News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Challenge #5: Trading Empire

Started by solarscreen, July 14, 2014, 06:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

@slink never heard of Sharkbite, and I troll Home Depot pretty religiously. I shall definitely remember this, thanks for the tip!

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on August 02, 2014, 10:09:06 AM
Hey, you know that stuff called FiberFix that is sold for fixing pipes?  It's apparently not waterproof.  The pipe joining device called SharkBite works though, after you cut away the piece of pipe with the hole in it.  Ask me how I know, and have a beer.  I am drinking Stella Artois today.

No leaky pipes here (thank God) and I'm drinking the local Waterloo Dark (Muenchen style befitting the Germanic heritage of Waterloo County).

irrelevant

Oh! Forgot about the beer. I was slumming it with a couple cans of Natty Bo.

Admin

Rumors of my demise were greatly exaggerated ...  I hate changing jobs. But, work is work.

Looks like @slink called it for us:  @Bobbi is a double champ and @irrelevant and @rkelly17 will share the Ale Master title!

Congrats on your great efforts and thanks for playing! We really have some amazing players here on WOB!

RedKetchup

hey congratulations to all of you, Winners !!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

I'm a winner, yayy! ;) That was a good challenge though. I learned a lot about trading and about storage.

RedKetchup

i learned alot about myself : i hate to have 56 boats every 0.8 years LOL

Bobbi

I certainly never intended to win in two categories. Was strictly going for coats and such. Could not get rid of all that mutton to save my life. My intentions were to keep the pop as low as possible because of the dreaded lag, but try to populate all along the river on both sides. My thought process involved many 20 x 20 sheep farms with one herdsman, and learning to auto trade. Never having had that many sheep before, I was merrily rolling along, and then I noticed Health and Happiness were on the decline. WHY? Then I realized that although a sufficiency of food was available, 75% of it was meat! OH NO's. So I set about un-auto purchasing, and using only mutton to trade for other foods to equalize the un-balance. And shortly after that time ran out for the contest.

RedKetchup

i really dont use enough heardsmen and pastures :( thats a big problem from my side i need to fix one of these days  ::)

mariesalias

salamander

Nice job, everyone!  And, congratulations to @Bobbi, @rkelly17, and @irrelevant.

irrelevant

Thanks! That was fun. And my trading challenge town (former vegetarian challenge town) just this afternoon passed 4000 pop.