News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darnokthemage

Both, one just better, it could also maybe produce more flour?

Tom Sawyer

The loft-storehouse was almost finished before I paused in December and put on the pile for v7. I can make a single mod without much effort if you like. Your shelter for milking looks funny, would work well as another variant of dairy hut. The stable is also nice, especially the rustic one in second picture. Unfortunately there is no mechanic to use it for cows.

And with smoked grain, is not it then already malted grain? That could be a simple additional grain product, especially for barley which is not used in the baking chain. Red added malt if I remember right. Do people use it in Reds mod? Threshing would be something else, adding inedible raw materials in front of edible grain and probably a thing that many players would consider as complicated. A problem with this is also the AI, unable to handle farmers doing special jobs in winter.

Tom Sawyer

I want all buildings as single mods @1, especially for debugging and compatibility with all other mods. Only the North is thought to be survival zone. With some objects like the tavern it's just not that simple because connected with features or balancing changes of the main mod.

Here is our Loft-Storehouse for download: banishedventures.com/loft-storehouse..  :)

darnokthemage

Could we get a version with "F" able grass roof too? When it releases in the main mod? pretty please  ;D

Tom Sawyer

The fishing huts are nice @1, maybe a bit hard to recognize them as fishing workplaces and better to have something with docks and boats and things like that. Not sure yet. Last days I at least made some progress with texturing the big storehouse. You can take a look.. :)

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

This weekend I went back to the dark Blender valley I told you about. To that nasty beast of a model. Now finally it's hunted down, chopped into building stages and covered with tar and textures ...  :)

Discrepancy

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 04, 2019, 04:06:33 AM
This weekend I went back to the dark Blender valley I told you about. To that nasty beast of a model. Now finally it's hunted down, chopped into building stages and covered with tar and textures ...  :)

wow :) very nice. I love the fire pits at the front.

Abandoned

Wow, a beauty of a beast, very impressive  :)

RedKetchup

woah ! congratulations Tom ! thats a very very neat model you've done there !
a masterpiece !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

We have another wonder!!! :)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Tom Sawyer

Yes, I think it can really play such a role in game. I also had a thought to create another save game scenario where the goal is to build a temple in a given location or something like this. And of course it will need tons of wood and time to be built.

This church looks great @1. Maybe they were a bit too crazy with so many onion domes in this case.^^ My Siberian chapel is on pause since I ran into issues with AO and all the rounded, smoothed and high poly shapes bogging down the game. But I will go back to it and maybe able to solve it one day. It's indeed a challenge beyond this Viking temple.

darnokthemage

And then you give us a scenareo where we replace the Pagan temple with a Christian one.

Edit:Don't know how fast it would be, but giving us a Gärdsgård fence would be nice, they are very iconic in sweden.

Tom Sawyer

I started to chop the old mead hall into pieces. The raw model is one year old already.^^ But making such a fence will be a nice distraction. :)

NK

Would you consider releasing the Viking buildings you've finished as separate mods prior to the release of version 7? I would very much like to use the turf and frame houses in particular. Great work on the temple, btw.