News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Other Game Favorites

Started by Abandoned, April 23, 2017, 06:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Definitely my top 5 are (alphabetical order):
Sudoku (Also in paper book form & tablet)

PC/Laptop
Banished
CivCity: Rome
[/size]Flight Sims (cos I have too, lol)
Minecraft (old school style)
Sims (although not as much these days)
Wurm Online (awesome community and town builder)

(And yes, I've had my fair share of Township & Farmville etc ...  Vampires was one of my fave via FB until the closed the game)

These 4 I haven't played directly, but watched hubby play them, and I would happily play again with him.
Cognition
Fire Watch
Gabriel Knight
Wolf Among Us, The (Telltale Games)

Tablet
Best Fiends
Exploding Kittens
Shuffle Cats
Vikings
Yahtzee (with Friends)

Console
Borderlands
Diablo 3
Mass Effect (series)
Final Fantasy X(2)
The Witcher 3

Card / Board Games
Exploding Kittens
Monopoly (old school)
Munchkin
Standard deck of cards X 2
Uno

So now, if the island has electricity & wifi (for multi-player) I have a list, and if there's no power, I have a list.  :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

i hated the homm4 because i always got pissed to the stupid 1 troup running around which played "Cats & dogs" (or Cats & mice) all the time and try to steal your 1 mine.
in the homm3 you dont have those stupid things happended
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: Abandoned on April 24, 2017, 04:31:11 PMGOG is good site.

Yeah... for a while I was kinda ticked off, when they bought all these old titles that were already free (abandonware), as I'm pretty much into retro games... but they kept the cost low and are doing a pretty good job to make the games run on win (instead a DOS box) and weeding out bugs... so I made my peace with them, 5 to 10 bucks is not too much to spend once in a while...  :)

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 24, 2017, 04:44:52 PMdespict the fact it was full 2D.

I don't mind that at all... some of these old titles have really great storylines, and incredible depth... without overheating a laptop, too LOL
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on April 25, 2017, 04:03:40 AM
I don't mind that at all... some of these old titles have really great storylines, and incredible depth... without overheating a laptop, too LOL

i remember at some point, maybe 12-20 yesra ago i ve got to use ....

Slowmo

lol anyone remember that ?

Abandoned

@Paeng glad we didn't lose you to fallout, I'd be at fault and probably be banned from this site  :'(  Agree 2D games some of the best and I still have manuals and cloth maps etc. but :

@kid1293 Morrowind and Oblivion beautiful games.

@QueryEverything , you got it covered.  Sorry but I doubt there will be wifi, there wasn't when article was published.  Took a quick look but didn't find it.  The oldest saved article I have is 1998.  They use to publish game tips and hints and even walkthroughs.  If we get to take hubbies we get to take extra games.  :)  I'm glad you thought ahead and bringing decks of cards, I will sure miss my magic card games.

@RedKetchup , I agree how annoying in Heroes4 to have lone enemy hero come take your mines & troop buildings and original maps there is always a portal for them to come through but I like graphics better, caravans, and more than one hero in the army, even nothing but heroes in the army.  When I got Heroes3 I found a lot I liked about that version also but missed taking one hero over to the enemy to take their mines and troop buildings. LOL

Lots of great games.

kid1293

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 25, 2017, 06:41:28 AM
i remember at some point, maybe 12-20 yesra ago i ve got to use ....

Slowmo

lol anyone remember that ?

LOL
I remember a flight simulator I had that problem with. The plane was leaving the map - ZAP!
No chance to fly around. I had it later with some 'slowmo' but by then it was boring.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on April 25, 2017, 07:04:16 AM
LOL
I remember a flight simulator I had that problem with. The plane was leaving the map - ZAP!
No chance to fly around. I had it later with some 'slowmo' but by then it was boring.

if i remember right that was some parameters you could pass to it to set the slowing speed from faster to slower.... a number you put in the command line.....
so long time ago \!/

Paeng

Quote from: Abandoned on April 25, 2017, 06:48:13 AMglad we didn't lose you to fallout

Nah, not so easy to get rid of me...  :D

Anyway, it's a welcome break, to get settled in a bit better with all the new things...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]