News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Tree Replacer Spring Light

Started by kid1293, July 04, 2022, 11:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

I remember this experiment. I forgot to delete the animation - the game started -
I had 2-3 seconds to take a screenshot before it crashed ;D ;D

Voeille

It does look nice though — and a sunflower field makes sense as opposed to bannies cultivating a bunch of potions. But it was fun.

Just yesterday I was tinkering with the deco mist from the Fairy Tale set, I wanted to give it a custom texture so I first checked whether it wants just a filled in square or alpha too, using the basic black and white Photoshop clouds filter. The screenshot doesn't fully show it though, it was more funny when those squares were animating.

Abandoned

oh, evil black mist  8)  too bad about the squares.

Voeille

I like all things dark, however I don't think it works well for the mist, so I ended up with something a bit different.

The main reason I started experimenting with it is that I wanted it to animate slower as I often play on 5x or 10x speed, and the default settings were tailored for 1x so it felt quite speedy. So my edit feels rather slow on 1x, but it seems OK for faster speeds. And then I wanted it bigger and less prominent in the rain (so overall slightly darker)... There's more to tinker with though, while this size is alright for placing around the town, I would like a much bigger version to place around water or wild areas.