News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Smaller Church

Started by Bobbi, August 30, 2014, 10:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

I would like to see a smaller church, a chapel, more in keeping with the small village than major town that is currently in the game. Members would be maybe 50 or 75? Better yet, three sizes 50, 100 and 200. Maybe in more than one design. Any modders interested?

solarscreen

Quote from: Bobbi on August 30, 2014, 10:23:42 AM
I would like to see a smaller church, a chapel, more in keeping with the small village than major town that is currently in the game. Members would be maybe 50 or 75? Better yet, three sizes 50, 100 and 200. Maybe in more than one design. Any modders interested?

Sounds good.  At least a 100 size little country church. 

Which gets me to thinking, maybe there could be a extra large size cathedral that holds 500 also!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Paeng

Yeah, that would be great... the current Church always seems to be a bit out of place, a smaller chapel for the outer rural areas would be cool.

I'd also like it if e.g. a large cathedral was harder to get - like (much) longer time to build... a cathedral should take at least 50 game-years or so to build. I'm not sure if 'build-time' can be set (like it feels to me as if building wells takes much longer than anything else?), if not it would maybe need to be done via lots of materials and laborers... A large cathedral should be hard to get - even if for nothing else but the sense of accomplishment  ;D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

solarscreen

Quote from: Paeng on August 30, 2014, 04:04:47 PM
Yeah, that would be great... the current Church always seems to be a bit out of place, a smaller chapel for the outer rural areas would be cool.

I'd also like it if e.g. a large cathedral was harder to get - like (much) longer time to build... a cathedral should take at least 50 game-years or so to build. I'm not sure if 'build-time' can be set (like it feels to me as if building wells takes much longer than anything else?), if not it would maybe need to be done via lots of materials and laborers... A large cathedral should be hard to get - even if for nothing else but the sense of accomplishment  ;D
If it required 1,000 stone it should take awhile!

graphite

Hi All,

Nice to see were all on the same page with this.

Hopefully Blackwood mods will fill your religious needs, with shrines, chapels, churches and of course Cathedrals.  For a more balanced sense of scale, Cathedrals will have the same footprint as the current chapel, and everything else will be scaled down from that, and they will come in an assortment of denominations ;) Oh, and there will be replacements for the cemetery.

Cheers all.   

solarscreen

Quote from: graphite on August 30, 2014, 05:41:07 PM
Hi All,

Nice to see were all on the same page with this.

Hopefully Blackwood mods will fill your religious needs, with shrines, chapels, churches and of course Cathedrals.  For a more balanced sense of scale, Cathedrals will have the same footprint as the current chapel, and everything else will be scaled down from that, and they will come in an assortment of denominations ;) Oh, and there will be replacements for the cemetery.

Cheers all.

@graphite I'm looking forward to hearing and reading more from you!

Thanks for the info and thanks for joining us here on WOB!

graphite

Hey Solarscreen,

thanks for the warm welcome

rkelly17

I've been hoping for this for a long time. The current chapel is NOT a country church. The basic graphics for a small, wooden chapel already exist in the school. Just add a steeple--not too big. The current chapel works well for town squares and maybe a 400 capacity chapel for the centre of the settlement that takes more materials and more builders.

solarscreen

I would still like to see a cathedral size structure twice as long as the current building and set to hold 500 and requires 5x the amount of material to build.

Bobbi

That would be swell, too, for the bigger towns. But I swear, when I saw the church, I thought: Luke what were you thinking? It is just not the appropriate size for a little village.

graphite

Quote from: solarscreen on August 31, 2014, 09:51:06 AM
I would still like to see a cathedral size structure twice as long as the current building and set to hold 500 and requires 5x the amount of material to build.

perhaps a dumbed down version of Notra Dame would fit the bill :)

RedKetchup

but... the guy the other day who posted a little wood chapel ..... i liked it :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

Who posted a small chapel? Link?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

Is not a mod yet, but nice idea and image.