News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKE and CC

Started by grizz, December 06, 2020, 06:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizz

:-\Can i load RKE and CC mod together please and if so which should be at the top, thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.
grizz

galensgranny

CC and RKEC can be loaded together.  I have done it, though it took a long time for the game to start on my computer.  Regarding the load order, I had RKEC on top.  I don't think it matters as far as the game working.  But it would matter as and how some things work.  I vote for RKEC on top.

Artfactial

The most crucial part is the world generation with these mods together.
If you want RKE's undergrowth and terrains it needs to be on top.

Nilla

It's not only the map generation. The mod on top decides the production numbers. But also here, I strongly recommend RKEd on top.

brads3

IT DEPNEDS. which version of CC??? then what do you plan to build? all posts above assumed you are talking the latest CC Journey  version.

IF you are talking the MM,mega mod, then you will need lots of power. the MM takes so much memory by itself that adding mods to it are not recommended. the CC is too complex on how all the many mods in it are meshed together. plus most computers won't handle it.
i have never atempted to load the MM. i actually prefer to add whichever mods i pplan to use to the CC J when i do play it. it does give you more options.

the CC J has different starts than the RKEC. if you want it's starts,then yes as others pointed out , it goes to the top. this means trees,terrain, and wildlife both plant and animal will be different.   CC also has some addon mods. you should check with their site to see where they should be loaded.most go below but their might be a couple exceptions.

there are older pre-107 CC versions. those do work as well. they are smaller file size, which helps on smaller computers. these versions will use the older limit flags. so many items will be under textile. this will happen regardless of the mod order.

the map i am currently running is RKEC as the base mod, with both CC Journey and DS IND added. usually my maps have several of the CC addon mods. some of these are upgraded from the CC J. i have done maps with older CC versions and RKEC before . 

grizz

???Thanks very much good knowledgeable people, i think i will try RKE on it's own it looks very interesting :-\
Thanks again
grizz

brads3

my suggestion is to make a list of what you think is missing from the basic game and what you want the game to be like before adding mods. what era do you want to build from? cities or rural towns? deserts or on the ocean?  having a basic idea of where you want to take the game helps. then you can build the game your way around those ideas.

otherwise it is easy to become a hoarder of mods or a collector. but not every mod will work together.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: brads3 on December 07, 2020, 09:09:50 AM
the MM takes so much memory by itself that adding mods to it are not recommended.

I have megamod plus a couple dozen other mods I use, and if I minimize the game, it takes about 30 to 45 seconds to load.  I have not had crashing or performance problems until I get to about 500 population, at which point I get flickering from low frame rate.  My computer is two years old now, but it was on the bleeding edge when I bought it, so I guess that's why.

I would also add, @grizz , that it matters what the mods actually do.  Mods that just re-skin buildings, or that give you the option for larger families, don't seem to have any impact on performance.  Mods that add flora with lots of polygons, on the other hand, absolutely do give you a performance hit, even on a machine like mine.  One of the starting conditions from CC, Appalachian Forest, increases the number of trees, stone, and iron that generates on the map.  Plus CC added a bunch of new types of trees.  I do sometimes see flicker when I'm panning rapidly across the forest.

Another thing to consider with mods is that a lot of them really change the game balance.  CC is noteworthy for being wildly unbalanced.  There's no real consistency among production chains, and in some cases you actually lose trade value by refining products. (Rope making being the most egregious example.)  RKEC is far, far better balanced, so if you want a total game overhaul, that's the one to play. 

And then we have the flax problem.  There are three or maybe four different types of flax, created by different modders.  Megamod does unify those, but you can screw that up by placing other mods on top of it.  There's a flax patch, but I've never used it so I can't say whether or not it covers all the possible varieties. 

So, my advice is to understand that adding mods from all over the place might well cause problems, but that none of them will do lasting damage.  Just tinker around with your mod selection and mod order until you find a combination that works for you.

banishedsanni

I use MM + RKEC and not less other mods. The game takes 7-10minutes to boot but then i it runs nice till i hit 300 - 500 bannies. then it starts to lag. Since i always play slow, it takes weeks till I reach 300 inhabitants and then the map is mostly done. So im fine with it.

theonlywanderer

Two of the best mods to help with lag is nosmoke and mutelivestock.   

Goblin Girl

Quote from: theonlywanderer on December 15, 2020, 09:39:45 AM
Two of the best mods to help with lag is nosmoke and mutelivestock.

Yes!  I've used both of those for years, and forgot about them.