News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work in Progress : Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion.

Started by RedKetchup, January 25, 2016, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

Temple is very nice. Does it represent the "chapel (200 people)" size?

I am not finding any pictures of ancient Egyptian shops. Probably looked a lot like the houses. Found some quarries and pictures of papyrus crop.

RedKetchup

yes it will.  :)

it is now in the game :)

and the screenshot will show you how it looks :)

i need to add a floor function so the citizens dont get their feet buried under the floor :)

EDIT : Done (last screenshot)

EDIT2 : Added shade effects in the 'windows' (very last screenshot lol)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

so I edited my main post at top of the thread and added this :

------------------

I am doing presently the Temple part dedicated to the Egyptian Gods :) We all know Ra, Anubis, Horus, Isis.... were extremly important in the egyptian culture.
So I started to make those :)

Temple 01 : <insert god>

----------------

estherhb

This is really exciting! Wonderful looking buildings and ideas.

Glenn

I can visualise a very large cc waterworld map where you create large islands each with their own society.

You could have an egyptian island, a frontier island, the cc pole houses island, and perhaps a druid/celtic/hobbit island.

A multi cultural society all living in harmony.

What you would need however are new trading posts each build to their theme.

Just a thought.

This wip  looks great.

RedKetchup

Just did the Egyptian Small Temple. This one, a smaller version ( 5x5 + 1 for road), will act like a small chapel :
- smaller size (5x5)
- less adepts (40)
- smaller radius (15)

There is the screenshot :)

Edit: BTW i will surely go back at some point to add 'statues' when i ll be rdy to do it.

Lissa_981

For gods you may want to consider adding Bast (home/harth/health goddess) as you already have cat statues Ptah (god of craftmen), usually represented as human rather then animal headed, and Hathor (fertility goddess-- very important diety in Banished lol) typically a cow

Ixwa

RedKetchup! Pure genius!  :o You done it again!  ;D

You and the CC people are the ones that keep fresh replayability in this game.

ThankYoyu, ThankYou, ThankYou, (hugs RedKetchup).

PS.: I love anything about old Egypt (spent 3 years of my life there) - can I please have Nefertiti? (if not, Cleopatra will do)

McLallen

Hi Red

I am a fan of your mods and still a fan of the "sierra-game pharao".
Here a link for fotos of the game: https://www.google.de/search?q=sierra+pharao&newwindow=1&biw=1318&bih=916&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0uNSEnMnKAhUL8RQKHRfpDvEQ_AUIBygC
You can see, there are a lot of different buildings. Many coloured, some of them specialiced.
So what your buildings still need is colour.

joschi

Kristahfer

Really looking forward to this addition.

If I remember correctly they used of gold and precious stones for decoration, bronze for tools and weapons along with copper and later iron. Organized farming with medical texts with diagnosis and treatment of many illnesses. They had a diverse culture with a number of social classes each with their own housing styles and living conditions.

Oh WOW, I am sure looking forward to this addition.

I know it will be fantastic, just like your other work.

RedKetchup

I am extremely happy :)
many people who never participated before or just joined made their 1st post. i am happy because this future mod grabbed your attention and pushed you to post :)

So i wish you a very big WELCOME !!! :)

Yeah this Mod will be great !
Great because it's Egypt but also because i have GREAT NEWS for everyone !!!!!

BlackLiquid(CC) and RedKetchup just agreed to team together to make this mod .... the MOST AWESOME Banished gaming experience :)
Right :) BlackLiquid accepted tonight to join me in the creation of this Mod : Rise of the Pharaoh.

;D  ;D  ;D

----------
about your new comments:

i did those statues because it was a pack i succeeded to find to download. I know CC team have many too :) if still missing some gods/goddess... we will try to find and add :)

i know the building are missing some ... colors. i know. but keep in mind, that arent finished yet. it is just the rough baseline (not even optimized) to work with. we will try to add the most details possible while keeping the file size and computer load as acceptable as possible :)

RedKetchup

i just did a new big Egyptian Market (same size as the actual market (14x14 tiles)

My idea was to make a big Egyptian Temple a dedicated to the commerce and trades (market)
presently the temple is made, the rough version :) just need to add some stalls, boxes, resources, stuff to trade in middle of it. Filling it with life :)

Here's the first screenshot :)

look at it and imagine trades and LIFE in it :)

Gatherer

The market looks great. You could also add smaller stalls all around it to the left and right of each staircase.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Sunndae9000

This is just going to be plain awesome!.

A lot of work, I hope you will get enough support.