News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Farmstand updated with 1.1 version

Started by RedKetchup, March 22, 2019, 02:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

the number of download before was 29. it is now at 36 download. that mean only 7 persons downloaded the correct version.
(the 37th person is me who double verified)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Jinxiewinxie

donwolfkonecny

Quote from: Abandoned on March 23, 2019, 01:34:15 PM
Downloading corrected version Mr. @RedKetchup  :) thank you very much.  I don't use markets too often, sometimes build just as storage unit without the worker.  This is very nice looking little market.  :)

Hi Abandoned, I think you might be confusing Markets with Warehouse. This is a tiny market for food and supplies that the bannies are able to take from. I just wanted to point that out in case you didn't plan on using it. You might find it useful as a market for fisherpeople or forest clusters or something remote from town center.

Abandoned

Thank you @donwolfkonecny , I am aware of the difference between markets and warehouses.  Both have workers who will stock them with items (warehouses you select items)  Warehouses bannies can not take items from.  Markets do not need a worker - a worker will stock it if worker is assigned but if worker is not assigned bannies will use it as if it were a storage unit and but items in it or take items from it.  :)

donwolfkonecny

So do you really mean a marketplace without a worker, does that work for you? I find they don't get the balance of food. I suppose if you put a crop, orchard, livestock, and grain near a storage area, houses that grabbed from it would get the four groups. But then ya gotta worry about clothing and tool, do you just let them walk further to get those?
I've never been able to have a market or barn properly supplied without a vendor, I'd like to see the layout that allows that. Pics?

Question, do we know, if a bannie lives near barn A, which has meat veg and fruit but no protein, and barn B is further away and has all food groups, and then the bannie goes on a food supply run, I think the rule is they go to the market, or if no market then the closest food storage true? Well if it's two barns, will they go to the closest and miss out on protein and go unhealthy? Or will they go further to get the missing food?
Also, if they go to "market or if none then closest", is that closest to their house or closest to the bannie when they decide to go for food?

And lastly do we know the rule for who becomes a worker? If I have 2 laborers and I assign a new farmer, is it the laborer closest to the farm? or the longest unassigned, or random? I ask because I'm trying to micromanage and it would help if I knew who was going to become the next hire.

Nilla

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on March 23, 2019, 11:39:05 PM

Question, do we know, if a bannie lives near barn A, which has meat veg and fruit but no protein, and barn B is further away and has all food groups, and then the bannie goes on a food supply run, I think the rule is they go to the market, or if no market then the closest food storage true? Well if it's two barns, will they go to the closest and miss out on protein and go unhealthy? Or will they go further to get the missing food?
Also, if they go to "market or if none then closest", is that closest to their house or closest to the bannie when they decide to go for food?

And lastly do we know the rule for who becomes a worker? If I have 2 laborers and I assign a new farmer, is it the laborer closest to the farm? or the longest unassigned, or random? I ask because I'm trying to micromanage and it would help if I knew who was going to become the next hire.

I have looked a lot on how the Bannis behave on this. As far as I know; they go to the closest PLACE that holds any kind of food; market or barn. They´ll rarely use the market if there´s a barn with food closer. They don´t care one bit about diversity when it comes to choosing where they get their food.  On the other hand, they do care about diversity when it comes to putting "stuff" in barns. If you look carefully, you may find things produced far away. So if you have good food production, not too many and not too few barns, there´s a good chance that all barns contain a variety of food and you have a healthy population also without markets.

I think they go to the place that´s nearest where they are when the house needs to refill.

As far as I know, the closest labourer is chosen to the new site. From time to time (I`m not sure but I think once every month) the jobs are reassigned to minimize the total walking distances. I´ve also looked a lot into this and it´s not always possible to understand how it´s done. There is some priority, builders have high priority and do mess things up. In any case, there´s not much you can do about it and it will not help you much to know who is assigned in the first place; soon it will probably be different anyhow. You can only build houses and workplaces close to each other and hope for the best.

Abandoned

@donwolfkonecny Yes, it works for me to use a market without a vendor.  I mostly use small maps and food production itself is pretty well distributed around the map and wild foods gathered in each direction.  I mostly build barns and have small shed scattered around the map.  I rarely build a market because I found one market will cause shortages in other areas of the map, in most cases you need multiple markets and vendors.  I rarely have workers to spare for the job.  Some markets are very decorative and look nice in a location, I may assign vendor briefly to collected items I find that is not often necessary either.  I rarely have health or happiness issues, as long as I have grain.

