News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Of course, blame everything on me.  >:( ;) And be sure; if you let the merchants bring tallow today, I may complain about it tomorrow.  ;D I may also have found a way to buy the more expensive lamp oil; it may not work because I would need even more lamp oil but I´ve built a second mine beside the coal mine to mine for gold (or maybe iron ore if it´s more profitable). I don´t know yet if it pays off but at least an idea I want to try.

I also downloaded the new smokehouse. I guess it´s OK to add to the existing game if I demolish the old one first.

After I wrote the posts yesterday, I turned my computer off and went to bed. When I brushed my teeth, I realized that it´s possible that you are right @MarkAnthony, that some professions may influence the health together with a bad diet. @Tom Sawyer is cunning and resourceful and may very well have tested something like that. I could simply not have noticed it, just because I never have looked. Let´s ask. Have you "played " with health and professions, Tom?

Tom Sawyer

No, there is no connection between professions and hearts, at least not by modding. We can only set a chance and the kind of death per profession. So if your people are burning charcoal, they can get indeed black lungs but it will carry them off instantly. :-X

The updated smokehouse you can add after removing the old one ..without risk on black lungs.^^

darnokthemage

Tom Sawyer

Thank you for asking, Darnok. I'm still working with the alpha version when I have some free time, mainly fixing and adjusting production and trading now. I had to cancel some features that were not really satisfying and added others like a stone mason and tar production. My idea is to start a closed beta still in October and let it run over a couple of weeks while I can make a few more models. Release would be then in November.

Turis

darnokthemage

Happy to hear that Tom! I am glad to know that you are still working on this excellent mod. :)

I've found a very cool video of a reconsturction of the town Bergen!
1300s Bergen, i think many of the houses would fit perfectly in the game, when your adding town houses. Especially the two-story tibmer ones with grass roofs. :)

https://vimeo.com/365536639?ref=fb-share&1&fbclid=IwAR2HzxRoIuP2Y3TitDULau4BWXWEmG8lrMfISrxg82OWIq-lJriZRws4JYo

MarkJerue

Random, but I watched this video online and it reminded me of The North :) https://youtu.be/zUdO1xUZVeg?t=241 A person goes to Barkersville, Canada, which is an historic town in the upper regions of Canada. The buildings reminded me of The North's!

NK

@Tom Sawyer Any news for the next update?

Tom Sawyer

@NK Yes, the Beta version is ready for testing and I want it uploaded tomorrow or on Monday. Last week I moved to a new place and have to struggle with normal gsm yet, which feels like in the middle ages. My LTE homespot will bring me back to 21th century if the gods are willing. ;D

gatinho65

This is such a fantastic mod, so glad to see you are still working on it, I hope to try the public versions again soon, I'm still in the process of having to relearn the game on the new pc, so much easier to get it working than it was on my mac lol. I'm already using the izba and the smokehouse in other game scenarios, great with DS mods and his glass production system. Hope you are always getting positive feedback on all this hard work, cheers;)

Navigator Black

I currently have The North along with RKEC installed, and I'm not getting any tooltips on the main toolbar for North buildings (such as houses). I have RKEC above The North in the mod list, and if I swap places I lose RK's start conditions but do have tooltips restored. But that defeats the purpose.

Any ideas?

brads3

that is a give and take situation. if you use the RKEC above the North,you have RED's starts with ores and wild animals. if you use the North above you have reindeer and iron bloom. as you see some of the buildings switch depending on order. you also have soe buildings that won't function such as the bloomery. you have to decide which way works for you or which issues you are willing to live with.

you ay find it better to try the North without the RKEC and add some smaller mods to it.the North does have its own challenges.

Navigator Black

Thanks Brads, I was wondering if perhaps the two aren't the best to pair together as The North is a fairly well-defined set of challenges and aesthetics. I basically wanted to get some nice-looking environments added to The North, and RK's maps are gorgeous.

Nilla

Since a few days, I´m back playing Banished. :)

I´ve got the privilege to test the new version of the North before it´s official. If anyone is interested, I write about my testing at Tom´s webpage: https://www.banishedventures.com/topic/testing-north7/

Tom Sawyer

North 7 is now finally finished and ready to play if you like. Details and Downloads on mod page. :)