News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

;) mine probably wouldn't sell anyway at a price over $50, they aren't really good enough. If I sold 600 of them I'd retire from my day job!

But, buying models - it depends on how much you like them, and whether they seem worth the cost. To me the texturing is the thing worth the money. I find I can easily enough make a copy of the actual 3d model, but making nice looking textures is the time-consuming part.
I've bought 2 x 3d models, one is a tree, and the other is an animated rabbit. they both cost me under $10 for both... big spender I am. One day I hope to get the rabbit working in Banished.

elemental

I've browsed some of those 3D market sites, just out of curiosity. Some of them are quite cheap and could well be worth the purchase just in what you can learn from them. Some are... not so cheap.

I did find these recently. I think a ferny undergrowth in a forest would be nice. Free, but not free. You buy a daypass for the site and download all you want.

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/83516

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/84331

Discrepancy

They look nice, but despite them saying low-poly, I don't think they would be 'low-poly' enough. I will try to make some ferns from scratch, should be easy enough.

tanypredator

Hello! I'm glad to hear about Village Hall and Village Inn! They are really needed :)

"The upcoming v2 has snow covered jetties and bridges." - great! I'll wait for the version with a hall and inn.

I'm glad to see you back - you are a great mod-maker :) I'm using this mod now and like it very much.

Discrepancy

a side-step from working on DSSV v2....  :-\ another project

Agapanthus (blue, white, purple) & Clivia (orange, yellow)   -   decorative only

free to build, just 2 work to plant :)
click on the flower to delete/remove. they are road, water, mountain, etc build-able. will not flatten the ground.

Eventually it will include half a dozen trees I have and other flowers and shrubs. But for now it is just these 2 flowers, they do look alike, but are slightly different. Like I said before, they aren't native to the banished landscape, but I think they look nice.

DS Flora test beta1 - members download only

Tom Sawyer

Welcome back and nice to see progress of your project @Discrepancy. As always, very detailed and with great variety!

And I agree with the opinions on purchased models. It is absolutely fine. And it's good for new content in Banished. But we should always be honest with it and name the source or just write that it is a purchased model. To pretend it would be our own work without any credits to the creator would not be right in my eyes.

Abandoned

Wow, pretty flowers, love the colors.  Thank you.

Discrepancy

I wonder what this villager put on his fire to get it started!

trying to adjust the tent campfire smoke points...

elemental

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 14, 2017, 12:31:36 AM

Something nasty, but no matter... I see mirror image houses! Yay! Thanks so much for that.  :)

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 14, 2017, 12:31:36 AMI wonder what this villager put on his fire to get it started!

If only that fire could be contained in a large firepit and burn forever... Open fire is one of the most missing items in Banished.  :'( 

Though maybe we can have large braziers and stuff that at least appear to create heat, like this one -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfmf8REpm4w

I know Banished smoke is just particles, not animated... just wondering if torches could be "faked" (see attachment), with smoke kinda camouflaging the missing animation...  ???

EDIT

That was last night... today all this has changed - look below...   ;D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 14, 2017, 12:31:36 AM

trying to adjust the tent campfire smoke points...

are you doing this ? because....

i think i just stole this idea :P

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ArTKXvgXjrNVBTOXEwWkl4Y0E/view?usp=sharing
(click to download for best video performances - instead to use their video tool)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Absolutely amazing... for me, this is a major breakthrough!

<bowing_deep>

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on January 14, 2017, 01:25:37 PM
Absolutely amazing... for me, this is a major breakthrough!

<bowing_deep>

it is ! but as a decorative objets like a torch ?? not sure we can make it consume cause need to be "worked with a citizen"
who knows maybe i ll find the answer ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 14, 2017, 01:31:47 PMit is ! but as a decorative objets like a torch ?? not sure we can make it consume cause need to be "worked with a citizen"
who knows maybe i ll find the answer

Oh, I'm sure you will... can't think about the possibilities yet - I'm kinda ecstatic right now, just celebrating! LOL

Tom Sawyer

Wow. This is extremely well done! The clothing too. It will be in your Pharao mod, or?