News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Good idea @NK. I will release them as single preview mods with the variants I have. Just needs some finishing, icons and such.

darnokthemage

If you want other small thing to do, could you please change it so the ground side of the Itza is available to build roads on?

Tom Sawyer

@darnokthemage You can load the separate Izba mod and place it above the North. I just updated this file and added road tiles to the right. Not up to the end because it is thought to be built with its gable to the street and new variants will have a porch there.

Download on https://www.banishedventures.com/mods/#separated

Tom Sawyer

@NK and all others who want to play and test my new turf houses, they are now available as a separate preview mod. Download from banishedventures.com/turfhouse.

Nilla

Sweet! I want to start a Nordic game after I´ve tested Reds latest edition. Looking forward on the red hospital! ;)

darnokthemage

Would love to see a texture pack of Sawyers handpicked textures in the game.

Other thing that would be nice to get is a timbered wall fence, like the stone fence (but non-colliding) but out of timber and pretty tall. It would be nice to be able to fence in gaps between houses. :)

Tom Sawyer

I can't really image it. Do you have a picture of such a wall fence? :)

Tom Sawyer

They look funny and make sense @1. I mean also in Banished. Have already some of those pictures in a folder for Sami buildings. In any way I would like to add a small specialized food storage for early game.

darnokthemage

Some interesting layouts.

Swedish farm from Dalarna late 1700s

Southern sweden style farm from Skåne

Northern swedish style farm from Härjedalen 1800s

Southern swedish farm from Halland 1870s

Jinxiewinxie

Thank you for sharing! They're good inspiration!

Tom Sawyer

Nice little pictures. Did you try to build this in game? Maybe it's too limited for simulating it but we have most of these buildings. What is missing are stables or cow sheds which is a pity but I have no idea how to make that work. And another thing are these threshing barns where we talked about it. Seems a common part of farmsteads or actually understandably. Maybe to give this a try, for now without effort in a model. Just to see if it makes sense. Also, I would love those willows along rivers like in second picture, where people cut branches for basketwork. Would be fun. But difficult as always with new things and actually needs a way to create new mechanics.

brads3

KID has a small cow shed and a sheep shed.Necora did a huge cow shed,but it requires domestic animals to build. the animlas do  come with the  mod so you can get the from the traders, Maritiimes Crystal Cliffs.not quite scaled to match.for a threshing barn,use KID's workpplace mod to grind the wheat covered with his roofs cover mod. not perfect texture matches but can work.

darnokthemage

Something that would be nice too is general timbering parts, like corner pieces and things to connect houses together. A long storage barn would be nice too, but it may perhaps be possible to make with just connection pieces. They could just serve decorative purposes, i would love a version of the loft-storage without the gap, or just a version that is cut off when the gap starts.

Tom Sawyer

How do you mean with gap and where it should be cut? The passageway or at the ends? Maybe in a screenshot.. show us your reconstructed farmstead. :)

This workaround with animal items I know @brads3 but it's not what I mean. I would like the real cows going for shelter in winter and consuming fodder there and such. Grinding grain we have in the North, can be done in a farmers workplace or later in a mill. Threshing is the thing before grinding, to get the grain. We discussed it some time ago and it would not be a technical problem, more a question if it makes it more fun or more annoying. But at least it could introduce cool threshing barns.^^

brads3

here you go. not perfect,but i played with it  alittle.