News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing

Started by irrelevant, August 24, 2019, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

NewDebug is RedKetchup's version. It puts the Debug tool on the main toolbar with the Time Controls to the left of it. Here's a copy of it.

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

elana

I'm considering helping with the play testing.  What is 'fake demolish to make room?  Any tips to get started?  - Isis over for now
Do as you would be done by

MarkAnthony

Doing a "fake demolish" is generally done to homes for the most part to force your Villagers to relocate and pair up with someone else. All it is is using the Remove Structure tool (or a destroy/upgrade button on the building's UI if any) and then reclaiming it some time afterwards.

If you set a home for destruction and have zero builders assigned, that home will remain in a state of "under construction" and nothing will happen to it. This gives you time to stall until you need the home for someone. But if you ever re-assign builders, then that home can be destroyed if you are not watching over it.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

elana

Ah  I do this alot - never heard it called as you did.   :)  tHX for replying.  I call this technique 'moving day.'
Do as you would be done by

irrelevant

@RedKetchup what food group is honey in for this mod? Are any of the wild food items "grain"?

irrelevant

Quote from: elana on September 02, 2019, 01:20:36 PM
Ah  I do this alot - never heard it called as you did.   :)  tHX for replying.  I call this technique 'moving day.'
Moving day, I like that. ;D

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on September 04, 2019, 07:50:33 AM
@RedKetchup what food group is honey in for this mod?

honey is : Edible | Grain only.

Quote from: irrelevant on September 04, 2019, 07:50:33 AM
Are any of the wild food items "grain"?

Wild Oat spawns that gives generic Oat resource.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

irrelevant

The "Collect Wild Food" button will not highlight honey or juniper berries for collection. You must hit them with the "Remove Resources" button. Also, it would be nice to have a "Collect Dead Wood" button, as in RKEC. Here you must use "Collect Wild Things", which if you drag over an area large enough to encompass a few dead wood, will also highlight lots of other stuff for collection.

RedKetchup

thanks , gonna check that. about deadwood... i didnt took decision what i ll do with it. it has been added cause it was in rkec and i copied over a lot of things in a pack
deadwood as has been drawn... dont fit well.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

@RedKetchup yeah, they probably should be scrubbier or palm-ier ;)

Okiepat

Maybe dead bush or tumbleweed looking. Or have the deadwood look like dried palm fronds that have fallen from the trees.

Kristahfer

Speaking to earlier post by @irrelevant on "Collect Deadwood" sounds rather interesting however I can see some possible issues. Maybe a single "Show All" option that would show a count of each of the majority collectables. Then the users could use the individual collect options. This would really increase ability to micro manage game play.

irrelevant

Started a new town with Beta 2. I wanted to do Jack and Jill so I stole @Nilla 's good idea of using @kid1293 's "Tiny" and "Forest Outpost"

Stockpile, Tiny Barn. Got the blacksmith working in Spring 2, had to stop in the middle and build a hut to insure they did not freeze in some freak cold snap. Made 6 stone tools. Gotta have some tools, no matter how bad they are. I'm on an island with absolutely no copper ore, so I also had to build a bridge.

Now I'm making bronze. @RedKetchup Assigned two blacksmiths to speed things along, but only one will work, the other idles endlessly, or does laborer stuff.

Spring 3 got enough mats for a school and four more bronze tools. The child is four, no sweat.

Can go for a long time with no gatherer and no chopper.

Whenever I find one of those honey-stumps, it immediately gets top priority.