News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Chunkerview

Started by brads3, April 14, 2019, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 57

the colonial village is overpopulated and needs to produce more food. more fields need plowed and smaller houses need built. while here,i wanted to use some deocrations to fill some spaces.an EB winery is built with an orchard to supply it.the market plaza was extended and a playground was added for the children. more flowers and trees were planted.the area needs a lot more clean up, but we did brighten it up  some. a CC blacksmith will make cannons.

pic 1  Cathedral of the Joyous
pic 2:laundry area
pic 3: playground and extended the plaza
pic 4: EB winery and an RK cemetary
pic 5: CC fort blacksmith
pic 6:: pasture outputs

brads3

YEAR 58

there are sweet gum and aspens growing in the maple forests.they are blocking sunlight to the apple trees.it is thincker than a few years ago.the pine trees are taller and choked out the gum and aspens. we do show a surplus of pine boughs.with 2 foresters,they cut more of the regrowth as they plant.then we have too many logs.the last few years logs have been sent to a trade post.as the laborers cleared more land,we did work to cut the log count.since we are using logs more i did double the foresters on the maple trees.they will use pine boughs for charcoal.that should belence things better give us more food,use up the excess  boughs,and not overload us with logs.

i often say these bannies have minds of their own. even thou they are programmed to act 1 way,do not expect them to follow that rule.i sent them to clear land so i could plant more crop fields,then supply buildings and clear near the south school and church.they did everything backwards,clearing near the school 1st. this sets everything behind. if i tried to take a picture,it would be in the middle of a blizzard not a sunny summer day.

the builders did complete a  beekeeper,candle shop, and several houses.they used the time to layout more roads and clear around some buildings.they even had time to haul rocks since the laborers wouldn't move supplies. 

pic 1:maple forest outputs.note the overgrowth of aspens and sweetgum trees a few years ago you could see the cabin that is now hiden

pic 2: production village gardener
pic 3:colonial village gardeners.the colonial gatherer isn't finding enough food nowhe will be dismissed.these little foresters do help withg the regrowth.

pic 4: comparison of RED's and KID's apiarys.similar food totals but with KID's you get beeswax and apples..
if you need more wax,RED's will switch from honey

pic 5: cleanup at the school and church that should have been done later.
pic 6:Boston houses. note area to the SW should have been cleared 1st.
pic 7: CV candle shop
pic 8: decor cannons addedto the CC BS
pic 9:finally plowed fields 

moonbelf

Just wanted to say I'm still following your blog every day and enjoying your adventure as you go :)

brads3

i am gaining. need to get the food productiio up and clean up some before finishing the churches.

brads3

YEAR 59

WE have plenty of pine boughs and pelts.we head back north to the pine village.a 2nd furrier hut and kiln will be built.the kiln will make pine pitch from the boughs.the forest is producing more and more boughs but not as much resin. more colorful houses and a fishing pier can be added while we are there.

the clear roads have helped keep the regrowth down. the center of town is still open. these trees are thick but we can find the road to the bridge easily. the laborers do take time to clear rocks and trees to the south of the village.

the plantation wharehouse area is doing well..the combo forester has kept the trees from overgrowing.a OT tavern and a small park were constructed.a few trees near the log drifter were cut.they were just outside the reach of the gardener.the bannies planted some flowers by the church.

pic 1:2nd kiln and furrier hut
pic 2: fishing pier
pic 3: OT tavern and park
pic 4 clean up around the glass shop

brads3

YEAR 60 REVIEW

population of 715.it is growing at a steady pace but slower than it was.we graduate and build houses for about 10 each year. building smaller houses has helped.the report says we built 4 churches.it is 5,since i do think the monastery was counted as 1.we have worked to improve food production. as our processors use more firewood,we sent logs to the trade posts.that opened room in storage.we will need another firewood chopper soon.more items are being processed and shipped.there has been a lot of little adjustments but the bannies are moving goods well. the trade posts are restocking quickly.

we started 3 new villages.the 2nd GF,monastery,and a western styled colonial.we did more clean up of the re-growth. that was going good until the bannies slowed it down with their protest 1 year. we doubled the number of crop fields.we redug the mines deeper and dug a salt mine.

