News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.6 with 3-Story Medieval Houses.

Started by RedKetchup, April 04, 2015, 09:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.6 with 3-Story Medieval Houses.

YAY ! A new build is READY !

This BETA Build includes a full set of New 3-Story Medieval Houses.
- 6 different models for Floor 1.
- 6 different models for Floor 2.
- 6 different models for Floor 3.

total : 216 different possibilities to make an unique 3-story Medieval House. (6x6x6=216) :)

Also in this build : the Majestic Cathedral Wonder has been modified : more bigger, more taller, more costly, more longer and more harder to build :)

Try it NOW !

If you want to participe to the BETA Phase ? ? ? Follow the green Arrow ! ( available on my OneDrive and MegaStorage Accounts ! )

Magic Link will appear once you are logged ON on the forum !!
If you want to download it .... you need to register on our forum ! Once you have done that, the link will appear just below this green arrow :)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

RedKetchup

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.6 with 3-Story Medieval Houses. German version. and also Dutch version

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

irrelevant

chillzz

oh man this makes my eastern happy ;) joyeuses pâques!
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Vulgarian

Results so far:
> game crashes if I just replace the newmedievaltown.pkm file and load a map with any 3-level houses
> on a map with only newmedieval blacksmith and bakery, doing the file swap loaded, but I didn't test (yet) past that point
> attempts to load with both old and new files in the mod folder (changing from within the saved game) resulted in game crashes. I think I figured out why. If the "old" file is called "newmedievaltown.pkm", the newer version uses that name for the menus. (Figured this out through trial and error.) Is it possible to reference the mod file using a variable like "%L" or "%1"? (This would help with the transition between versions.)

Am anyone else experiencing this or are you all starting new maps?

chillzz

@Vulgarian with beta versions you should always start a new game.
however, i had no problems switching from old to new version..
after reading the topic of 0.4 beta, you know the models of first, second and third level house have changed as well as the cathedral .. so removing those houses before switching should work.

Quote from: Vulgarian on April 05, 2015, 07:35:06 AM
> attempts to load with both old and new files in the mod folder (changing from within the saved game) resulted in game crashes. I think I figured out why. If the "old" file is called "newmedievaltown.pkm", the newer version uses that name for the menus. (Figured this out through trial and error.) Is it possible to reference the mod file using a variable like "%L" or "%1"? (This would help with the transition between versions.)
both old & new version?  the mod should always have the same name, so won't work with both versions.

RedKetchup

the cathedral has changed of size but the houses names ? i didnt changed the names. from the begining of the houses i establish a lvl 1 , 2 and 3 even if there was only 1 model of floor 3.
the only thing : all models of all floor have changed (polygons optimizition and switch to appropriated textures names/sizes)

we never know when builds arent compatible :( and we cant forsee it coming for a reason or not.

have you changed anything in your load order ? (before or after CC:EA ?)

EDIT: have you tried to 'destroy' all your residences and make the switch when all the building cost materials are on the ground ?

Vulgarian

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 05, 2015, 08:57:33 AM
have you changed anything in your load order ? (before or after CC:EA ?)

Nope. CC:EA is still below Medieval Town

QuoteEDIT: have you tried to 'destroy' all your residences and make the switch when all the building cost materials are on the ground ?

I guess that's my next step.

chillzz

@RedKetchup new version works like a charm :)
Installed a new copy on my laptop to test all the translations as well.  perfect :D
some strings are a bit too long in the mod window, but thats something we can't fix i assume.

now back to English version... the Banished main translation Dutch does make my brain hurt.

rkelly17

Oh, man. After two weeks of gorging myself on Cities: Skylines the siren song of @RedKetchup is calling me back to Banished!

assobanana76

awesome Red!!!! thanks!!! soooooooo beautiful!!!
so.. considered the crash if I don't demolish before all the house built..
can u considered closed the chapter of housing and u pass at other things?
because I must demolish 6 house at sixth year.. pratically all the base house for the initial families..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

@assobanana76  :  do a save, do a back up also of your old beta NMT and then try to log in with new beta.

should everything work fine.

if a problem, you will know right away.
then you will need to put back your save, and your old beta and then, demolish the houses.

no need to destroy if you dont have any problem.

@rkelly17  : haha lovely !!