News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Question : Newbies here, How do i get trader to trade in my town

Started by Lelenene, July 12, 2019, 10:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lelenene

How do i get trader to trade in my town?, i've built the trader port but nothing comes. :(
also why do banished get crash often when use mods? :-X

MrAbrahms

Apart from building the trading post, you also need a certain population before the trader will come. The trader also won't come if the main river is obstructed.

Lelenene

I've tried load megamods 8 several times, it crash when i tried load it at bigger maps and use cc mods in there. actually i'm just using 2 other mods and it shows that it can be used together with megamods 8, well it still crash. Yeah, it might be my laptop cannot cope with that version. I'll try the old version and modmanager. Thanks for telling.

one more, how to know the mods is compatible with the banished version?
i've banished 1.07 version, and i tried load kidmods - settler. but nothing comes. it just load the original version.

Lelenene

Okay, what number of population that i might need to get trader comes to my town?
if the maps just have 2 giantic lakes, and several river does it considered obstructed?

brads3

when you enabled the mods in game, did you exit the game completely and reload it? the game will reload once itself,YOU MUST EXIT completely and reload after that.this is the most common reason mods cause crashes. it takes a minute for the game to reload, so most forget to reload it manually after.    beyond that much depends on the computer and memory and the mods you use. also make sure you unblock the mod before unzipping it.most mods will need to be unzipped and then just copy the pkm file into the windata folder.

as for the trader did you set it on the main river or a lake without acess to the river? did you give it a year or 2?

RedKetchup

are your trading posts placed on the main river banks ? if it is a lake, does this lake is connected to the main river ?
when you build a trading post also, it can take 12-18 months before first boat arrive.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@Lelenene after you install a mod into your game - and you start the game - on the menu screen where you start a new map, the first thing you must do is go down that menu and hit the one that says Mod.  In there is a list of all mods you have and you must check mark the one you want to use, hit okay, then EXIT the game (important to exit or game will crash later)  Restart the game, start new game, and the mod will be there to play. 

Also best if you only download mods from the 107 mod group - most of the older mods from the 106 group were updated and will work best.  Some old 106 mods are still useable but you would not know which they are and would have problems.

Lelenene

I did exit it after enable the mods...some mods are working...after did it few times...it works... ;D :D
i perfectly understand the explanation. Thanks a lot.

Abandoned

Lelenene

Yeah...i placed it on the main river banks. I didn't expect have to wait for 12-18 months or a year but apparently i've to wait for it.

brads3

o'k, why does the game crash with mods? could be a couple things. do you have the latest update? there was a beta version of the 1.07 you need to check the version number at the bottom of the game screen.this only applies to a few mods. since it sounds like your crash is after you start playing the game, i assume this isn't the problem.

what mods are you using? when is the crash happening? after you build or click on something?  how much RAM do you have? the CC mega mod takes a lot by iitsself before you add more to it. try turning graphic down from the ggame options. use the CC no  smoke,less rain,and no duck mods.these will override some graphics and give that power back.turn off other progams that you arfe not using when running the game. get the MM to run as smooth as possable before adding anything to it. are the bannies skipping or running? can you even run the CC MM for 10yrs without a crash or slowdown? did you double check with the BL site for the compatability mods that might be needed?

after all that, we can look at what mods you are adding and any conflicts.

Abandoned

@brad3 I believe the question has been answered and the problem solved.

Lelenene

Very often crash when i load the megamod 8. i've downloaded cc: new frontier. it play perfectly and don't crash when i tried to load the games. i've updated the latest version of banished. Probably my laptop spec is not good enough to cope the latest mods. i think it crash on build time.

I check it on steamcommunity, lot of people hving same problem as i am.

Nevermind, i've decided not to play megamod8, and might tried the older version. see what if my laptop could load it.

brads3

Quote from: Abandoned on July 13, 2019, 11:57:46 AM
@brad3 I believe the question has been answered and the problem solved.

ABANDONED shoud learn to read there were 2 issues 1 was the trader and the second was a crash.

@Lelenene you can try pulling up the task manager and check the computer performance.do this with the game open.this is 1 reason i haven't used the MM. it is safer to add mods to the CC Journey or other versions.remember the older versions are still 1.06 versions, many items will store based on the old limits. generally this will work but the sotage will be different.

i do recommend adding the compatability 1.07 mod that helps bridge the old items and new flags. so iron ore that is now as mineral stil works with the older blacksmiths. there are a few items like that. if you use a CC building to create something,like cay or sand,use a CC building to process it. if you use a newer mod to create the items,the CC buildings won't use them. the compatabiity mod helps but i i don't think it fixes everything.

the map i am on now, i am using the CC TFA below the RK EC.

Lelenene

@brads3 I've check the performance in task manager, it take a lot in memory..when i load the megamods 8 it takes 100% of memory and my laptop performance became bit laggy. Delete it is better choices for me.

I'm interested to download cc journey and will tried that version. More stable is better.
Thanks a lot for ur concern and recomendation. I will try it with RK EC. ;D :D