News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Long time no see! Hello Friends!

Started by MarkAnthony, July 31, 2020, 03:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Hello everyone. Good morning!  :)

I've been gone from this great website and this great game for a while now; I think the last time I was active was maybe January or February of this year. Things have changed for the better for me during my time away. I am glad to say to those of you who remember me and how very active I was here in the forums that I am planning on playing Banished again and seeing my friends here in the forums too. I have also introduced my girlfriend to Banished for the first time last night  :P . I got her started without mods and I convinced her to play her first game on the Hard difficulty as well. I'll bring her into mods eventually after I think she has learned the gist of it. I also need to get re-familiar with the game as well since I haven't played in several months so I too am playing right now without my wonderful mod collection. I cannot wait to see what great new mods have been worked on and created since my departure but I won't go peeking around until I am ready to go that route again.

To those of you I have never met, Greetings to you and to all those I had forum-friendships with I hope things are going well for you and with all of "this" going on in the world right now I hope you and your families were able to stay safe and healthy. I wish nothing but the best for all of you. I'll be seeing you soon and I'll begin lurking here in time to come.

~Mark Anthony
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

glad to see you back. has been way too quiet here for too long. we have many lurkers. some of the players have checked in off and on. we did hear from RED recently. with the outbreak, it is good to hear  from them all. the Nordic players haven't checked in lately which is a concern due to where they are.

angainor88

Gatherer

Welcome back to this great website and to this great game!
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

Nice to see you back @MarkAnthony  :)  It has been quiet.  Lots of new mods to play with.  :)

Check out Kid Forest Haven with tree houses and rope bridges, More Havens and Summer Havens too

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=590

kid1293

Who is back? Mark!
I remember people (very blue-eyed) asking you a question and you almost
started a new thread to answer ;D Fun to have you back! :)

MarkAnthony

It's good to see familiar names here still; I'm glad you're all still around.

I guess I was mistaken about how long I've been gone. I thought it was since January or February but looking back at a previous post I did I popped in to say hello in November, so I guess I stopped playing in October some time. Time flies as they say.  8)

See you soon.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

catty-cb

irrelevant

Hey, Mark!

I'm still playing occasionally, but doing nothing ground-breaking or even particularly interesting. Also, once again I am unable to post from home, and I no longer remember what I figured out to do in order to work around the issue.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: irrelevant on August 05, 2020, 08:56:33 AM
Hey, Mark!

I'm still playing occasionally, but doing nothing ground-breaking or even particularly interesting. Also, once again I am unable to post from home, and I no longer remember what I figured out to do in order to work around the issue.
Hi @irrelevant , @RedKetchup @kid1293 It's wonderful to see you are all popping in once in a while still. Sorry about your issue @irrelevant . Do you mean to say you are only able to reply from a work computer or your cell phone? I hope you get it figured out soon. I am without internet myself right now while in the process of changing providers so I am stuck having to post via my cell phone. I abhor using a web browser on a cell phone!

So because I am stuck trying to use this site on a cell phone I was hoping you all can forgive a little bit of laziness on my end. I was wondering what the biggest changes were since I left back in October 2019. I'm not talking about individual mod updates necessarily for I will hunt those down when I get my home internet back online but when I last left I recall @kid1293 was working on his 2019 Christmas pack, @Discrepancy was still working on his DS Industry & Mining trying to tweak the happiness system more to his liking; @RedKetchup was adding new profession buildings to his Rise of the Pharaoh set and @Nilla was testing @Tom Sawyer 's newest North beta. What has come of all of these if you don't mind giving me the "Cliff's Notes" version? Did @Discrepancy achieve his goal for DS Industry & Mining? Did @RedKetchup get his Rise of the Pharaoh set to a point of completion like his RK Editor's Choice editions? Did @Tom Sawyer issue a release version or public beta version of his new "North'?

I'm really curious!   :P   Thanks!

brads3

many have been MIA. the North work goes on i guess on TOM's site.haven't checked it. i did some maps with the DS IND. am working now to build the Thompson TP's. the IND functions with my order decently. only big hangup is if churches get crowded,there is a work strike.

brads3

no big changes. KID and ABANDONED continue working on adding mods. with the lockdowns i did think we would pick up and been busier,but has not been that way. there are many new players who have came by.otherwise it has been quiet.

MarkAnthony

Hi @brads3   Okay thanks for the update. I hope you are well and I am glad to see you are still here too. I missed all of you guys, you were all very nice to me and welcoming!

As to my question above, I did see that @Tom Sawyer released his North 7.1.2 Boglands edition and I have that downloaded already.

On hurdle I am not looking forward to is digging into my mod collection again; what I mean is that because I have been gone from the game for a long while I have forgotten which mods play well together when mixed and matched - more specifically when using ModMan. The one saving grace is that my ModMan collection is still sorted based on how I last used my mods and they are separated pretty much in the order they need to be in such as "mod A" needs to be above "mod B" when using them both together and etc. I don't have anywhere close to the memory you have of what works with what like you did but what I learned in those months of playing - I have now forgotten. My memory just isn't what it used to be. So I am going to have to relearn this all over again to some degree.

brads3

memory? shhh. i like keeping the order fairly stable cause i can't remember them all.there is my write up on organizing mod orders under the tip pages. and keep notes. if gremlins eat them, you will really be lost.been there