I find that bannies do change jobs quite often however I also find that my starting educated workers will remain in their first homes for the whole time the map is played and remain working in the jobs closest to them.  I build by first blacksmith and tailor close to those beginning house and smith and tailor have an educated worker all or most of the time.  :)

LdyMiska

Hello RK, me again :)

I was wondering if you could update this little Farmstand for use with RKEC 1.3.1? I find that it is Conflicting with RKEC 1.3.1 FULL.

I found out the 'small vendor buildings' mod was 'very old' from reading through a thread here and then found this little Farmstand of yours.

I removed all traces of the old 'small vendor buildings' mod Out of my game before saving/exiting (the builders were not happy having to demolish buildings in cold/snowy weather -haha), then I installed your Farmstand, restarted and found it was Conflicting.

I do hope this Farmstand can be updated because I just recently installed RKEC 1.3.1 and LOVE IT, but I also love having a little Farmstand and actually NEED it, well my villagers do.  :-[

Please let me know if it's possible to Update this for RKEC 1.3.1, otherwise I will need to try and find an alternative. :<

Many Thanks in Advance,  ;)

~Miska

brads3

may i ask what conflict you are having with the market? it should be able to stock basic supplies regardless. that is unless RED did include a small stand with the RKEC. i'm currently using a LITE version.

RedKetchup

i think the small stand is included in RKEC but i can be wrong, i need to verify

EDIT:

nan it is a small Ale Stand which is inside rkec.

the thing i cannot compile anything. but i can try.

RedKetchup

i was checking the template of this building....

the stand sells:
   RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Grain | Vegetable | fruit | Protein | Fuel | Tool | Health | Clothing;

it sells all food, firewood, tools, herbs and coats. All the basic citizens need, nothing more. it doesnt search to supply industries.
what else it should sell to compare the other market ? what is missing ?

Make sure to place this mod below RKEC.

LdyMiska

Hi RK, me again :)

Just so you know, I had your RK Farmstand right below RKEC 1.3.1.

To be clear, I am not talking about the Ale Stand in RKEC, but the Farmstand that you posted and I downloaded HERE:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=547

I was attempting to replace the farm stand I have been using for ages that you made for Elfecutioner (after reading in a post somewhere here that the farm stand you made for Elf was 'very old') even though is was NOT Conflicting with RKEC 1.3.1.

Here are some ScreenShots I've taken of the Conflict Window, so you can see:

Hope the ScreenShots Help! :)

Many Thanks Again. :)

~Miska

EDIT: I forgot to add one screenshot!  ::)

Voeille

Most of the conflicts you see on the mod list are actually just shared resources and are harmless. For example, RKEC has various buildings under the RK toolbar in the game, and if the stand also uses that toolbar, the mods will show as conflicting, because they both need to include the same files for the toolbar. You can notice these kinds of conflicts in many mods that share resources, for example a sawmill from RKEC wouid show as confliciting with a sawmill from one of Kid's mods because they both share lumber files. In the game they both work with no issues.

Mods are loaded in order from the top to the bottom of the list. One important thing to remember about mods in Banished, which might be a bit different to other games, is that if mod A at the top of the list has resource X, and mod B further down also has resource X, the version of resource X loaded in the game will be from mod A, and no further mod can overwrite it. For example, I load DS Lumber Mill higher in the list than other mods that add lumber, because I like the stockpile model for lumber from that mod best. So because of how the load order works in Banished, DS lumber model is not overwritten by any subsequent mods and any mod that produces lumber uses DS model, because it was loaded first.

If all files of the stand conflict, then they are included in RKEC, but perhaps the stand wasn't added to the toolbar so you can't build it in game (I don't remember at the moment). But they are likely the same files.

LdyMiska

Thank You Voeille, this is good to know. :)

So I'm guessing that it will be 'safe' to use the RK Farmstand and will move forward the play with it.

I'm usually not this paranoid, but I've had crazy issues since returning to Banished after a break from playing. When I returned, I decided to do so on Steam, but it seemed to me that Steam caused issues with Banished (many crashes), so I decided to return to playing on my Standalone version; which seems to be much more stable all around than the Steam version for some reason.

In any case, Thank You Again for the Clarification; much appreciated. ;)

~Miska

RedKetchup