News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Winter Woodlands - Story 22

Started by Abandoned, December 25, 2017, 05:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Intro:

This is the 22nd story in the Smallville series.  Winter Woodlands is a very short story, only 1 chapter,  and it is based on a true story. The location of the woodlands is a short distance from the North Pole South Annex and it begins when Santa arrives at the Annex warehouse to fill his sleigh with stocking stuffer, approximately year 61 Smallville time.

The map is # 322762495  CC Cold Valleys, Small, Fair, disasters Off, CC Adam & Eve

Mod Used:  Rk Minimized Status, CC Light Rain, Iron is Iron, CC 1.75 Journey, Hunting and Gathering, Increased CC, 1:1 Aging, I See Fire, Kid Tree House, Kid Yard Cover, Mini Buildings, Tool Shed.

Chapter 1

Yes, weary traveler, my husband, Theador, and I came from North Pole South Annex.  My name is Thaly.  Nice to meet you too.  Santa had just arrived with his sleigh and team of reindeer to pick up the stocking stuffers when the weather took a turn for the worse.  The snowfall became heavier, the wind picked up, and the temperature began to drop.

Santa was concerned for a group of animals in the cold valley nearby, food for the animals was scarce there this year.  Santa had a sack of high-energy grain in the sleigh and wanted to get some of it to the animals in that valley.  Theador and I volunteered to take it to them.  We were Santa's elves but I was also a wood elf.  Everyone knows we wood elves have a way with animals.  Some of us can actually communicate with them, so who better to go to their aide.

Despite the snow, it did not take us long to reach the cold valley.  We immediately gathered logs and stones and wild foods for ourselves.  As soon as we could we built a treehouse and a big bonfire.  We scattered the grain in several spots hoping the animals would be lured to us by the food and warmth of the fire. We did not have long to wait.  We wood elves also have a way of inspiring peace and harmony among the animals, prey and predator ate and warmed themselves by the fire side by side.  And as usual at every animal gathering of this type the story of the first Christmas and the animals role in it always comes up.

I will tell you what I know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCTndPudzEc

Merry Christmas

Abandoned

Nilla

Abandoned