News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Raw material processing in the game.

Started by RedKetchup, April 09, 2015, 05:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i was wondering tonight if some people would be for a little (or big ^^) change ?
it would be about the raw material that we are gathering on the ground, on the map, in order to process them.

logs => Sawmill => 2X wood
Raw Stone => Stone Cutter => 2X stone
Raw iron => foundry => 2X iron

some buildings would keep the very basic raw piece as building materials (like woodhouse, pastures, sawmill, forester....) but most advanced (like all my building and maybe some of the advanced building of the game like townhall, hospital....) would use the processed materials like planks of wood, cut stones and iron bars.

it can add some challenge but without hurting too much the begining of a game like example: to build the first houses (like wood house), profession/food (gatherer, forester,woodcutter.... ).
by processing it, also, it would double the amount of raw material gained by clearing the map and by processing it.... it can be a good alternative to make less mines and less quarry (or trade less)

i dunno, i think can be fun overall.

what you people think about that idea ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

gerns

sounds good as long as i can use your log cabin to start game.which would be the normal beginning in the woods.in my world the town/city changes as new tech's arrive.I LOVE YOUR IDEA, KEEP THIS UP AND I WILL DITCH CC: ALL TOGETHER.as it is i have it on the bottom.

Nilla

Sorry, I am the only one not really enthusiastic about this mod. One simple reason. I don't really like mods, that makes the game easier. Building materials, especially stone is always a problem at the start, but I like it that way! You must concider carefully what you build. For me, that's one of the things that makes Banished such an interesting game.

However.......

In combination to your Medeaval buildings, it might have a purpose: All these great buildings you've made, make the game to a real "city builder". And if your main purpose is to design and build a beautiful settlement, than you don't want to concider carfully. You want to build. And in such a case; these buildings would be great.

rkelly17

I guess I'm a stubborn old fart; for myself I like the logs, stone, iron the way they are. But I'm not opposed to others having fun in their own way. If you decide to go ahead with this mod would it be possible to have two versions of Medieval, one with and one without sawmills, foundries and stone masons?

chillzz

i think i was the first to vote on this one earlier today.
Interesting to see it's almost a tie between stand alone and including (at the moment)

I for one would love the idea, just like CC has introduced a lot of interesting things. however, mix n' match mods to a players liking / game style is more important for me (and i guess a lot of other players as well) then a complete package / overhaul mod like CC is now.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Chon Waen

I love the idea, personally. At the same time, I wholeheartedly agree with separation of new resources from the main body. If its done that way, I'm all for it.
On a game mechanic note: Is it even possible to create a structure that takes an input and generates more of that same resource as an output?  If not, you would have to create two entirely separate u/i trees to accomplish this. That sounds kinda messy to me.

Gatherer

I voted for a standalone mod. Sure it's nice to have extra stone at the beginning but I already use many mods that give more resource per rock, log,...
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

seems poeple would like to see that done :)

a bit more than half of the votes is as stand alone, the other half as a NMT version ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Brathaehnchen

I have decided to stand alone.
So I can look at the mod and then decide if I want to play with it or not.