the tests of field,orchards,and livestock are complete.there are 8 more churches to be planned and contructed.those will need 3 new villages.2 of which are mixed.

pic 1: yr 60 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4 food and log graph

brads3

YEAR 60

before we head bac across the river, we want to do somethings to help the colonial village more.they are growing fast enough to need a school.a wood cutter and log cart will help keep the cannon smith supplied. more combo foresters will stay and work to open more land.these do help slow the regrowth.they also do some trapping.

the bannies cleared land along the road between the 2 GF cathedrals.4 more fields can be planted next spring.

pic 1::RK wood cutter and log cart
pic 2:WW school
pic 3: the ain GF road,

brads3

YEAR 61

before i start the next villages,i need to stretch the map.the monastery village is overgrown already. a school will be built and land cleared for more crops. a healer and records hall are completed.

the plan is to use the monastery as a base to launch north and west to the lake. more houses for laborers and builders will help speed up the work.

pic 1: overview of the MV regrowth
pic 2: school
pic 3: healer and herb garden
pic 4:progress on clearing and fields plowed

brads3

YEAR 62

we can start the triple dock village. a combination of RK and CC dock sets.while the bannies build this they can cut more trees around the monastery.this shoud be a good plan.5 houses,a fishing dock,2 fields,and a seafood trapas well as a wood cutter and storage were completed.

finally the merchants brought food instead of processed goods they have had a run of many years of bringing everything else and little food.plus the weather was warmer.this was our best food production year. over 15,000 extra food produced and we had to raise the food limit.the bannies are super happy with that.

i mention this in case new players are paying attention the pine village are burning  charcoal as fuel.not an issue here as they are trying to use excess pine boughs up to make the charcoal.if however, you need a lot of charcoal to process something,be aware of that.the "stop burning coal" mod does not stop the houses from using charcoal. even with the no coal mod, some storages will fill with coal.this makes the wood cutters work slower also. these bannies have to work to send the coal where it is used and trade enough to keep it away from the wood cutters. you do need to watch the balance.

pic 1: MV clearing and some flowers planted
pic 2: wood dock construction
pic 3 fishing dock and wood cutter

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i thought maybe you caught my mistake,RED. i put a walkway too close to the seafood trapper covering a boat. it has been fixed.this is going to be 3 dock sets to get all the churches. your dock height is perfect for EB's beach decorations to sit down on it. did you like hhow i mixed the housing in the colonial village? KID's, BOSTON's,PILGRIM's,and the old country houses made it colorful. by the way your seeds don't have any onions only your greenhouses can grow onions.

brads3

YEAR 63

we extended the wood dock and started the transition to the CC dock.a market and church were completed. the laborers hauled materials for more farms,barns, and a school.instead of floating logs we decided to use reeds to heat the houses. we were able to put some EB tables from the beach mod down on the RK dock near the market.

the monastery village added 2 more fields and a barn.

the pine craftsman caught diptheria but was able to get to the pine hospital without infecting anyone else.

pic 1:wood dock church
pic 2: 2nd rice field
pic 3: CC reeds and bundler
pic 4: WD school and market,EB's tables sit perfectly down onto the RK docks

brads3

YEAR 64

while we work to extend the CC dock,the laborers haul stone for the RK stone dock.a hospital and a mill for the rice were completed.i realized we do not have a dock bakery of any kind. we also have a lot of fish that can be processed.the stone dock will be extended into the shoreline.

the transition to stone was not easy. i did have to leave an exit for the fishing boat.a bridge was needed. the bannies do not like to work in the middle of water, so they built the dock out to it 1st.

the CC dock added a fishing pier and a chicken house.the monastery village added its own bakery and a grinder to make wheat bread.

even with the progress,we are falling way behind on housing.food production is now over 100,000.

pic 1:MV bakery and grinder
pic 2:CC chicken house and fish pier
pic 3: overview of the wood dock
pic 4: construction of the stone dock
pic 5 transtition bridge for the fishing boat
pic 6: mill but we have no bakery

Nilla

Beautiful screenies Brad. I haven´t followed this thread because I was ill as it started and I´m too lazy to catch up from the start but sometimes I take a brief look and I like what I see.

brads3

glad to see you are feeling better,NILLA. you are missed when you are away.