News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Zoom hack with Cheat Engine

Started by Brotte, May 19, 2015, 06:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brotte

I've seen many comments on the zoom limits in the game and as I had a lot of trouble getting started with the hack using Cheat Engine, I thought that others may want a step-by-step guide to be able to zoom in all the way, to admire Red's and other's beautiful artwork up-close  :)

1.  Run Banished & load or start a new game. Then zoom in as far as possible and Alt-Tab out of the game.
2.  Download Cheat Engine (CE for short)  here: http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php
3.  (Img1.jpg) Install and run CE. You should see this screen.
4.  (Img2.jpg) Now Click Open Process.
5.  (Img3.jpg) Choose the "xxxxxxxx-Application-x64.exe" (Note: if you are running the 32-bit version, the proces name is more like this: "xxxxxxxx-Application-x32.exe")
6.  (Img4.jpg) Now type in "20" as shown (ex.1) and press "first scan" (ex.2: same button, but it says "new scan" after you first click on it) and the column to the left (ex.3) will fill up. Right click on any of these numbers here.
7.  (Img5.jpg) Choose "Browse this memory region".
8.  (Img6.jpg) A memory browser looking somewhat like this will open.
9.  (Img7.jpg) Click the second option under "search" named "Find Assembly Code".
10. (Img8.jpg) A new window looking like this will open. Type in "mov [rdi+3c]" (ex.1) and press "Scan" (ex.2).
11. (Img9.jpg)  Now wait a couple of seconds for it to find the following adresses (all the x's will be different numbers and letters each time, so don't worry about those.): "xxxxxxxx - xx xx xx xx - mov [rdi+3c],41A00000" & "xxxxxxxx - xx xx xx xx - mov [rdi+3c],43020000" (ex.1). you may then just click on "cancel" (ex.2: the button will rename to "close" after you first click on it). Then you left click on the first of these two adresseses and press space and click on the "close" button (ex.2).
12. (Img10.jpg) The memory viewer should look like this now. (ex.1 & ex.2) are the ones that limits your zoom ability. So we want to edit them out.
13. (Img11.jpg) This is done by right clicking the line and choosing "Replace with code that does nothing". Press "Ok" on the pop-up and...
14 (Img12.jpg) It should look like this. Repeat the last procedure with (img10.jpg ex.2). Just close the Memory Viewer and go back to Banished and you are now able zoom in and out as far as you want  ;D

I hope this will be helpful for you all now that you know exactly what to do. Have fun  8)

Let me know if this guide is comprehensible enough or if I need to rewrite and/or add/remove something...

Karlieb

You can also save the camera positions at different angles (and save the game) and not have to reenable the zoomhack cheat for that particular saved game. You can use the camera positions and pan around (but not zoom!) keeping that angle.

This topic is old but is also what I think is the best place for my post. Let me know if I misjudged.

Kimbolton

Quote10. (Img8.jpg) A new window looking like this will open. Type in "mov [rdi+3c]" (ex.1) and press "Scan" (ex.2).
11. (Img9.jpg)  Now wait a couple of seconds for it to find the following adresses (all the x's will be different numbers and letters each time, so don't worry about those.): "xxxxxxxx - xx xx xx xx - mov [rdi+3c],41A00000" & "xxxxxxxx - xx xx xx xx - mov [rdi+3c],43020000" (ex.1). you may then just click on "cancel" (ex.2: the button will rename to "close" after you first click on it). Then you left click on the first of these two adresseses and press space and click on the "close" button (ex.2).

I tried this for the first time and got to the point quoted.  The OP says wait a "couple of seconds" and in the screenshot has only a few hits after pressing scan. Does anyone have any idea why I am getting dozens and maybe dozens more hits and it is still scanning after an hour?  I made sure I typed in "mov [rdi+3c]" correctly and I'm getting all kinds of hits starting with that code.

Did I goof somewhere? Is my registry that messed up? Would really like to use this in my game.

kid1293

You just need the two adresses - for 'mov [rdi+3c],41A00000' & 'mov [rdi+3c],43020000'
then you click cancel. No need to scan any more. Takes only a few seconds.

