News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trouble with mod Fairy Garden v1.0

Started by taniu, April 27, 2021, 01:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taniu

:(I have a problem with this mod, especially with the 4th patch when placing: Garden Fall, Garden Spring, Garden Summer, Garden Plum - I think something is wrong - my screen blinks every now and then - black squares appear and the patch is not active - like you can see a crossed out circle at the top. - I don't know what the reason is? Please KID can you check this mod? or other advice? I uploaded all main mods MM9, RKECH, CC1.76, even a clean game without these mods - nothing helps - my screen blinks all the time. Regards

kid1293

Hi @taniu

The crossed-out sign means that the patch is missing something.
Did you build a Fairy Dust Plot or a Fairy Dust Workplace to get Fairy Dust?
The Fairy Dust is needed to make the patches work.

That is all I can think of. I tested, and they work fine.

taniu

@kid1293 Thank you for the quick answer - but the trouble with the graphics in the game remains  :( :( :(- I still have a trouble with putting these 4 Patch - the game is flashing graphically - I do not know how to present this trouble? - the game breaks down graphically, that is, black squares appear on the normal picture of the game per second - and the picture is flashing all the time - does anyone have the same trouble ? please help . If I build buildings from this mod, I have no trouble with graphics - it's ok. I put a Fairy Dust Plot is also OK. Is this the reason that I was playing the MM9 beta mod? - and it broke the game .I erased MM9, but the trouble remained -  I don't know what to do next. Please help. Maybe someone knows how to fix this trouble :( Greetings

kid1293

@taniu
The only reason I can think of is that the patches are graphically demanding.
There are a LOT of small parts in the model. That means they are too heavy
for your setup. Usually, that is not a problem. If you have an older computer,
you can see distortion in the picture.

It is the same with my Tree Replacer. It is also demanding.

My suggestion is that you do not build any of the patches.
Build a Farmyard instead. They are a bit easier.

galensgranny

I had a problem with flashing lights when I tried using Voeille's decorative plants.  I turned off anti aliasing in the options menu, and it improved the situation.  My graphics card is Intel, on my old computer, so my computer couldn't deal with those graphics correctly.  Perhaps it is similar for you, @taniu   It's worth a try to turn of anti aliasing.  You can also put it back when ever you desire.

Glenn

My graphics card is an intel CORE i7 7th generation and I have been using both of these mods - fairy garden & Voeille with no trouble whatsoever.

Also, I was reading on the CC site that they were having problems in compling MM 9 due to its size and number of mods.

galensgranny

My processor is Intel Core i3.  My graphics card is Intel(R) HD,  It doesn't support as much that more modern and better graphics cards do.   Glenn, I didn't think that Intel Core i7 is also a graphics card- I thought that was just the computer processor.  But, anyway, I had the flashing and that is due to my old, weak computer.

Edit to add:  Oh, maybe I don't have a separate graphics card.  Maybe it is "integrated".  It's not that good, anyway.

Glenn

Yes, you are correct my laptop has a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 for its graphics.

It has 16.0 Gb of RAM and a SSD

I used to have graphic glitches with Banished on my old 32-bit laptop that only had 4.0GB of RAM and a less powerful processor, nor did it have a SSD.

And while I could play Banished on it, it was impossible to play Cities Skyline.

When playing games, I think it would be fair to say that the more powerful your computer is the better.

taniu

:D ;D ;Tthanks everyone for helping me - this mod works now - I changed the graphic settings in Banished - it's Ok now.
I did not associate that - graphics - settings in Banished I had everything - high. Greetings

galensgranny

Glad to hear you found a way to get it to work correctly,@taniu

Glenn

On my laptop I have the games video settings on

DirectX 11
Shadow Resolution   Low
Shadow Quality        None
Reflection                None

And while I no longer have problems with the graphics since I purchased my new laptop, the game will still slow down when playing large maps and big, spread out villages with 1000 people.

taniu

;) :D I have these settings:
directx 11
Shadow Resolution -low
Shadow Quality - none
Reflections - terrain