News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@Discrepancy , will we be getting the start conditions as a separate mod?  That would be very nice.  :)  Is CC the only mod with different terrains like dessert or swamp?

taniu

I made a few screenshots - hospitals and 1 medieval apothecary that heal people. They do not fit  to my wooden village. I love houses DS Small willage. I have a request if you can add the texture such as the small cottages to a small hospital and apothecary? Is @ Discrepancy positively support my conclusion would be very happy ?

taniu

taniu

taniu

Such a texture - Please wooden hospital and apothecary

kralyerg

@QueryEverything

Busy Pastures only affects the Livestock. It doesn't affect the Starting Conditions or the Pastures themselves.

DSSV only affects the Starting Conditions, and has it's own Pastures. It doesn't affect the Livestock.

They shouldn't even conflict. I'm not sure why it's doing strange things like that.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 11, 2017, 10:03:42 PM
Well I've done plenty of tests with DSSV by itself, and the pastures all produce fine. I'm not sure what is going on. I haven't a great deal of time right now to do much modding or playing so my tests sometimes aren't long enough though. I will download Busy Pastures and try to play a few games with CC and NMT enabled also.
I would suggest that Busy Pastures should be placed above DSSV.

- - -

Further production on v2 has been slow. I have reverted the Village Chapel to the original smaller v1.1 size, this is because I have added the Village Church, a much larger grey stone church. Also another Blacksmith the Village Kitchen and work has started on smaller markets and a hospital and health buildings - herbalist, herb gathering, etc.
Thank you for the update re V2, I understand, I'm cruising on with what we have so far :)  I do like that starter buildings which is why I use yours.  And more specifically, until the bridges & port are accessible in other starters, I am using yours so I can use your bridges - I just can't give up my fishing bridge :)  ;)

Quote from: kralyerg on February 12, 2017, 09:31:07 AM
@QueryEverything

Busy Pastures only affects the Livestock. It doesn't affect the Starting Conditions or the Pastures themselves.

DSSV only affects the Starting Conditions, and has it's own Pastures. It doesn't affect the Livestock.

They shouldn't even conflict. I'm not sure why it's doing strange things like that.

Thank you both @kralyerg & @Discrepancy, it really is odd. 
In the multiple tests I ran it was always the last livestock on the list which never produced, never harvested, and outgrew their pastures, even in a 20x10, they would just keep growing.  Even in the vanilla pastures.

Where the map spawn 2, it was #2
Where the map spawn 3, it was #3.  #1 & #2 worked as to be expected, the produced, they were harvested, then their produce would turn up in the storage.

I do have BP higher than DSSV, DSSV higher than CCJ & MM, BP is right near the top with other boosters (road & TREE) etc.

For now, back to DSSV-Easy and trade for additional livestock.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy & @kralyerg
The new MM with the new DS Small Village to "pre_v2_beta11" will that mean I don't have to have DSSV as my start village, the new bridge system etc ... 

I love the DSSV start, but, I also like to try other things and I'm not ready to give up my bridges.

(note) I did ask over on the MM thread as well.

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

I will remove all start conditions and make a separate mod of them.

Also following the discovery that @Necora found regarding toolbars...

Jetties, bridges & all water buildings will be removed from DSSV.

I will then see what else should be 'culled' and transferred to a different mod.

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 12, 2017, 11:58:20 PMI will then see what else should be 'culled' and transferred to a different mod.

Well, it's really none of my business how you organize your Mod(s), so just take this as some quiet musing...  :)

Basically I would love to see mod packs separated into something like

Housing | Storage/Production | Decor

My reasoning -

* Decor is universal, fits any setting;
* Storage and Production buildings are 'unique' (not build en masse), are needed everywhere and fit most settings;
* Housing usually determines style and looks of a settlement (build en masse), and does not fit every setting...

Again, not trying to push for this... just adding some typical "builder's" thoughts...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

estherhb

I didn't realize you had done new starts until I started my first game using MegaMod .07.  I've grown so tired of the standard ones and I'm not a real fan of Hard Starts (the only new ones in CC 1.7).  The DSSV ones are wonderful!!!

QueryEverything

Quote from: estherhb on February 14, 2017, 06:22:54 PM
I didn't realize you had done new starts until I started my first game using MegaMod .07.  I've grown so tired of the standard ones and I'm not a real fan of Hard Starts (the only new ones in CC 1.7).  The DSSV ones are wonderful!!!
Yup which is why I have that as my "standard" @estherhb , that and the bridges were only available when DSSV was used to start, and I couldn't ever let go @Discrepancy fishing bridge and dock storage. :D

Discrepancy

:) I'm glad you like the start conditions.

A few things: I have decided that the Jetty and Bridges will forever be removed from DSSV.
The creation of the modular toolbar has allowed a greater freedom with mods the more I think and look into it.
Originally my docks/jetties were going to be a part of my fences & deco mod, but somehow from a couple of arch bridges for the village they morphed into what became the jetty set.

- So, I have split-apart all the workings of the Jetty & Bridges from DSSV and turned it into a new mod: DSJettyAndBridge.pkm,
    compiled with the new 1.0.7 modkit it is available here.

*for now the DS Jetty & Bridge mod is v0.9, as it shares many critical resources with DSSV, I will eventually change this to allow better future upgrades.

I have also split apart the housing options from DSSV v2, also compiled for Banished 1.0.7

you can find it here.

???

So all this talk of modular toolbars... I will split DSSV v2 up into different parts, but also eventually once all working in cohesion I will release a DSSV v2 complete version, using DSSmallVillage.pkm.

QueryEverything

Well done :)  Downloading now, thank you @Discrepancy these are fabulous!! :D

Discrepancy

I've been working a bit more on the town services. I've got it mostly working now as a separate mod. I've added a few more tombstones, simple crosses and a freshly dug hole to the cemeteries.

Work is still slow on the Hospital, overall it is based upon the same building style as the townhall and inns, larger though, it has a ready made gardens of sort, I did this as the hospital sits on a slight angle and takes up more squares. pictures of this later.