News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

City Roads [ a little project ]

Started by RedKetchup, July 31, 2016, 02:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Impressive Mr. Red!!! You Sir are a genius.

Quote from: Nilla on August 01, 2016, 04:41:01 AM
I also think, it's a good idea to offer the sidewalk peaces alone. The big pieces for the main roads and the small in the same style, for the narrow alleys.

I'll second that.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on August 01, 2016, 04:41:01 AM
Nice, especially to the NMT-houses.  Reminds me of the canalas I always loved. I also think, it's a good idea to offer the sidewalk peaces alone. The big pieces for the main roads and the small in the same style, for the narrow alleys.
i am not sure if a good idea to shrink everything at 1x1 tiles and give it to people
because the road pieces are digging a little deep in the ground and below the ground level (0.2') and the game doesnt react good to every terraforming.

but i can see what i can do
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

so i opted for this coding method for the toolbars :)

i think it is clear like that.

green color = road
orange color = sidewalks
red color = toolbar that will open.

as you can count, this is the 4X menu

RedKetchup

i just prepared my other toolbars in advance.

not sure yet how i will do these 3X tiles width road ....

maybe 1 tile sidewalk - 1 tile road - 1 tile sidewalk
or maybe i ll cut 33% in sidewalks to make the road larger...
not sure yet

brads3

the 33% sounds like it would look better. ot trying to mess u up RED. but would individual sidewalks raised up mayb work??? specially with all the road options we have? i know theres the new wood,log,mulch roads,plus the pasture,different grass road options. but the sidewalk addition is a grand idea.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on August 01, 2016, 12:53:16 PM
the 33% sounds like it would look better. ot trying to mess u up RED. but would individual sidewalks raised up mayb work??? specially with all the road options we have? i know theres the new wood,log,mulch roads,plus the pasture,different grass road options. but the sidewalk addition is a grand idea.

yeah just made a test (many test, last one was perfect) where i ve cut 33% of 1 sidewalk and 33% of the other side sidewalk.... the road doesnt look to have cut alot (the 33% left from 4 tile to 3 tile : 2x33%) and appear to be about same size. only the sidewalks look to be smaller.

about having sidewalk going much higher in the air to fit roads made with vanilla or "painting" "texturing" the ground with some addons like you said.... the thing is ... a much 'higher' sidewalks looks bad when it start to "cut" and "overlap" parts of the housing (0,2' at bottom of the housing walls and doors..)
this is the reason i decided to dig the ground and terraforming the ground to lower the road itself into ground and kept the sidewalk at ground level.

i dunno if my english can make enough sense :P

RedKetchup

the screenshot shows the difference between 4x4 tiles to the left , and 3x3 tiles to the right.

Gatherer

Could you post a pic with 3-story houses on both sides of these roads? I'd like to see how much sun will be available within these streets.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on August 01, 2016, 02:18:03 PM
Could you post a pic with 3-story houses on both sides of these roads? I'd like to see how much sun will be available within these streets.

yes i can do. gimme a minute

in wait, posted a screenshot, did you guys ever noticed the vanilla barn never touch the ground ? a big arror made by the developper Luke ^^

RedKetchup

i did like 6-8 screenshots

one side a 3 tiles road with NMTs each side
and the other side 4 tiles road with NMTs each side.
all 3 level floors

screenshot 1 : both. 4tiles to the left - 3tiles to the right.
screenshot 2 : 3 tiles.
screenshot 3 : 4 tiles.
screenshot 4 : 4 tiles.
screenshot 5 : 3 tiles.
screenshot 6 : 3 tiles.
screenshot 7 : 4 tiles.
screenshot 8 : both. form the back 3 tiles to the left - 4 tiles to the right.

brads3

can u do a screenshot of ur road n sidewalk with 1 of the mod roads layed over the road part? b neat to see how it would actually look. other than just taking away the 3d effect it might not b too bad. also did u think of doin a road with sidewalk on just 1 side? case someone wanted a wider road.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on August 01, 2016, 04:49:39 PM
can u do a screenshot of ur road n sidewalk with 1 of the mod roads layed over the road part? b neat to see how it would actually look. other than just taking away the 3d effect it might not b too bad. also did u think of doin a road with sidewalk on just 1 side? case someone wanted a wider road.

screenshot done

i wont do each piece with 1 sidwalk one side. but i will certain offer 1 x 1 tile road and 1 x 1 tile sidewalk so if people want to customize 1 tile at the time they will do.
those 3x3 and 4x4 is for quicker road draw to save tons of time.

btw , i will need to go edit this sidewalk texture and try to get rid if this "black" " dirt" pattern inside the texture cause when it repeats... it repeats too frequently and look ugly with time.

Kristahfer

I am looking forward to this one, and I sure like the 3D effect.

Denis de la Rive

Yes! Again you find something that is a necessity. Making the single square is important as I see it, it will be a great way to make city squares and to dress up the markets.  :)

OldnRetired

RedK said "btw , i will need to go edit this sidewalk texture and try to get rid if this "black" " dirt" pattern inside the texture cause when it repeats... it repeats too frequently and look ugly with time."

I think  ........  No NOOOOO!   When is the last time you saw perfectly clean roads & sidewalks?  PLEASE leave the "dirt" in ... it's so realistic!
And THANKS for the Choo-Choo mod & all the other new "Old" buildings and all your great ideas!!!!!!        ;D