News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

ideas!

Started by Fellow Villager, July 16, 2014, 07:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fellow Villager

Hi boys, nice forum!

I'll try to explane briefly my idea...what lack in banished is a deep production chain...

1) more production interaction....
    cattle and sheep in winter need grass...grass is a new resource that could be cut in field in early spring. chicken need grain and don't                          need pasture, so we can use a smaller chicken coop; grain farm (corn and wheat) need some of harvest to be planted. wheat and corn seed is the thing we eat, in difference to the other colture...good Idea is to need 100 grain to seed a 15x15 field

2) food perishability
    food after 1 season will decay, except grains. now you have some alternative:
    smokery for fish and meat
    butcher, for meat (butcher and butchery)
    salt for fish, meat (with salt mine and a place to make the process..maybe "salatory" :-D)
    oil for vegetales (with olive orchard and oil mill)
    alcohol for fruit (canned fruit, maybe produced in tavern)
    dairy to preserv milk producing cheese. ah, we have to introduce milk!
3) more transport; horse cart (with horse pasture), used by laborer...faster transport and more capacity/ carpenter can create carts and other things...we can think after about it

4) fishing boat...can allow fisherman to fish in deep see ----> more fish, possibility to have 2 fisherman hut near without  lack of fish, but they can die in deep water

5) mill and baker. (maybe already implemented) mill grind grain in flour, baker make bread or pies with milk and maybe honey (if bee implemented). the advantage is that worker can bring bread with them and don't need to return home to eat.

6) potter, with clay pit (near river and lake). potter create bowl to bring food (for worker that eat along from home) and can give pottery to houses. Now I don't know the bonus for pottery in house, let's think

7) sawmill. very important to refine the logs..only after this work woodcutters can make their job

8) stone cutting. a place where stone is refined in blocks.

obviosly the game will be more difficult, but the 1.003 is too easy in my opinion. I like comments and feedback!
bye!!

Fellow Villager

I forgot!

manure produced by cow to increase field production...every year maybe a field could loose yeld....by using manure the yeld return on a high level.
irrigation

mariesalias

Thanks for writing out your ideas; I can tell you have given this some thought! :)

I think some of these things may be possible, in the future, with mods. Things like a Mill and a baker, potter, and a sawmill. Maybe even a stone cutter.
The fishing idea is neat, but then, I already get enough work-related deaths from the quarry and mines.
It would be cool to have new transportation, though it would have the possibility to unbalance game play, so I think it would depend on how it was implemented.

The seeding of pastures and food perishing just sounds like tedious micro-management to me though. 

Fellow Villager

:D you can choose to not buy all the offer!

RedKetchup

i would love to add 2 things in my wish list  :P

1. Add 1 digit to the numbers in Trading posts ( 99999 instead of 9999 )
2. if a Trading post is 'closed' 'manually set to not work' can I not recieve merchant boat at this closed TP ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Fellow Villager

for the first one I'm agree....the second one don't know if possible..

rkelly17

Do we know for sure that merchants don't visit closed TPs? I seem to remember reading a post once a long time ago from someone on the SRS forum complaining that merchants stopped even after s/he closed the TP.

RedKetchup

nan, even if you TP is closed (not work) and have 0 workers on it the merchants keeps spawning and docking to it

irrelevant

@RedKetchup  I'd be interested in a mod that changed the carrying capacity of vendors and traders from 500 to 250. Do you think that is moddable?

RedKetchup

you mean instead to have a trader or a vendor carrying 500 food from a barn to tp or market you want him to carry only 250 food ?

irrelevant

Right. Something to slow things down just a little bit.

Maybe 250 isn't the right number, maybe it's 300 or 400.

slink

The carrying capacity of a vendor and of a trader are defined in Game/Profession/profession.rsc .  I can't say as I'd want them transporting less in their jobs, though.  The problem with them is that they carry that much home, also, but that overlap is probably controlled in the game engine.