News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Basic of Banished

Started by okkisafire, March 22, 2018, 06:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okkisafire

Dear my seniors, please help me to fix some issues that I don't really understand yet. I just played Banished from 2017 while the game was from 2014. I start this topic because I couldn't find any room that discussed it "clearly".

1. What is the main store that sell Banished? I've got my version (1.06) from my friend whose in turn got it from GOG. But I've read that the latest version (1.07) is only available on STEAM which I don't familiar at all. I have installed Steam on my comp but it is likely that Steam is kinda like GOG (not the genuine or the first hand seller) and have many issues just like GOG. Cam somebody explain about it? I thought any versions of Banished were issued by the developer, but I guess I was wrong, wasn't I?

2. I read that ver 1.07 will be the last development for Banished. Is that mean that there will be no other version in the future? Or I just get it wrong? But if there will be another version in the future, while I have already buy it on Steam, may I get the update on Steam for free or must I buy it again?

3. I found out that the first version was somewhat very different even from the 1.06 version. Is that true that the original building had tailor, bakery, hunting cabin, blacksmith, forester, etc attached to housing? But on the development, the attached house were removed (in hunting cabin's case, it become the hunting cabin building as it now). If that's true, can somebody tell me the reasons why? Because I think it take more space than the original. And why don't somebody remake the original buildings as one mod? I think I've found some mods for original bakery, tailor, and blacksmith but not all the mods can be applied on the 1.06 (and I believe on 1.07) version.

4. I have no IT basic, so I don't understand how to make mod, nor to design one. But I guess it would be helpful if I can understand the basic of decoding, to understand the game any better, or at least to understand what people have talking about (I often found people chatting about the code etc that I completely lost to it). How can I open the code directory? Should I have some kind of program to open it? And what is the first step for me to learn (the "basic for fool", so to speak)?

Thank you so much for your attention and helps :)

RedKetchup

gog should has the 1.0.7 but if they dont, and they have 1.0.6 you would need to use this upgrade patch:

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/patch/BanishedPatch_1.0.6_To_1.0.7.170910.zip
You'll have to extract it into your Banished game folder, making sure to preserve the directory structure of the archive. This will overwrite several game files such as executables and dlls.

yes there is probably 99% chance to be the last patch. but if there is one more, yes steam update it free automatically, while gog , you need to resend your key and download it again as a whole when it will be updated.

the original version never had a bakery and never had any housing attached to the buildings. i dont know where you got that. but i am personally the modder who thought i can redesign some building and make an housing part with it :) and i am also the one who did the bakery.... and even the creamery.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

Both the Gog and Steam versions are the original legal downloads of the game.  They are where the maker chose to make them available for download.  I know of no other places to buy Banished.

I purchased Banished from Steam.   When I started, I had the 1.0.6 version as that is all there was.  Then the maker of the game put out an update to 1.0.7.  Steam had some sort of message to click on an update link, so I did, and my game was updated.  For free, of course, because it was just some fixes and improvements.   If there were any updates or fixes to the game, it would be free.

As was said, there never were attached houses to workplace building such as the hunter, etc.

Red Ketchup made mods of a bakery, tailor, blacksmith and tavern that had housing sections that could be added.  He posted his first versions on this site in 2016 and I am rather sure before Banished got updated to 1.0.7.  That is probably what you knew about but thought came with original game.  They are excellent mods and I still use and love them.

galensgranny

Regarding the original hunter, gatherer, herbalist, and forester buildings being a waste of space since the Bannies cannot store anything in the buildings for some odd reason, the modder Yanderson made a mod that makes a hunter, gatherer, herbalist and forester that can store the items collected.  His mods probably will only work version 1.0.7.

Hawk

GoG does have the 1.07 version. That's where I got it. It has a 64-bit version and a 32-bit version available.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

okkisafire

Thanks all. I think it must be more convenient to use Steam, I'll be wait for their discount thought lol. I forget where I read about "what I thought" was the original version of it, because I still remember that the Forester hut were separated into two buildings. I hope there will be another development for this game

galensgranny

@okkisafire , Red Ketchup made a mod that separated the hunter's hut from the original game into two parts, the workplace and house.  It is at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=116

With what the modders have been doing, it is like new developments for the game.  They have added things that never existed.  It would be nice if the game creator did more, but he likely won't.

oldgraywolf

Humble sells it as well, and it goes on sale quite often.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/banished
I never lose. I either win or I learn.

okkisafire

Quote@okkisafire , Red Ketchup made a mod that separated the hunter's hut from the original game into two parts, the workplace and house.  It is at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=116

I see lol, so this is the "old" one that made me thought it was separated from the start

okkisafire

@oldgraywolf thanks for you suggestion, but I think I would buy the game from Steam because I think it is more convenient. But thanks a lot