News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

"Toggle Pathing Method"

Started by irrelevant, April 04, 2015, 07:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on April 06, 2015, 01:37:43 PM
Good to see you trying @RedKetchup .  I have a feeling that to really fix up the roads would be some kind of major rewrite and not a mod at all.

yeah :S

there is not much lines we can play with for that feature which is also makes diagonal road impossible. not with the code i see (everything is hardcoded)

about the image i gave earlier.... with reducing 50% and copy paste 4x and redo the operation 4 times (16 x 16) i get the dimensions of the road stone about i expected. so i dunno what was the stuff he smoked.... but with 1 png of a 1 tile road.... he made 16x16 tiles with it. bah the game code do 16x16 with it. whatever if my png is 512x512 or 256x256 or 64x64.... the game still make a mozaic of 16x16 tiles with it, it is just more or less accurate (pixelirized)

the only way i see to overpass everything, i would need a .FBX and handle a stone road tile as same as a wall or a roof ! just have to allow citizen walk over it and add wlking speed boost.

the counterpart of this : each tiles would becomes an entity by itself (like a fence, a well, a trellis, a statue.... ) which can be selected. to make it unselectable, would be make it 'unremoveable' ^^

EDIT: the screenshot shows the copypaste of my png at 8x times
it is nice to make plazas ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

that actually looks quite nice @RedKetchup :D

can't you ask the modder DownloadMyHeart who made that road mod?
http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/617-ROAD-45-End-Of-The-Roads
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

rkelly17

I like these stones, @RedKetchup:D  Two problems with ROAD 45 - "End Of The Roads" (not necessarily deal breakers as I use the mod): 1.  The paving does not appear in the snow. Looks good in Spring, Summer and Fall; disappears in Winter. 2. You have to remove the old dirt road before you can build the new road, unlike vanilla roads where you can paint the new stone road over the top of the old dirt road. Perhaps the code that controls these behaviors is inaccessible to modders?  :-\  If you could come up with an alternative paving that does not have these two issues, you are a modding genius.

RedKetchup

i dunno , i worked on it an evening and i didnt get something satisfying....
the Apothecary screenshot has the last experimentation of road.

for the moment i ve put that on the ice.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .