[Profile]
WheelbarrowBigger=1
stopcoalburn=1
CCNoSmoke=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
ProperTime=1
SafetyHole=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
SeasonFX=1
banishedUImaps=1
MyPrecious=1
RKECtownhall=1
MaritimesCrystalCliffs=1
WoodButcher=1
KidGothicFarm=1
RKEditorChoiceEdition=1
unlimited=1
OneStopAllMining=1
BlacksmithTools=1
MiniBuildings=1
DebugMenu=1
CCFrontier=1
SmallTipi=1
EBMarkets=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBSVBeach=1
EBSVBeachLarge=1
EBSVBeachDeco=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBTannery=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
EBIrrigation=1
EBIrrigationDecoAddon=1
EBIrrigationNatural=1
EBStatueTrapper=1
EBStatuesOfHonour=1
EBStorageSet=1
EBSmallStorage=1
EBWinery=1
KidWorkPlaceVillage=1
ColonialHousing=1
KidColonialResource=1
NomadSignComplete=1
KidSomeBoats=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidGhostTownHouses=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidGHLightHouse=1
KidGhostTown=1
KidGothicFantasy=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidHouseBoat=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidMedievalGrace=1
KidOldTown=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidStorageCarts=1
KidTinySeparate=1
KidTwilightHerbs=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidWildWest=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidOldTownPorts=1
KidYardCover=1
KidRowBusiness=1
KidRowHousing=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
LargePort=1
MarketBBQ=1
MarketSoup=1
marketpuzzle=1
WashingMod=1
DecoPlants=1
Ketchup=1
ChooChoo=1
library=1
college=1
PlymouthHouse=1
OldHunterHut=1
CityRoads=1
TrainingCampMain=1
TrainingCampDeco=1
BradsSmokingShed=1
Charburner=1
Izba=1
FlyFishing=1
Hunting=1
NordicLogCabin=1
nordichouses=1
NordicSchool=1
NordicTannery=1
NordicHuntingCabin=1
DairyHut=1
Campfire=1
SmallWindmill=1
NordicWarehouse=1
RedCottage=1
TjurkoMill=1
CityButcher=1
DSFuelMarket=1
DSBlastFurnaceAdv=1
DSBridgeCrossing=1
DSStoneHovels=1
NewEngland=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
FruitVegBarn=1
NewTrees=1
GrowRoots=1
zSoapiary=1
StorageShed=1
SpecializedStorage=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
zMash=1
WaterAndOtherDecorations=1
LivestockForTrade=1
MarbleQuarry=1
Stable=1
Terraform=1
CCDocks=1
MaritimesRiffle=1
NECEmptySquare=1
MaritimesStorage=1
MaritimesSherbrooke=1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RedKetchup

woah ! so many mods !
thats crazy :) my brain doesnt have enough RAM to understand and take up all this big list ^^

brads3

RK TEST   PHASE 5 changes to the RK

i should have added the disclaimer when i started these tests. do this at your own risk. there is a risk, mainly to our sanity.most know by now i am half nutz.  the gremlins are known to attack and cause all kinds of chaos.so far i have kept them locked up.they get out when they want and cause trouble. they do like to eat brain cells and make our eyes work funny.i think they attack  the modders too.sometimes as the modders copy code over to upgrade a mod the gremlins mess with them. weird quirks or conflicts happen that were unintended by the modders. i have seen mods conflict with upgrades that worked with the previous version,even thou the modder didn't change that part of the code. if something happens and can't be solved, it is the gremlins.

up til now i have only added to the mod.now i want to enhance it.it gets riskier. i don't want to negatively affect it. i could throw things at it and see what sticks. i am not that insane. doing that would let them gremlins loose.good luck. odds are the game would crash and it would take days to fight the gremlins.

players have asked about the pine mod so i will make some attempts to add it.i have mentioned the climate.RED says he it is set to vanilla and he did not make any changes to it.  so i am safe to do anything to the climate.i have looked over several start terrains. some are harder for my eyes to see. some seem to have more or larger meadows than others. most likely this is the random map codes.in general the houses burn thatch only if it is bundled.there may be some modded exceptions. since RED added the flora oat and flax,i may as well add the bees.

add wild bees<adds TANDY's bee hives,these are collectable via many of KID's gatherers.might not be collected by laborers or all gatherers>

add KID's FO nat div version<if above RK,all houses except DS hovels will burn thatch-fodder without it being bundled>,the FO houses will need thatch-fodder to build. 

debug test: inventory has no blank tag,2 feathers.2 wild honey,fodder is tagged thatch,
     send gatherers out,mini,main,FO and a FO hunter.while they work,i click around the map to find beehives.i see no bees.what went wrong? could be the start setting.somethings only work on the right starts.this is a medium3 setting.the mod shows that it is loaded.everything else is working. hunter did bring in goose with no feathers.only feathers should be from pastures.

did get bee hives on  medium start maps.they are hard to find.the hives hide under the trees.laborers do not collect the hives. they destroy them.

pic 1:while scrollig around the maps you will see odd glows.when zoomed in you find it is the log cutoff ends of logs. 
pic 2: KID FO nd mod,  houses will burn gathered thatch.
pic  thatch needed for the FO mod building construction.
pic 4:bee hives do work on medium start condition maps

brads3

KID's westwardHO wagons mod is next. this mod added above the RK will change the roaming bison to a more wild look.does not change the pastured bison.  i can't see inside the mod so i will add a note.this mod might alter the animal herds and affect the hunting.i suppose if someone wanted to take the time,they could clear all the trees and count the animal herds to see if there is more bison herds with this mod than without.this does not add or change start conditions. the westwardHO would change the starts.
1 drawback KID's bison don't make noise like RED's so they are harder to locate on the maps.

Discrepancy

Quote from: brads3 on February 08, 2019, 06:41:16 AM
..all houses except DS hovels will burn thatch-fodder without it being bundled...

so what is the thatch-fodder being stored as, or what is the limit assigned? .... (something flag) and Fuel ?.... I see I have the hovels coded as WoodFuel... i want them burning Firewood, and not smelly, toxic coal, charcoal, coke.

... we need to flag thatch as WoodFuel ;)

kid1293

It is actually the CC bison I have used.

Here is the PopulationBison.rsc file for comparison

// layout of the entity
ComponentDescription resource
{
// how often to update
UpdatePriority _updatePriority = First;

// declare types that will be used
Description _descriptions
[
"population",
]
}

PopulationDescription population
{
String _name = "Bison Population";

// size of grid
int _cellSize = 12;
int _largeCellSize = 96;

// pathing info
PathBits _allowedPathing = Fast | Faster | Normal | Obstacle;
PathBits _disallowedPathing = Immovable | Unusable | Occasional;
bool _disallowZoneEntities = true;

// population
int _maxPopulationPerCell = 1;
int _populationIncreasePerMonth = 1;
int _populationDecreasePerHarvest = 1;

// if true, cell max array will be updated
bool _updateCells = true;

// type of herd that is displayed, if any
ComponentDescription _herd = "bisonHerd";
}

ComponentDescription bisonHerd
{
// how often to update
UpdatePriority _updatePriority = First;

// declare types that will be used
Description _descriptions
[
"herd",
]
}

HerdDescription herd
{
ComponentDescription _animalType = "Template\WildAnimalBison.rsc";
int _maxAnimals = 10;
int _minAnimals = 4;
float _timeInAreaMonths = 1.0;
float _timeInAreaTolerance = 0.75;
int _grazeAreaSize = 8;
float _reproduceTimeInMonths = 11.0;
}

RedKetchup

when you change bisons... do you still have everything else ? bears, elks, docks, goose.......