News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

if this is at the very start of the game,then yes this is normal. more banis can move into the house but the couple who stays will only have 1 child at a time. hmm unless you have another mod to override that "bigger families".

Hawk

Ah! I never really noticed that before.   ;D
Thanks!
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

TheOtherMicheal

And it's not something from just this mod. I've seen the same thing when accepting nomads into a town before I started using this latest beta - for example, the tiny small town row house are rated for just three people but when the nomads move in they may have three children (for a total of five people in a three person house). Only once the children move out will the parents start having more children and when they do it will only be one child at a time.

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy you know I've been waiting happily, and now I have finally downloaded it :)

So, a couple of things:
1)  I remove the fenceless pastures mod you made for me (the 4 x 4)??
2)  Is this needed for a new map?  I already run my maps with your Beta v 1.x so the start is the same, but I'm guessing a new map is still in order?

Cheers :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

Quote from: Hawk on January 31, 2017, 07:07:10 AM
Do you have any plans on adding any type of jetty residence; small fishing hut or something?

Yes some jetty houses have been started, they will be finished for v2.
And yes smaller fishing options will be included also.

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 01, 2017, 05:08:54 PM
... a couple of things:
1)  I remove the fenceless pastures mod you made for me (the 4 x 4)??
2)  Is this needed for a new map?  I already run my maps with your Beta v 1.x so the start is the same, but I'm guessing a new map is still in order?

1 - I'm not sure I added a fenceless pasyure mod? maybe kid1293? .  The fenceless pasture in DSSV though also has a min 4x4 build - all the way up to 55x55 max.

2 - I think so - I am not 100% certain as I haven't tested it with a earlier version save, but with all the things I've changed, including production numbers, I think it would need a new game. Also I think I may have altered the map files, so seed numbers will be different with the new version.

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy perfect, thank you.  I will back up this map and it's current mods, then install yours.
Disable first mod, then exit, then delete :)  (after backing up).

Ah yes, it was Kid's fenceless pasture :)  Got it.

Thanks so much :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

TheOtherMicheal

You can install this version of the beta into a saved game, that's exactly what I did but there are some caveats  ::)
I had no buildings etc. etc. from the earlier beta/mod versions in the town yet and my town population was only about 40 people  in total. So yeah, if you've just started a new map I reckon you could get away with it.

While it's common enough to delete anything built from the earlier version and then install the new one, I'm inclined to go with Discrepancy's recommendation and start a new game if only because I think it will be better for starting up all the new fishing & gathering tasks available in the new beta.

Discrepancy

@Paeng, I will offer some angle variants of my houses in DSSV, it is easy enough to make the variants with these houses, not so sure with the townhouses though.

so some issues with the beta version(11)...
- not everything is functional also not all models are in finished state.
- the crop field is not displaying snow in winter.
- narrow warehouses aren't storing goods properly.
- there should not be a build (work) cost for the 'Gather with Basket' and 'Waterside Fishing'. Also missing the 'depletion/ongoing cost'.
- Workshop's are too fast at production.
- Smoke points wrong on 'mirrored' versions of village homes.

other News:

The HerbalistDescription herbalist production function to collect wild spawning things (naturalResources) doesn't seem to allow a production cost.

Well it seems I cannot get the function to work with the gather with basket.
Nor could I utilize the ConsumeRawMaterial _consumeMaterials code for a constant cost of gathering baskets. So all I have is the build cost :(

back to square 1.

the modkit does not allow much.

we all knew this, didn't we?

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy I am getting a CTD, admittedly I've also downloaded a couple of other mods today and tested them. However the crashes only started after installing DSSV v2 beta.
I do have the .DMP file, but I can't read it :(

I have no idea what triggered it, if it was a conflict in the mods, if it was an action on a Banniminion, or what :(
i've tried to piece it together for the last 30 mins, I had thought it may have been a corrupted Autosave, but I have deleted the old Autosave and have resaved my map.

Just about to start a new map and try again.  Any tips on what I should be trialling to trigger manually??
Cheers

Discrepancy

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 02, 2017, 03:15:45 AM
@Discrepancy I am getting a CTD, admittedly I've also downloaded a couple of other mods today and tested them. However the crashes only started after installing DSSV v2 beta.
I do have the .DMP file, but I can't read it :(

I have no idea what triggered it, if it was a conflict in the mods, if it was an action on a Banniminion, or what :(
i've tried to piece it together for the last 30 mins, I had thought it may have been a corrupted Autosave, but I have deleted the old Autosave and have resaved my map.

Just about to start a new map and try again.  Any tips on what I should be trialling to trigger manually??
Cheers

I'm unable to read .dmp files also.

Did you get a small dialog box appear at CTD? can you remember what it said?

QueryEverything

I did, but I didn't take a screenshot of it.  I'll reload the map and see what happens :D

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 02, 2017, 12:12:45 AMI will offer some angle variants of my houses in DSSV, it is easy enough to make the variants with these houses

Wow, that's really great... already love 'em  ;D
Maybe you can also twist one of your barns?

Quotenot so sure with the townhouses though

That's fine, like I mentioned it should not become a chore... stick to models that don't give you too much of a hard time, we'll be happy  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Discrepancy

.... everything diagonal... yes, yes  ;)

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy got the screenshot.
If it makes any difference, it's a clean crash, meaning that I don't have to go into Task Manager to kill it.
It could be a faulty save.

I need to try using your baskets on the next map, see if that triggers it, but the new map I have now hasn't crashed, but I'm not using the new baskets or fishing equipment.  Now that it's stable and I've run it for 2 hours I will add the baskets etc and see if it crashes then.
For now though, I leave you with this image and bid you a good night :D :D

Hawk

DS did mention back in Post #167

QuoteAlso the Gathering Basket and Fishing Gear is still not set up correctly.

I wonder if that could be the cause of your crash?

I haven't tried the baskets yet because of what he said.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]