News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Welcome New Members!

Started by Admin, July 08, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDiamondW

Hello! I bought the game last December but didn't start playing it till the last month. I just found this place a few days ago while searching for some answer to a question, not that I can remember that question now. I just started playing the normal mods that show up on the game a few days before that. (1st and 2nd story houses and dairy.)

Other then Sims this is the first time I've played a game with any mods at all.  I've been looking all over the place for a newbie guide without much luck.  How/where do I put a mod after I've downloaded it?  After it's unzipped does it give instructions on where to put it?  I'm not much of a computer person so I'm always a little paranoid about downloading and moving it to another area.  Do we have a newbie section where these questions and others are answered?

irrelevant

@JDiamondW welcome!

The mod file is a .pkm file. You just copy that file into the folder named "WinData" that is in your "Banished" folder.

Gordon Dry

Hi JDiamondW,

For Steam these are the folders:

1. c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Banished\WinData\
2. c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\242920\
and *.pkm mods in here will be copied to the first mentioned folder on game launch.

But you can do this by hand before launching the game.

I suggest to delete the *.sub files in the first folder after a successful game start.
That solved problems for me.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

LadyMarmalade

Hi Everyone

Only came across this game a few weeks ago but already totally addicted. I'm loving this site as its so full of useful info and everyone seems so nice.

I am not your typical gamer being both old and female but don't hold it against me - I enjoy it as much as anyone!

I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

A Nonny Moose

Depends on what you mean by old.  I am a 1937 model myself, and have nothing against females.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

LadyMarmalade

Thanks, A Nonny Moose, I don't feel quite so out of place at all now and certainly not as antique as I did.

I hadnt checked out the Members List until just now and have been very pleased to see that being older and female doesn't make me the oddity it usually does in forums I have joined!

There also seems to be a strong Canadian element which is very interesting.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Unfortunately,since I can't mod or make content,I won't be a very useful member but I'll hopefully be lurking around the forums picking up little gems of information and, in time, sharing my gleaned knowledge.

RedKetchup

Welcome aboard @LadyMarmalade  !!

i am not old as Nonny Moose.... but getting there... too fast ^^
1963 model here

Lady Marmalade is a song title by Diane Dufresne ? :)

Welcome on WorldofBanished :)

Paeng

Quote from: LadyMarmalade on September 30, 2015, 05:04:03 AMI am not your typical gamer

As long as you're hooked on Banished you fit right in...  (1953 model here)  ;)

Quote from: Gordon Dry on September 11, 2015, 11:31:27 PMI suggest to delete the *.sub files in the first folder after a successful game start.
That solved problems for me.

What problems please?
* Might be something for my "Error Page"...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

LadyMarmalade

Thanks, RedKetchup. I am already a HUGE fan of your work. My latest towns are liberally adorned with your buildings etc. I am so envious of your talent and thank you for making my gaming experience so much better!

The version of the 'Lady Marmalade' song which my name relates to was by a group called Labelle - which was one of the first single's I ever bought - inj 1974,I think! So that gives makes me a very slightly older model than you.

Thanks,Paeng. I certainly fit that criteria. I've done little else but play Banished for the past month! (Given the choice - WHO would choose housework over Banished!?) My first few towns barely made it through their first winters but I'm slowly getting the hang of it now. My new challenge is getting past 200 citizens. That seems to be my stumbling block!

Ogedei

Hello! New to the group. Just got Banished a few months ago and am hooked. I joined to find some mods. ;D

salamander

Welcome!  You should be able to find some here that make the game more enjoyable.  There are, of course, other sites devoted to Banished that would have things you might be interested in ... I would encourage you to check them out as well.  It's a great game, and the mods folks have developed make it much better for the most part.

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Quote from: LadyMarmalade on September 30, 2015, 04:12:22 PM
The version of the 'Lady Marmalade' song which my name relates to was by a group called Labelle - which was one of the first single's I ever bought - inj 1974,I think! So that gives makes me a very slightly older model than you.

personally, i only know the Diane Dufresne version of the song because i am a french canadian :) and she was too ^^

greeneyeogre

To all the Modders that have put so much work in to this game -My Thanks and best wishes for the New Year.