News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing

Started by irrelevant, August 24, 2019, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

@RedKetchup my guys do some of their idling at the obelisk, I assume it gives some happiness?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Quote from: irrelevant on September 13, 2019, 09:09:31 PM
I think it would be appropriate to this climate to be able to make light clothing using just a blend of cloth and linen, 1 cloth+1 linen=2 light coats or robes.
Derp! I just noticed that 2 Linen or 2 Cotton=2 Hide Coats!  :-[

MarkAnthony

Quote from: irrelevant on September 15, 2019, 07:51:21 AM

Derp! I just noticed that 2 Linen or 2 Cotton=2 Hide Coats!  :-[
LOL -- better stock up on water and keep them hydrated because they're gonna be sweating a lot!   ;D
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

irrelevant

Yeah, they don't really need coats at all, but they are excellent for trade.

irrelevant

@RedKetchup for Beta 3, please add flax seeds and/or cotton seeds as a trade item.

Nilla

I see @irrelevant, that you´re Egyptians made the trip oversea and back bringing corn seeds with them. ;)

As I played my Egyptian game, I tried to make it as realistic Egyptian bronze age as I could; choosing crops that at least would have been known to that time, although I´m not so sure that they really grew cabbage. I googled cotton in ancient Egypt because I also had the patches from @kid1293 loaded, that has cotton. I´m not sure but it looks like cotton is a domestic plant in Egypt but wasn´t cultivated to that time. So using it the way we can now; picking it where it grows might be right. So, @RedKetchup if you want to make it historically correct; no cotton seeds but flax seeds. They grew flax for textiles, at least Uncle Google says so. But I have very little knowledge about ancient history, so someone else here on WOB might know better.

taniu

@ Nilla :D :D If you want to learn about ancient Egypt - I described a lot of interesting threads about life, construction and even what children and adults had fun - I divided the extensive topic into stages and sent it all to @ RedKetchup - the topic is in another section "Work in Progress: Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion. " p. 15.16 from @ "taniu". Regards

irrelevant

Now that I think about it, this mod already has flax seeds. But I'm using @kid293 tiny TP, which I expect is what controls what the merchants bring. I do remember farming flax in an earlier Egyptian town.

And you're right @Nilla  there's plenty of cotton and flax growing wild. Two tailors is barely enough in this small town to turn all the available RMs into coats for trade..

Nilla

I´ve noticed, too that merchants at the small TP from Kid´s Tiny mod are a bit different, sometimes not bringing all goods, sometimes just a different collection, compared to vanilla merchants. It was even that way in my last game where I used only his mod.

irrelevant

Really would like to buy some flax seeds, so I built a regular TP, since @kid1293 Tiny TP was not bringing them. Alas, the regular TP does not have flax seeds available either. The merchants must get locked into what products they have available to buy based on the first TP that the merchant visits.  :(

Notice that the apple seeds, cabbage seeds, and pear seeds appear to be the graphic for flax. Something odd going on here for sure, in the interaction between these two mods. I definitely have ROTP on top in the mod list. The seed merchants from @kid1293 Tiny TP and from the regular TP bring identical offerings.

Also, I bought wheat seeds, but they are not available for planting. I do have apple seeds though, which I'm pretty sure I did not buy. I'll try again.

eta: well, I must have been looking at the TP panel crosseyed, bought apple seeds and thought they were wheat, cause now I have wheat seeds for real.

irrelevant

Overview of this slow-growing town.

Two Eqyptian Small Markets are easily providing for everyone's needs. I do the school-closing trick every time a new family forms, as my girls are all still hooking up as students, far outnumbered by the boys.

I sure am looking forward to being able to build Egyptian smiths, tailors, and schools to go along with these pretty houses, barns, and markets! ;) :D The vanilla buildings look especially clunky here in the midst of all of this @RedKetchup elegance!

Nilla

I noticed too that there are two types of flax when you´re using RKRoPh and Kid´s Tiny together. You can´t use the one with the blue flower sign at the RK buildings, I bought some just to test it. There´s been some trouble with different definitions of flax a long time. I think there´s somewhere a mod that makes flax=flax but I´m, sure others know better the name and where to find it.

I don´t think the first TP you build defines what´s brought to the next. I built first a small Kid Tiny port then a large vanilla port in both my last game and I´m sure the merchants brought different things. But there´s something odd going on at your TP with the symbols, that´s for sure. I didn´t notice anything like that but I can´t say I looked carefully enough to see.
Quote from: irrelevant on September 23, 2019, 06:06:37 PM
I sure am looking forward to being able to build Egyptian smiths, tailors, and schools to go along with these pretty houses, barns, and markets! ;) :D The vanilla buildings look especially clunky here in the midst of all of this @RedKetchup elegance!

Agree! That´s why I tried to hide these buildings in the dense forest. ;)

brads3

sorry but there is no easy fix to flax. the Flax patch was made by Necora to merge his flax with CC flax.KID uses Tandys flax,totally different. RED's flax is like CC's. thou it is not labeled, you have a wild and a domestic versio of flax. the processing is different for them.some flax is used to make linen and then the linen is ade into coats.the other skips the linen step. end results and amount of flax is the same or close enough.1 way is a 2 step process and requires more work time.

the Pharaoh mod is still in development. you hve a mixture of stuff that has been replaced and others that are set to be replaced.

irrelevant

The Large Market is beautiful! However.....

It doesn't seem to stock textiles, copper, or tin. That makes it useless as a manufacturing hub. I'd like it better if it was more multi-purpose.

Also, the Tavern has a problem here.....

Quote from: brads3 on September 24, 2019, 06:03:38 AM
     the Pharaoh mod is still in development. you hve a mixture of stuff that has been replaced and others that are set to be replaced.
Yes, I know, just pointing things out.... :)