News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Endgame

Started by Ballardian, December 05, 2018, 09:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballardian

Hi Everyone
I've only been playing for a couple of weeks now, but I'm having a blast. The CC mod was the first one I tried and it was a real eye opener - I love it!
My question is - are there any mods that add an endgame?

Using CC as an example, my thinking here is this:
What if there was 1 final building / product / whatever, that had to be made to (for example) allow all the bannies to return to the beloved country from which they were banished?
But this big endgame product could ONLY be made by combining 3 elements produced during the late game stage.

Product element 1 could be produced only in a city of a certain size / with certain facilities
Product element 2 could be produced only in a military area
Product element 3 could be produced only by using sailors / ships
When all three elements are combined - bingo, we're going home, people!

I'm not sure if something like this would even be possible. I've currently got a stable city of about 800 going, and without much else to add it seems like I'll start a brand new map BUT I've grown attached to the place! If would be great if there was some overall quest we could commit our cities to, rather than just dump them and move on :)
Thanks

Paeng

Quote from: Ballardian on December 05, 2018, 09:12:30 AMI'm not sure if something like this would even be possible.

Hi and welcome  :)

Well, there is no way to really set conditions like that... but you can always define your three conditions as a "self-imposed" limit or goal...

Though I really like that "Exodus" idea   :D

Our modders could come up with a super-boardinghouse, let's say holding like 300 or 400 people... when we are ready to exit the land, put all the peeps into that boardinghouse...

Start a new map with and debug in the same amount of peeps, and start building a new town - would be interesting to see how many survive the initial need for fresh resources, or if many will die because they can't produce food, fuel, housing etc. fast enough...

::)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

theonlywanderer

The quest is whatever you see fit to accomplish.

Just commit yourself to creating those areas you mentioned and determine how many of what items you feel are necessary to build such a product.   Say 10,000 bricks, 10,000 glass, 10,000 bldg supplies, 10,000 furnishing...  whatever you want.

The game itself cannot be changed at the level you are requesting.   Somebody can only add an object that requires insane amounts of materials, what happens after you build it is simply part of your town story.

Paeng

Quote from: theonlywanderer on December 05, 2018, 02:38:20 PMwhat happens after you build it is simply part of your town story.

Yeah, absolutely...  :)

So I picked up on that "Exodus" idea... set my peeps on a boat and shipped them out to new lands :D
Based on the town they left, I put 320 peeps on the new site, with an eyeballed supply of tools, food etc.

My first trial was a disaster - everybody died in the first winter  >:( 
My second try was better, only half of them died  ::)

Also I made a "bad" choice of starting mods, I had too many very advanced mods that needed expensive stuff... but when you land on a fresh site with 300+ peeps, all you are concerned about the first 5 years or so is food, food, food... plus you need to get into tools fast, which is an amazing obstacle in such a setting.

Give it a try, basically you can make that as hard as you want... kinda reverse challenge  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Ballardian

Thanks for the replies guys:)
After thinking about it a bit more, it seems it's the challenge of setting up deep supply chains that appeals to me.
For example, to build a Smuggler's Dock requires Lumber, Gold Guilders and Hull Components. Each of these materials requires sub-materials to produce. For guilders, it's stone/logs > lumber > precious mine > gold ore > forge > gold > melting house > gold guilder. So let's say Gold Guilder has a supply chain that is 8 stages deep.

What I'm wondering is - are there any mods that add items / buildings etc. to the game that require very long supply chains, much longer than 8?

Here's my ideal scenario:)
For example, if there was a mod that allowed you to produce a crown. This might require materials like gold, silver, precious stones, velvet, etc. And then it might require a jeweller, polisher, etc. to build. And then a Courier Service, which when built, provides you with your end game - because you just sent the crown back to your king and all is forgiven, you can return! A massively long supply chain produces 1 final thing - the crown; and you make this object your endgame.
I understand that the game could not facilitate actually having a king / courier etc. and you would have to make up and follow your own rules.

