News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The 100-challenge

Started by Nilla, March 20, 2015, 08:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

It looks very promising, @Brugle. I'm excited to see the result. Seems to be real fast!

Brugle

My play time is limited, so I suppose I should update.  (By the way, I was surprised that 2 people had the same name when the map started and later a child was given the name of an existing person.)

I repeated the docking of each merchant until the General Goods Merchant arrived.  The first time I was lucky--he had corn seeds, which I bought (along with a few onions).  I ordered apple seeds (just for fun) and stone, then later wheat seeds and stone, and finally just stone.

After building 19 wooden houses in years 1-7, I began building stone houses in year 8.

Here is a screenshot of 43 females and 32 males:

Brugle

Sorry that this took so long.  Hectohamlet got 100 people in Summer 11.

The merchant delivered stone and apples (to give the tavern a head start) in year 9, then stone and iron.

I began upgrading wood houses to stone in year 10, with 2 extra wood houses added to speed this up in year 11.

There were 3 old age deaths in year 10, including a couple which freed up their house.

Apparently a market only wants to hold the four food types, and doesn't care how many foods of each type.  I had planted corn in one area and later wheat in a different area (with a barn farther from the market), and the market continued to get only corn.  I reversed the crops in year 11.  (In retrospect, I should have mixed up the crops so that both wheat and corn were stored in the same barn.)

Here are screenshots of Summer 11 (with 2 houses for new families still being upgraded and the 2 extra wood houses being deleted), one of the whole settlement and one of just downtown (with inventory):

Nilla

Not sorry!
Your settlement is outstanding! It has bin great from the start.

Interesting to see how much faster you can go if you if you go slow ;) (If anyone understand what I mean with that strange statement.)

Congratulations.!

Nilla

I'll try to make a small summary of the present result of this challenge. It's still open for everyone to (re-)try.

I hope I got it right.

A.With mods

@Chon Waen Winter 7

B. Easy

@Trizeropz Summer 7
@Nilla Summer 7
@irrelevant Winter 7
@Bracken Early Summer 8

C. Hard

@Brugle Summer 11
@Nilla Late Summer 14
@kee Late Winter 15
@irrelevant Autumn 16
@chillzz Autumn 16 *

* missing ½ hart because of no trade

I hope I didn't forget anyone. Some people have made more than one attempt, but I have only listed the best of each person.

If there are no objections to this result, I will put the best of each category at the beginning, so that it's easy to see, if anyone want to play it.

chillzz

Quote from: Nilla on April 14, 2015, 11:41:16 AM
* missing ½ hart because of no trade
* = No trading (thus no farming, husbandry and nomads) and no quarries, mines or boarding houses.
i think i will give this one another try soon, after playing @Trizeropz'King of the Mountain'.
it did give me some new ideas :)

congrats to everyone in their categories !

@Nilla hope you will have more interesting challenges :D these are fun!
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Just need @solarscreen  to add the results to the Challenge Winner thread :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Trizeropz

@Nilla why do you set me first at condition B. Easy? We both have summer 7:D

Nilla

Easy to answer; Someone has to be first and you finished your town first.

And besides, although I am not a very humble person, it's not very polite to put yourself first, isn't it?

Trizeropz

Brugle

I intend (perhaps this weekend) to try B - the original.  I don't feel like searching a bunch of seeds, so if @Nilla has no objection, I'll use her seed.  There won't be trade, since it starts with wheat and plum seeds and has plenty of stone and iron lying around.  Other than that, I'd like the settlement to be considerably different, just for fun.

I will select the sex of births, although half the time (when males equal females) I won't care.

Nilla

Of cause you can ;I would appreciate if you do! It would be very interesting to see, what is possible on that map, if you work a little bit with the population.

Brugle

Finally started B - the original (easy) no mods.  I used Nilla's seed (8, small, valleys) with fair climate and disasters off.

The number of children was the same as in Nilla's first picture, but has hopefully started to diverge (since the sexes are balanced).  I was surprised to get some pecans from an orchard in year 3.  Here is a screenshot of early winter 3, with 25 males and 25 females:

Nilla

I'm really looking forward to see what you can make out of it. No hurry. We can wait.

Brugle

Quote from: Nilla on April 30, 2015, 12:43:57 PM
I'm really looking forward to see what you can make out of it. No hurry. We can wait.
I guess you will, since I'm away from home with little playing time.  (I also had trouble logging into my account and getting a new password, but that's been fixed with some help.)  On the good side, I bought another laptop that runs Banished faster with greater resolution.

The screenshot shows my city at the same time as Nilla's second picture, and the number of children did diverge--Nilla had more.  I think I played OK: a house was usually ready for each new couple, but sometimes it was available just after they both were adults if they moved in more quickly that way.  The time of births for a given mother (or couple) appears to be essentially fixed, but perhaps it varies for different mothers (or couples) and I was unlucky.