News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Henega, Frontier Town

Started by g_BonE77, September 29, 2019, 03:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g_BonE77

Hi and welcome to Henega, a little settlement in the arid and unforgiving desert. It took a while to get a satisfactory mod list together and this time it's all without Colonial Charter as well. Let's see how this works out.

(1) game start
(2) zoomed out
(3) mod list
~ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse ~

g_BonE77

Already a few years in. All seem to go along smoothly.

(1) year 1
(2) year 5
(3) year 5
(4) year 7

g_BonE77

So... i ran into a few crashes probably related to flax incompatibility? In anyway, i modified the mod list once anagain and restarted the game with a new map. This game has been going really well and i'm quite proud of the humble beginnings to the currently well off situation of the town. Thanks to @kid1293 's outstanding The Mission which really fits perfectly into the setting and @RedKetchup 's GardenWallUtilitites i also have some color and green in the arid desert. It's splendid.

(1) modified mod-list
(2) woodcutter
(3) old industrial and farming area
(4) first mission setup
(5) NMT canal
(6) reorganized a litle bit
(7) new traders
(8) bird's eye. loving the green

Abandoned

@g_BonE77 Your crashes are due to RK Garden Wall Utility - it is an old 106 mod and the flags are not the same, using it will cause problems.  That mod was not updated. 

kid1293

I made this for Abandoned when she was using Garden Wall Utility with mods with new flags.
It was the fertilizer that was the problem. It did not get used or stored.
If you encounter problems with the old mod and fertilizer, try this.

Place it just before Garden Wall Utility in your modlist.

g_BonE77

Hi and thanks for looking into that. It seems like @RedKetchup has updated a few of his older mods to 1.0.7 (with the new flags) including GardenWallUtilitites. See here: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=240

So i guess the crashes were related to either NewFloraEdit or NatDiv, i even tried the FlaxPatch but no joy. Ended up disabling both for this game.

brads3

various mods can add flax so you have ultiple flax in the inventory. they don't usually cause crashes just conflicts as to which building uses what flax.what did you build or send workers to do just before the crash?

Abandoned

@g_BonE77   yes, V2 107 Garden Walls Utility is the version I used, it is update from 106, but the patch is still needed because Red changed the fertilizer flag after that update, so it still maybe what is causing your crash.

If I am not mistaken, the flag for RK livestock fertilizer is different flag than Garden Walls Utility fertilizer - conflict.

g_BonE77

Thanks @kid1293 and @Abandoned ,patch added as per recommendation of Yours truly. In this game the crashes ceased after disabling both NewFlora and NatDiv as stated above. Oddly enough they happened repeatedly when clicking on one of the @kid1293 WestwardHo RoadHouse wagons. Went through the whole mod-list chebang trying to find which one would cause this. At the same time i also found out about the GardenWallUtility mod and added it for the "lush desert" Project. Will post a few more screenshots later.

kid1293

Hi.
So the crashes disappeared after disabling NewFlora and NatDiv?
I have used NewFlora for a long time. I do not know what can have caused it.
Fine if it is okay. Else I have to check code again.

Abandoned

@g_BonE77 and @kid1293 I see in the above mod list there are both New Flora with Gatherer and New Flora edit.   Both are disable but just a note that they should not be used at the same time.

In my first Wagon Train series (see stories #25-#31) I used New Flora with Gatherer and Kid Westward Ho (full) together with no problem.  Kid Westward Ho has the branches included so I did not use NewFloraEdit which has the branches also.  I have used both New Floras many times with no problem (but not with NatDiv or NatDivLight)

Also note if using Kid Westward Ho with prairie start (grass/thatch) you should probably not use Garden Walls Utility (grass/thatch), Use Westward Ho wagons which has no grass or spawners. My guess is crash was caused by combination not any one mod.

Edit - correction I used original NewFlora with Natural Diversity (full) in Meadowbrook story #15 and had a problem with the 2 used together, with NatDiv before NewFlora I got no NewFlora items spawned but with NewFlora before NatDiv I got no NatDiv branches - NatDiv has branches which maybe in conflict with Westward Ho branches.

g_BonE77

@kid1293 or @Abandoned could You enlighten me on the differences of all those multiple NewFlora versions? It seems like there are a plethora of different versions circulating: NewFlora, NewFloraGatherer, NewFloraEdit. Also which one is the "correct" load order when used with NatDiv? Supposedly there are other (newer?) NatDiv versions as well. It's slightly confusing.

kid1293

New Flora Edit is my contribution to tany's mod. I removed the buildings and kept only
the spawned forest resources - wild oat, rosehips, flax, and wild honey. I added RK's
fallen branches because they are good to have. I simplified the collect buttons.

Edit - This way it only touches the NaturalResourceTree-file and only the spawn paragraph within it.
It is good and compatible. The problem is the flax  :( We have 3-4 different flax.

Many of my mods use New Flora resources. (gatherer, tailor, mill...)

I do not know much about NatDiv. I have used it long ago but I actually only wanted the grass.

brads3

the NatDiv uses a different grass texture than the fodder grass. the NatDiv2 expanded the uses of the grass but it takes a higb power computer to function. there are a lot of graphic changes that slow most computers down. RED has taken the NatDiv and used it in the RKEChe changed the grass texture to fodder and added more gathering plants.

since the grass is different and the way the game reads the start coding, you can not use the NatDiv with any mod that uses fodder grass or adds more animals. we have to choose which grass we want and if we want just deer or more wild animals.different starts cancel the NatDiv mod.   

g_BonE77

Impressions of year 31 and later, the desert was seeded with grass and flowers around the mission compound. A lot of food is produced and all the barns and storages are overflowing, i Need to cut down on production soon. A mining and toolmaking complex was added as well.

(1) raw materials and farms storage before restructure
(2) the mission and the new pottery maker
(3) trading docks
(4) food making area
(5) animals galore
(6) mission birdseye
(7) farms restructured
(8) mission birdseye too