News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Refugee Camp - Story #10

Started by Abandoned, February 15, 2017, 07:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Couldn't resist a thank you for all these stories!

The sign is under 'Services' menu

brads3

you should add a pot smoker near that sign and some fairydust too.lol

kid1293

Abandoned

:) oh @kid1293 thank you, I love the sign.

@brads3 I need a magic portal so these little expedition people don't have to keep dragging the horseless wagons all over the map LOL  My head is spinning with ideas where to go next.   :-\

Abandoned

kid1293

it's the pot smoker taking a turn to the worse trying to photograph himself sitting by the sign.  :o ::) :- :-\ 8)

;D ;D ;D

seriously - why not test a map with lot of lakes and Discrepancy's and Necora's jetties and buildings.

Abandoned

There's a thought.  I liked Discrepancy's fishing bridge piece I used before, didn't get much of the jetty built.  Necora's buildings look wonderful, dying to try them.  I still have not tried NMT, Tequila, or Fountain High Society but I'm not sure I should try that one, from what I've read, there were some problems with it.  I don't think I've fully recovered from almost losing my main character, the storyteller, in the Animal Refuge story LOL. Really, what would I do?  I need a ghost!

kid1293

A ghost? Haven't seen any.

But I tested with water and got what I wanted.
Check this out. Incompatible with other terrain modifiers.
Load at top so you sure get the lake.

Abandoned

ok, got it.  I will see what I can do. Will have to give it some thought, that takes awhile.

QueryEverything

@kid1293 that's a lovely sign, you've done very sweet things for us all.  Wonderful.  :)

I wonder, (and not to take anyone elses gift, this is just a "throw it out there idea"), what about a little mod where community members have their fave town names put onto signs, and those of us who would like to, can use the mod, and create a little "cross roads", or similar with signposts to our 'neighbours'...  a tribute (if you will) to our other Banished family?
It would be entirely voluntary, and members who would like to be involved and register their names / towns in a dedicated thread so we don't run over @Abandoned 's story here.

Near the edge of map settlement, a sign post with "Thank you for Visiting, please come again" and a matching "You are now leaving Home, RandomVille in 20 banni steps ". 

Back to the story, intermission shenanigans are over ....
Carry on Narrator :) 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

kid1293

About the story - it had no real ending... You kind of ended abruptly.
It seemed like a mission that should take longer than you told us.
Don't take the criticism as bad. :)
I love ALL of your stories!

Here is a small addition to the next story (if it will be near water).

Abandoned

@kid1293 thanks, absolutely love the birch bark canoe.  Sorry story ending wasn't clear, always end with final words to weary traveler.  It was a short story, there really was no where else to go with it, didn't think survivors would still be out there after 10 years, but one never knows.  :)

Anyways, next story definitely near water, the big lake map looks good.  My mod list is a mess, lots of red warnings, just downloaded some updated mods, have to reselect.   What I really need to do is take this laptop to my desktop and make a new mod list spreadsheet with version numbers and notes on what is in what mods.   Also have to rethink starting storyline.  But it won't be today, want to be outside.

We've been having record warm weather in February, today to be all time record of 70 degrees or more in February.  Nice for us people but very bad for plants and trees, especially fruit trees.  Climate change very bad, floods out west, snowstorms in the east, tornados down south.  We have winter storm warnings out for Friday and Saturday, so sounds like a desktop day to me.  Still haven't played banished with disasters On, don't know if I want to!

kid1293

Quote from: Abandoned on February 22, 2017, 06:58:29 AM
@kid1293Still haven't played banished with disasters On, don't know if I want to!

Hehe, I did. Until the first tornado.  >:(

brads3

the indians stole your canoe but they came back and said now they want teepees and better longhouses. they say the bison leather makes the best teepees.