RedKetchup

this zoom hack really need a "gui" interface ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

I made another tutorial which may help you without searching through all that assembler code -

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/banishedpeople/tutorial-the-zoom-hack-t209.html

hth  :)

* scroll all the way down for the quick recipe...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Kimbolton

Hey everyone,

Thank you all so much!

I can finally see the sky!

and get a really good look at a cow!

It's a whole new world! :)

embx61

Makes me wonder if it is rather easy by changing some memory addresses in assembly why Luke cannot implement a better zoom in Banished.
Should not be too hard to implement if a cheat engine can do it with a memory scan.

I never used zoom hack but does it have a impact on performance and maybe that is the reason Luke not do it?
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Kimbolton

Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to answer that. From what little I've played around with it the gameplay seems fine but you have to get used to the scrolling and if you go too far weird things happen.

embx61

LOL

Dorothy this time took a whole pasture and some animals to Oz.  :D

QueryEverything

@Paeng do you know how the Zoom hack works with the registry, and how the Cheat Engine would be picked up by cheat detectors?

A core game I have will only run with XignCode3 running (it comes as part of the installation process), and won't allow the game to run if there are any conflicts or issues picked up by the app.

Whilst I haven't tried to use the Zoom hack as yet, it may be a necessity in the near future, but I can't risk getting a perma-lock out from the other game. 

As I have no experience with the Cheat Engine & Zoom Hack, I don't know exactly what it alters, and if cheat preventer would pick it up, if it only affected an unrelated game.

http://www.wellbia.com/home/en/pages/xigncode3/
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/131749-xigncode3-is-not-respondingfailed-to-init-security/
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

I think it only get picked up if you use it for that particular game(s) the XignCode3 has on the list.

It would be crazy if a game decide to lock you out when they see a cheat engine is used for other games besides theirs or even just on your system.
I can understand why they do it because it is a online game I see so cheating is taboo so to prevent cheating for their games I am fine with it but they not going to dictate what I am running on my PC :)

You can always send a email to support and ask them if zoomhack on your system is okay as long as you not use it on their game(s)

QueryEverything

@embx61 I did wonder if it would affect just the game it came with, but I wasn't sure how the Cheat Engine worked as well, I could try it on another account, I just don't want to have to pay twice for the 2nd game to find out, nooooo ....

I will email the other game company and ask them whether they programmed XignCode3 keys to their registry processes only, or all, see what they say.  :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

Like I said, it would be bad practice if they get involved in games not made by them.

I understand it is against cheating and I am all for it as long as they not dictate what I can or not can run on my system.

As long as I not inject in their game code to cheat they should never lock my account because I run zoomhack.

If it is the case they will I will never buy a game from a company like that.

DRM is already crazy enough these days so no need for certain game companies to dictate what I run on my system.
If I run zoomhack for example but NOT use it on their games they should just leave me alone :)
Why do they care what I run on my PC.

If I run zoomhack and use it on their games they have every right to lock my account.

I bought many legal games and for some I still downloaded a crack just to avoid the messy DRM on some games.
Force you to be online to play a single player game for example, really?

I download a crack and patch the exe/dll and I avoid that kind of crap.
Nothing they can do about it either as I have a legal copy of the game.
Legal customers get penalized by the DRM while the pirates play the cracked game anyway without the DRM.

Many game players do this to get around the crazy DRM some companies implement.

The fun part is with all the efforts and money they spent on DRM Crack groups will always find a way around it anyway.
DRM not stops pirating and never will.
Just put out good games and have good support/patches and a lot of gamers will just buy the game instead of pirating it.

That is the main reason I support GOG as (most of) their listed games not use DRM.

Paeng

Quote from: QueryEverything on August 19, 2017, 05:08:18 AM@Paeng do you know how the Zoom hack works

So sorry, I really have no idea... I don't even know why it's called cheat engine LOL...  :-[

I only stumbled over this when I wanted to get different perspectives / zoom options and google sent me that way.

To me, the zoom hack has nothing to do with cheating, it's rather an enhancement... but again, I have no idea what else that program can do.
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]