News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goblin Girl

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 22, 2018, 07:30:23 AM
i personally, maybe, would opt for kinda meals made from ... meat like tasty T-bone steaks + potatoes... + beer = 6-10 meals
and citizens go there and "consume" those to give happiness ? similar to Theater ?

and doing something like the Blacksmith sound, do a special sound (like a german polka) when you select it and get near ... you would heard that song.
I love all of this!  I guess the person who requested it wants a kind of Texas roadhouse.  So instead of polka music, it could be twangy bluegrass.  But polka works too!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

rkelly17

My German is not great, but I think that "The Old Barn" in German would be "Die alte Scheune." That's if you want to do "The old German barn." Then beer and polka for all. For food you could serve roasted pork and sauerkraut (Input: pork, cabbage, salt)

If you want to go Texas style, maybe call it Ol' Tex's BBQ and have a smoke house attached.  ;D

RedKetchup

Quote from: rkelly17 on August 24, 2018, 11:22:49 AM

My German is not great, but I think that "The Old Barn" in German would be "Die alte Scheune." That's if you want to do "The old German barn." Then beer and polka for all. For food you could serve roasted pork and sauerkraut (Input: pork, cabbage, salt)

If you want to go Texas style, maybe call it Ol' Tex's BBQ and have a smoke house attached.  ;D

it was a request on facebook by Jason. when i set the sign "The Old Barn" he asked for "Old German Bar". so i did. i know the guy is german... but i dont read german lol. since english is THE international language...

i am not planing to do special dishes from all around the world... or i would do our french canadian traditionnal "Paté chinois" lol
i go with what we have in game. i made a recipe for : steak+potato+beer. another one of chops+beans+ale, and another one of roast+pepper+wine.

i can make more combo, but i wont make new resources from combo-meat and use these new resources to make combo meal.

i can replace the "bean" with "cabbage" , but the 3rd item need to be an alcohol. (which i just did cause i did put beans but not knowing what i could put there)

i am open to more recipes.  just name the "meat" , the "vegs/fruit" and the "alcohol".

elemental

I just noticed in the pics that this building is quite a bit smaller than a normal barn. If it's a food hall and kitchen, maybe it should be bigger? Or maybe the building should be just a kitchen, not a food hall. They eat outside.

One thing you might like to consider for buildings like this is to make the decorations separate ghost pieces instead of making them part of the building model. It makes the set much more versatile. We can play around with tables and gardens and stuff, and then if players build more than one they don't all look the same.

I like the whole food for happiness concept. I also like the pottery (and other goods) for happiness idea.  :)

RedKetchup

it has been taken from the forest barn mesh. they took out the logs, the firewood, and the food crates. they took out the double door, and they build a chimney for cooking and picnic tables for eating.

Gatherer

Any news when the next build will be available for download? I'm waiting for the first available version with the corner houses and then that's the only version of RK MegaMod I will ever download. It is too big for my liking even now but I will try it out.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

schueler

Perfect, RedKetchup! Now the sign has the proper vintage look! :D Thanks!

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on August 25, 2018, 06:39:15 AM
Any news when the next build will be available for download? I'm waiting for the first available version with the corner houses and then that's the only version of RK MegaMod I will ever download. It is too big for my liking even now but I will try it out.

in fact that it is not too big if you count you need to
finally delete NMT2.04 .................: 269MB
finally delete NMT31:CanalSystem : 92,2MB
finally delete NMT3.0:ClayChain...  : 8,6MB
finally delete NMTLittleHousing.... : 19,5 MB
finally delete NMT3.0:MultiStory... : 145MB
finally delete NMT3.0: Crops.......... : 8,2MB
finally delete NMT3.0: Orchards....... : 24,4MB

and what else you have ?? i see fire? colorful little house ? boston houses 1 and 2 ? NMT Little housing 2 ? country little houses 1 and 2 ? gardenwalls ?

RedKetchup

it seems i succeeded to transfert the Decorative Trees into Decorative Ghosted Trees :)
gonna spend a day on this maybe 2.

RedKetchup

so i transfered the vanilla wild trees into decorative trees at no cost. :)
gonna add all the fruit trees too, of course, at no cost too :) i mean as megabytes... maybe some bytes or kilobytes ^^

RedKetchup

here the first 7 fruit trees in decorative

RedKetchup

and the last 7 in Decorative Fruit Trees :)

RedKetchup

here some decorative fruit bushes :) since they are ghosted, you can put more than one on the same tile and use "F" to rotate them and make bigger bushes.