News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Poll : New Orchards package.

Started by RedKetchup, August 28, 2014, 02:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Number one criteria in an orchard pack: fix the lifetime issue!

OK, for myself I want to keep the setting of the game world consistent, so I'd like a pack that added to the current moderate Summer/cold Winter approach. Given that, I think that domestic berries on bushes or vines would be nice: raspberries, blueberries, cranberries (fields have to be close to a water source) grapes (there are North American varieties like Concords that grow in a Banished climate and some of the European wine grapes as well). These would supplement the wild berries that gatherers find and, as the settlement grows, eventually replace them. The graphic currently used for the wild berry bush could be adapted. The game has domestic tree fruits for its climate pretty well covered. Maybe apricots. Maybe yellow plums or green apples for a bit of graphic variety.

Would it be possible to add northern climate wild tree fruits like crab apples or paw paws to the gatherers' haul?

If someone could do a tropical or Mediterranean climate mod, then many possibilities open up like oranges and mangoes, but I wouldn't use those without the proper climate.