News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

wooden building -" butcher"

Started by taniu, January 12, 2017, 05:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taniu

There are many wooden houses, but no wooden building - "The Butcher", which fits into a small wooden village. There is only a brick butcher of NMT. Please, I beg anyone can support my project and create a small simple wooden building - the butcher? I can not design,  I'm too old, and one more thing - if someone makes a small butchers building can add chicken?
Building a butcher might like the style "type of Saxon building" or "Plimoth Plantation" or other wooden style.
http://www.brillmusica.com/Other_Areas/Suffolk_Essex/23West_Stow_Anglo_Saxon_Village/index.html
http://www.enjoy-irish-culture.com/Ireland-Heritage-Craggaunowen.html
http://dragon-orb.deviantart.com/gallery/4825606/plimoth-plantation

Discrepancy

I will make a Butcher for DS Small Village.

Like you requested on my website :)
Quote"kidneys ,-tongue, liver heart ,chicken breast and legs ,beefsteak, pork/beef/veal/lamb neck ,ribs
2. sausages;ham, loin, pâté ,liver pate, salami ,tatar ,black pudding, gammon, thin sausages, hunter sausage"

maybe not all of these, but some.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

taniu

I'm very happy, my heart is very grateful that the mod butcher will be added to the "villages DS." I watch a lot of programs about   Canada, Alaska, etc. and that is why I came up with the idea to add a few new products from hunted or breeding  animal - offal and meat: the quote above added. It would be nice to have some meat products - a variety of sausage added to the mod "NMT".  :)thank you

chillzz

hmm there was a pigs / butcher mod.. something with eextra .
i think it was added to one of the earliest Colonial Chapters.

and yes the butcher in NMT is fabulous !

*edit*
found it, it's called ExtraExile by Gixen http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/622-ExtraExile-The-butch-version

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

taniu

I know about mods "Extra Exile" - the pigs are connected to the butcher the error in the game - I tried the same thing with mods "SJGL-Hogs" is the same error. You can only play the "MegaMod" or "CC". That's not what I meant.
That's why I play the butcher of NMT - is great, but supports: cows, sheep and deer - but does not fit the wooden houses. Tests with other mods for games: The North, NMT, DS Small willage, Plimoth Plantation, Maritimes. Mini buildings - there is no conflict in the game, because there are no pigs. So again please mod - the idea of quartering meat gave me a TV programme  , Alaska  for example - where elk hunter divided into cuts of meat and offal: heart, liver, kidneys, tongue - [delicacy].
Is it possible to add even offal - To add chicken parts; breasts, legs, wings? Small wooden butcher? Please do not give up my idea. thank you

taniu

The second idea: a small dugout, where the hunter or butcher divided into portions of meat. Mods "Tree House" and "Mother Tree" - Dugout fit into the forest. Internet I found this:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Dugouts_(shelter)
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziemianka
I can not upload images to the forum - please help in this topic.
Thank you

taniu

Perhaps my ideas are too difficult to include them in the mods - I'm sorry. But on the "WOB"and "Black Liquid" there are a lot of talented moderators, who created many great mods to "Banished" Thanks a lot

Discrepancy

:) be patient.

DS Small Village v2 will have a butcher/s.
I haven't made the models yet, but did most of the code today.... then decided to scrap it. Why? because I don't want to just make a butcher that would create more, or create a higher value product.

So a discussion is in order.

There is an idea I have, but it would mean I would be altering the game-play in such a way that it would become - 1. incompatible with most mods, 2. very difficult to feed the citizens.

First off, a question.
Is a citizen eating 100 items of food?
or are they eating 100 in weight of food?

As it is now, we must assume that the Hunters and Herdsman are killing the animals and then butchering them right there to create the 160-200 Beef/Mutton/Venison or 4-6 Chicken per animal.

So as I said, I could just take 1 beef and make 1-2 cuts from it, or
I could take 20 beef and make a variety of cuts from it, some adding value, others not - this version would act in a similar fashion to how the fishmonger is supposed to work (if the idea below doesn't work, I will resort to this).

But what if the hunter and herdsman no longer butchered the animal? and when the animal dies, a single resource is spawned: beef carcass, sheep carcass etc. it would be a protein, inedible and would need to be cut into the 'primal-cuts' before the citizens could eat it.
This is where my question comes in 'Is a citizen eating 100 items of food? or are they eating 100 in weight of food?' if it is the first, this might not work very well and maybe be too difficult. if the second is correct, It would still be a challenge, but manageable for most players. The Primal cuts would be edible and weigh more, hopefully supplying a citizen with enough protein for 3-6 months. This could also be further 'butchered' into smaller cuts (less weight and slight gain) and other particular 'butcher' foods.

Thoughts?

elemental

I don't know if they eat 100 weight or 100 items but whatever you end up doing I really would like to see DSSV continue to be compatible with other mods. I would guess that most players use more than one mod at a time, and many players probably use all of the major mods at the same time.

I use CC and the inedible meat mods. Those mods do what you are suggesting - they make beef, mutton, venison, etc inedible so that the CC butchers can process the meat into food. In other words they stop the villagers from dragging home a sheep carcass for dinner. I like that system. I think it's more realistic. I hope that your butchers will be compatible with that.

RedKetchup

they eat 100 items of food, not the weight, not the value.

i just did tonight a retexturing of my NMT butcher :(
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1420.0

but @Discrepancy , you still can add your own design and your own system :) to your awesome DS Village :)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

awesome :) redketchup,

and thanks for the answer.

So that will mean I will go back to my original system (and code - now off the scrap heap) for the butcher.

Abandoned

Glad you are scrapping 2nd idea with carcass.  Sound to me that would make small and mountain maps with few spare workers pretty much unplayable and thus limit the number of players wanting to use the mod, I for one.

taniu

I do not know anything about creating mods, I see that the mods is very difficult to create, but I have a question: "DS small village v 2 will have a butcher / s can other products ham, sausage, other dishes?I did not know that in this case you need a lot of mathematical calculations, sorry for the inconvenience, I know now that people can eat only 100 products?