News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: New Flora - tanypredator

Started by tanypredator, June 02, 2016, 10:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanypredator

Yes, I suppose it is connected to MM, because without it I never had this issue, and I think that they included all my stuff in their mod. Maybe they changed the building button order, so you have one from MM and one from NF. But why do you use NF, if you already use MM?

By the way, I think that my latest version have unbalanced yield when used with NatDiv, so I'm making tests and plan to upload an improved version. But I don't think that I could correct this issue, maybe I can if I know the 'place' in menu, which they assigned to honey seeker.

QueryEverything

Hiya @tanypredator thanks for replying so quickly. :)

The MM currently is for only 1.6 and when Kraly put out a patch to make most things 1.07 compatible not all of the mods worked 'according to plan', one of the mods that a few of us couldn't get right was your NF, so the work around was adding it in as a new version, and list it over the top of MM.

Sometimes menus duplicate, not always, in this case it did.  I'm happy to leave it as a 2nd choice, and remember to not use the 'leftie' when planning my forests.  :)

With the Wild Honey, in a forest, I'm getting 225 Wild Honey a Season (for the last 2 consecutive), I don't know if that's what you were aiming for.  :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

Here are a couple of screenshots for you.  I let the game run for 2 whole seasons, in a full forest.
You can see how full the forest is, play 'peek a boo' and you will see your buildings :)
I also included a screenshot where I've cut back the trees so you can see them.  :)

I'm more worried about the Flax than I am about the honey, the Flax is gathered nearly like herbs are, very rare per season and the clothing maker never seems to have enough Flax for making clothes with. 

Other than that, they are sweet buildings. :)  Thank you!!!

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

tanypredator

Hmm. In my tests I had more flax, about 58 in a year last time, but I usually gather it manually at first years. I'll give it more tests.

225 honey is much less, then needed, usual gatherer gives about 500-700 food per year. However, honey is both grain and fruit, so it might be less of it, but I think it must be around 400-500 anyway.

QueryEverything

I just reran the numbers, removing all the local grass, some of the trees, and a little of other items, I was still only returning very low values of flax, however bumped up to 400 wild honey - but then as the others filled in, the numbers dropped again.

Do they grow as the same rate as other items?  Is it a speed thing, what gets 'in' first, wins?

tanypredator

Honey 'grows' twice more slowly than other plants and much more rarely, but its yield is 3 times bigger.

Flax grow as frequent, as other usual plants, but yields only 3-4 units.

QueryEverything

Quote from: tanypredator on May 03, 2017, 07:08:31 AM
Honey 'grows' twice more slowly than other plants and much more rarely, but its yield is 3 times bigger.

Flax grow as frequent, as other usual plants, but yields only 3-4 units.

Ah, got it.  I had wondered why the 2 were producing differently, how you explained it makes sense.
I think with all the new produced goodies growing I need to keep micro managing some of the forests, or create one solely for Flax & Wild Honey, making sure to get the most out of them. :)

Abandoned

@tanypredator  I am just doing a test map with latest new flora version, the info in the mod lists says version 1 (1.0.5) , is that listed correctly?  You know I am a big fan of this mod especially the wild oats and wild flax.  But sorry to say I like the original blue wild flax much better, always hated to gather it and have it disappear.   :)  Still love the mod though but wouldn't mind having original flax back.

tanypredator

@Abandoned, thank you. First, yes, it is made with 1.0.5 ModKit - is it a problem? As far as I tested, it works that way, so I hadn't upgraded ModKit yet.

I expected that you particularly would not like any visual changes ;) You can use the original NewFlora, it is compatible with NatDiv as well, only doesn't give to gather some plants manually. I'll make new version with old flax model, if you ask. But what about gathered flax model? I think that old one was ugly. Do you want it to be old version too?

Abandoned

@tanypredator Oh thank you so much.  No problem with version then, and yes I would greatly appreciate the a version with the old flax and the manual gather NatDiv, the old gather flax model is good too.  I enjoy searching the forest for wild foods for the bannies to gather.

I am looking forward to trying NatDiv, so glad these great mods are compatible.  :)

Betin

Good day! Could it be posible to make an override so the vanilla gatherer can harvest new flora resources?

tanypredator

Quote from: Betin on July 08, 2017, 07:14:59 AM
Good day! Could it be posible to make an override so the vanilla gatherer can harvest new flora resources?

Is it important that it must be a vanilla gatherer? Because there is a mod with a gatherer, that gathers vanilla and new flora resources. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=202 What you ask is possible, but it will be uncompatible with NatDiv mod.

Betin

No, it's not that important. It's only that I play with few mods because I have a toaster of a computer, also I only use natdiv light. Just asked because I don't know how to mod, and only if it's just a simple modification

tanypredator

With such a ModKit as we have, even a simple modification is pain. I started to make it, and it turned out that I not only need to put plant resources inside there, but also crop resources. Maybe tomorrow.

Betin

Even for trying, thank you! I imagine the pain it can be, I apreciate you giving it a try. Sorry for my english, i'm way out of practice