News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Opinions wanted about Warehouses

Started by Abandoned, August 19, 2018, 06:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

<warning type="trip down memory lane">
Red, weren't you one of the earliest developers of root cellars and such things? Don't I remember a warehouse that caused a "ghost" merchant to appear every so often? In those ancient days of yore before modding we often used trading posts as ersatz warehouses--put a bunch of stuff in a TP and it disappears from inventory.
</warning>

It is too bad that Banished uses weight for storage capacity, since a pound of stone takes up much less space than a pound of bread, but I suppose that you have to use some unit that can be standardized. I agree, though, that you shouldn't be able to store thousands of units of whatever in a little cart.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: Abandoned on August 19, 2018, 12:29:29 PM
:) okay, I guess that is a yes, as long as the unit size and its capacity are logical and make sense.  :)  Good to know, thank you for replies.
The barn I use most frequently is the Viking Stock Vault, which holds 12,000.  Personally, if I'm going to start using warehouses all over the map, I certainly don't need them to be any larger than that.  And maybe not even that large. 

Abandoned

oh yes, Viking Vault is pretty large and looks so good with The North.  I think warehouses like the size of vanilla starting barn is a good size depending on what you are building around it.   :)  I like things to blend well.  I am glad to hear others would make use of warehouses too.  :)

Goblin Girl

Abandoned

:) yup, certain special thing I like to have stand out but usually I like things that match, sets are great.  I am often amazed though at how well many things will fix together so nicely especially when they are from different modders.  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: rkelly17 on August 19, 2018, 02:01:40 PM
<warning type="trip down memory lane">
Red, weren't you one of the earliest developers of root cellars and such things? Don't I remember a warehouse that caused a "ghost" merchant to appear every so often? In those ancient days of yore before modding we often used trading posts as ersatz warehouses--put a bunch of stuff in a TP and it disappears from inventory.
</warning>

it is because the code, the merchant code is embedded inside the code that makes work the UI tab. we cannot seperate those. the merchant is still there and always be there...
the difference is now we ask the merchant to come only after a million of years instead of 1-2 years later.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Mr @RedKetchup I am very glad you made that first warehouse, fantastic looking building with great color roofs to pick from.  I used it in a couple of stories.  :) 

Although not warehouses, I must say those storage carts are very handy for getting needed items where you want them.  :)