News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Funny (?) pictures

Started by Pangaea, September 16, 2015, 02:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Nilla goes for citybuilding. I want to see that. ;D

This suicide in depression seems to be a 'hidden event'. Not coded in the string table. There is only the trader who commit suicide. I will increase this because of the mean Nordic merchants.^^

Gatherer

@Nilla

I already knew what kind of town I wanted to build before I even started looking for a map seed. As I use a plain mod I was looking for a perfect bend in the river that would allow me to create a long artificial island by building Red's canal system. I wanted a big town surrounded by 3-4 smaller towns/villages. And I must say I was extremely lucky with the map seed.

The rest is a lot of pausing and meticulously placing roads and objects in advance and then pausing their construction. You can easily lose several hours in pause mode developing a single district of 30x50 squares. Lots of people like to build as they go and that's fine. It's just not my style.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Discrepancy

When I would make my towns, I like to imagine being there... how would I like the village to look? If I lived in this house, where would I like my barn to be? what deco trees should I plant? an avenue always looks nice for a main road, or alternating tree species every 2nd or 3rd tree.
Leave lots of space. Add lots of clutter... crates, barrels, etc
I've always liked Paeng's idea of building a lot more market stalls and having them lay dormant - just for aesthetics... I still find I don't do this often though.
I'm one of those that Gatherer mentioned who tend to keep placing deco while the game is still playing, then realise too late that I'm about to hit a disaster...

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on November 01, 2016, 11:27:12 PMtend to keep placing deco while the game is still playing, then realise too late that I'm about to hit a disaster...

Hahaha, tell me about it... that point where you think "why_tf are people starving? Oh, 10 years have passed and I did not tend to anything..." Duh!  ;D

Btw - decorative trees... w/o CC I miss ploppable trees (I'd be content with default ones)...  ::)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Nilla

This picture really do fit the headline. Look at the different variation of houses! Have anyone counted how many possibilities there are in the Mega Mod? With sub menus and F-variations? Unbelievable.   :o  I have no idea how I will go on. This will be an adventure!  :-\