Paeng, I love the idea of taking a certain number of people on to another map - I had not used debug before. Maybe they are the ones trying to get the crown back to the king - a delivery service of 300 brave souls! After a year in each map, the survivors that remain must move on to another new map and try to survive another year - but they are a little bit closer to the king. Perhaps they have a limit of 10(?) years to get to the king, and if there are any survivors at that point after those years have passed, you win!

brads3

there are some high grade jewelry pieces. the tiara would take several buildings to produce.if you wait for a merchant to bring that particular item before you ship it back,you would need to wait a while.the traders bring things so random and the item list can be long.a particular item might show up the next trip or not for many many years. there are some new entertainment theaters that give tickets.to have 1 ticket for each bannie would take a long time.  the various wharehouses give you a place to store specific items to play that way.

theonlywanderer

I'm similar to you, Ballardian, I enjoy the product chains and having multiple uses for certain produced items.

I'd have to do the research to know all the differences between CC and MegaMod 8.01, but there is a PDF provided with MM to help a bit, but doesn't really explain anything in detail, only lists the mods included.   MM includes CC and many of the mods by the people in these forums.

With MM, you get all kinds of production chains, but none that go extremely deep, more spread out needing many things in supportive roles.  One of my favorites is making Bronze Tools because they last long and it's a large chain to employee my people with.  Doesn't take any coal, which I hate dealing with.   You need a tin ore mine, copper ore mine, fuel refinery and foundry to make bronze.    I usually make two of each mine, but 1 of each is fine until population increases.   You need 3 times as much copper so it's usually good to have 2 copper mines with 1 tin mine.   Each can have 6 workers.   Put 4 workers in tin mine and 6 workers in each copper mine.     You will also need a lumber mill because several of these buildings require lumber to even build.

I migrate as quickly as possibly to using charcoal (Stacks burners) to fuel my entire town and ditch firewood all together.   I use charcoal to make the furnace fuel for the foundry to use.  Stacks burners require constant flow of logs so I usually place a log dealer next to them so they keep logs nearby at all times.  To keep logs flowing, I setup an industry port and tell every trader to that port to bring logs.  I auto trade however much charcoal I want for however many logs I want as demand increases.

You will then need lots of candles to upgrade each copper and tin mine when they run out the first round and then lamp oil for the next round after that which makes them unlimited.  Candle maker will need beeswax, whale blubber or tallow!  Obviously you need those refined from a butcher or beekeeper.   Lamp oil requires ships or refined from a crop like flax or canola (several others) that are turned in to seed oil and then seed oil refined in to lamp oil.  Flax works good because it's not edible and it's only used for other things if you decide to, so it can be used only for making seed oil and not have to worry that it's going anywhere else.  Now, seed oil is edible... soo... you will compete with peeps eating it and going to your lamp oil press.   That's where the whale blubber from ships comes in handy.  I think you can trade for blubber as well.   Whale blubber is not edible so it won't go anywhere except your oil press for making lamp oil.

Now... to build the wharf you need hull components, for hull components you need shipyard that requires building supplies to build.  Building supplies are made from numerous other things.   Building supplies first requirement is either bricks or glass...  needing sand or clay....  and then several options from there.   I prefer bricks and lumber!   I already have lumber in the chain.  Brickworks can also do charcoal, so they are a great multipurpose bldg.   Just need some sand and your bricks are off and running and bldg supplies will soon be made.

You will want a central industry market to handle all these transactions as well.  I tend to use the Thadd Industry Market for this.

Basically... just keeping bronze tools going requires a lot of stuff and a lot of jobs!  It's one of, if not the most, involved product chain.    Lots of ways to go about it also...     You can obviously trade for many items, but as you clearly stated, you enjoy the product chains.    Logs is the hardest thing to keep supplied, which is why I change from forestry to trading for them.  You can still have forestry as a backup, obviously, but not necessary once you get the one log port established.

rkelly17

Quote from: theonlywanderer on December 06, 2018, 11:49:39 AM
I'd have to do the research to know all the differences between CC and MegaMod 8.01, but there is a PDF provided with MM to help a bit, but doesn't really explain anything in detail, only lists the mods included.   MM includes CC and many of the mods by the people in these forums.

I'm pretty sure that the latest version of MegaMod includes the latest version of CC. MegaMod is CC + many other mods.

Danaity

Hi Thank you so much for your efforts and willingness to find fix the for intel (as well as AMD) users.
And I love Bartender's
Liquid Water technology :)
female anavar cycle length