News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Colonial City Center - WIP?

Started by kid1293, September 26, 2020, 10:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Hi.
I followed the discussion between @brads3  and @Gatherer about commercial buildings as homes.
@Abandoned  also made a request and we discussed textures, among other things.

I have made them before, in my Wild West mods. This time I try to make them colonial.

Disclaimer!!
I have experimented and very soon got bored of doing rowhouses. All of these new houses
are NOT the same width or the same height. Maybe I did wrong but I can not find it in
me to start over. I am sure you want more but for now, you get them as they are.

In the picture, you see one of each. All buildings have 4 f-key texture variants.
They are all 5-person residences except for General Store which is a market.
There are 2 stone buildings and the rest are wood.

Check further down for updated version

brads3

they look very good. i don't think all buildings need to be the same to work together. even as row houses,many times people built a tad different. if 2 people built the same,the 3rd came along and built between but with his own ideas. these make good fillers for city areas without just looking like houses. very much appreciated. those textures are fine. if you decide to add more, you can use the colonial textures from that mod too.

from what i can see, you and Abandoned's indian pieces look good too.

ideas- a horse stable that works as a blacksmith. a wagon shop.ice house,stove or households shop, an enteraintment building like a theatre or music hall. could function as a townhall or church. similar to the meeting hall but longer so not square without the bell tower.darker textured.another linen shop to use the flax from the wild west garden. i do wish we had more buidlings that function as a church happiness but aren't churches like you did the jail. a produce shop as a house but looks like a produce stand in the front. many times people did sell stuff in part of the house and live in the back or 2nd floor. stage coach.

Nilla

I haven´t followed every thread lately but do I understand it right that these buildings (except the general store) are normal houses they just look like a store but don´t have another function than any other house. If it´s that way, it´s not a bad idea. They all look nice and I fully agree with Brad, different size, different look is just fine. :)

MarkAnthony

Those look great Kid!

I always look forward to what you're gonna put out next; keep up the good work please.   ;D
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

galensgranny

Kid, I am glad you made these houses disguised as businesses.  I like that they are not all the same width and height.  That is often how it is in real life small town main street shopping sections.

Freedom

I echo the above comments that they don't have to (should not) be all the same.  Very happy with the Wild West versions too. Much appreciated!

Artfactial

They look great, thanks for these!:)
Yes, colonial building styles were very much personal taste and families building extensions onto their homes as they saw fit.
I also like these fonts you chose for the signs, they fit nicely.
Also, I really like those redbricks on the post office, any chance you can do those the rectangular roof tiling like the rest instead of diamond shaped?:)

kid1293

Hi @Artfactial
I tried another texture, more like the others.
I also made a Town Hall. Shown with the new roof in the picture.

I will continue to work off and on with this mod. I will take my breaks...

Artfactial

I love it! It's a great style, thank you. Looking forward to what else you come up with.:)
Breaks are very healthy, take your time.

brads3

breaks are good. you come up with new ideas then. and keep us in suspence at what is next. looks really good.

galensgranny

That town hall is a very nice looking building!  I really like those particular bricks.

kid1293

Here is a Food Market.

It also shows another texture.

@Abandoned reminded me that @Gatherer wanted some markets.
I'll see what I can do.

Gatherer

Yeah, I wanted some markets that look like regular houses. I'm very much fond of Necora's Sherbrooke Market because to me it looks like a country house but can be built either in small wooden villages or large stone towns.
Here it is with white walls and grey roof.

A group of markets of different styles (not just colonial) that would fit many mods would be supergreat. Any chance of a rowhouse market for the Rowhouses Business mod?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

@Gatherer The food market pictured in the post before yours comes in four stone textures, one is vanilla stone.  The general store in the first picture of the post comes in 3 other wood textures - 2 are Kid Colonial textures and 2 are Kid Workplace Village textures which match many of Kid's mods.  There is one more market being added.

edit - there are 2 roofs that match with Kid Rowhouse mod

taniu

@kid1293  :D I like Colonial City Center - different textures, I like small houses. Geetings