News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Some schools can teach more students than others. Apart from that it's just about visuals.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on November 09, 2018, 03:09:06 PM
I jump in to answer. All schools are treated equal in Banished. Big, Small, Expensive...

They all give the same education. The variations in schools are for the visuals and role-playing.

and most of time, a different certain amount of students which we can control :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

donwolfkonecny

sometimes I feel we cannot control any students at all  :-\

donwolfkonecny

Why is that one Clay is worth 4 units of trade, but a Brick is worth 5. Shouldn't a brick be worth at least twice, i mean it takes time, which means transport + housing + food + medicine + happiness etc

Are you willing to share the "recipes" such as "4 meat + 1 salt = 2 salted meat" or whatever the values are? Then I can decide which building is best. It would be wonderful if it were also on the dropdown inside the building. I understand that would be for uneducated, and educated is doubled.
Is someone going to rewrite Banished so there are multiple levels of education? And how about future technologies?

Also, I think perfume is a bad deal, true? It takes like 12 flowers + 2 water + 1 glassware = 1 perfume that sells for 6??? that's a terrible price. perfume should be worth like 40 or something, don't you think?

embx61

Clay is as far as I know worth just 1.

Rewrite Banished? That is only possible if Luke, the developer,  ever releases the Source Code which i see not happening.
Beside that the modder must have a pretty good understanding of the C++ language.
I know a little bit about C++ but by far not enough to rewrite the Banished game code.

From Red's code of Beta 12b you get 6 to 10 perfume in a production cycle.

So 12x1 Flowers + 2x1 water + 1x8 Glassware = 22 input. You get 6x6 = 36 as non educated worker and 10x6 is 60 as educated worker.

The modding of banished is quite limited. Most is hidden from us and lots of mechanics are hard coded.
That is why you see for examples 20 bakers, 600 houses, 20 butchers but mostly it is all cosmetic (Texture/mesh) changes and not saying it is a bad thing but a fact nonetheless.

It is just too limited to create new stuff what can change the basics of the game.
It is just more and more of the same but mostly in a different coat.

There are some things modded what changes the game a bit at the surface but underneath it is still all the same and nothing we can do about it till the developer opens more up.
However the developer is working on his next game and stated all ready Banished is a finished product and only major bugs will be fixed.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

donwolfkonecny

Ah thanks! It's hard to tell what gets outputted so thanks for breaking it down for me. It's not as though all that material goes into 1 perfume, it goes into many, which divided up is indeed worth more okay great. Just can't see that anywhere, and those little buggers are hard to track. I can't click on the output on the ground to see how many it is.

Well by rewriting I mean I wish the guy who wrote it kept developing it, or would hand the code over. Or someone else start over with intent to be as open to modding as possible. I can code but I don't know how one makes a game such as this. But if they can make the game as open as possible, then it can have a long life after they are done with it.

Is it like Steam Workshop forces the developers to make games that are modifiable, or do the devs have to intentionally make their game modifiable. For example I imagine he could make it so no mods work. Or have secret mechanisms. Well if he's done with it, I can't see any reason to not open the code up so other people can continue the work. If I were done with it and moved on to the next project, I would hand over the code. And feel good about it that other people like it enough to continue it. I think it's a very good groundwork.
Some of the things are frustrating but maybe they are part of the game. Like when a dude digs some roots, then walks away from them, then another one has to walk all the way over there. Maybe if it was as efficient as possible it wouldn't be much of a game?

donwolfkonecny

I am using RKEC. I like the cart concept very much except it has some problems.
1) One is that Salt gets considered a Mineral, which is a problem because I need it near my Salter but it is ending up near my Foundry.
2) Another is that I want to draw raw meat near my Smoker/Salter/Dryer combo. There isn't a cart for that so I used a Protein Market, unfortunately that fills up with processed meat. Could you please make a Meat cart that does not grab processed meat. Maybe it also grabs salt (can that be a toggle?)
3) Need a cart for fodder
Need a way to toggle these carts "empty everything" when they get filled with the wrong stuff. Maybe not necessary if these other things got adjusted.

Gatherer

2. That's how the flag limits work in this game unfortunately. You can't select only a few items within an individual flag. So a protein only market will always be able to hold all foodstuffs tagged as protein. Same with grain, vegetable and other markets. Nothing that modders can do about that.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

yep we have to split the difference somehow. 1 is we players have asked for less of the extra items in the main markets.this way the worker isn't spening time stocking all minerals and it gives more space to ites like food that the bannies use.RED has some addon carts and EB has a small makrt set plus a material wharehouse to move the odd extra goods.modders continue to adjust and give us different options. the system overall is better than it used to be. there are some barns that restrict what is stored in them. a veggy fruit barn and a meat cellar or locker might help push meat to 1 area.nothing is full proof as bannies will try to scatter items all over the map. you can use a market specific to logs and minerals to bring items toward the town center for the salt and blacksmiths.this market will supply the working parts without interfeering with the main market and flow of food.

RedKetchup

everything works with "flag" and "limit" you cannot target directly a resource like salt, or meat. it is minerals and everything minerals are equal. and it is proteins, and everything tagged proteins are all equals.
we cannot start a flag and a limit for everything in the game, we have 20 and need to do with it.

i understand we cannot click something on the ground, like a case of perfume to know info on it.... but if you go on the perfumery window, and click on the production window, you will see the amounts. and when it is working, and you see the number pass from 24 to 30 to 36 to 42... bah you know it produces 6 at the time :)

the guy doesnt work anymore on this game, there will be never any more update in the future. 1.0.7 170910 was the very last one.

littlelamb

Hi Redketchup

Can you please tell me where the fertilizer get stored

I  have five stables that each have 3 barrels of fertilizer standing out the front of the buildings, but it is not getting taken to the greenhouses,

The inventory on each greenhouse show that they have plenty of water, but no fertilizer, so each one has the missing materials sign showing

I have placed near the stables, one ordinary barn , a fodder barn and a covered stock pile. Am I missing the necessary barn.

Thankyou

I also have pasture goats.

RedKetchup

fertilizer is stored in a stockpile. vanilla stockpile, covered stockpile: ALL and/or Materials, specialized stockpile: Materials

littlelamb

Thanks for the reply Redketchup. I feel like a bit of a dill. Upon checking all storage I found out that they were all full.  :-X

brads3

@littlelamb  1 thing i do is place a firewood stoage between the stock pile and the wood cutter. this takes items out of the pile.otherwise the cutters replace logs with firewood. another thing that helps to avoid that pile getting full is a material market of sorts. there are several options now with various mods. they give you extra storage for logs,iron,and stone.again this gives more room and takes stock from the start pile.REd has made several options,EB has a small market set plus a material market.KID has some wagon or carts to help also.SLINK's industrial barn storage and there is a industrial plaza also.there are also different options for storage in forest areas. a variety of these scattered around helps.not only do they give extra room,they also give the laborers a quick place to drop items. this can help speed up clearing land.

tuggistar

Redketchup can make the animals on the map appeared more. And then I constantly do not have enough materials from the hunter for the production of clothing. Mods Hunting Season 3.0 can be put on top of the list or not.
The animals are very beautiful, but the tailors are constantly almost sitting around and as a result I have very little firewood. Or anyone advise how to solve this problem medium and high difficulte.

And somebody advise, which mod (one year is one year) can be started for acquaintance. I looked them now there are a few now. Someone advise what is better.