News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Troglodyte style house/building.

Started by Savidan, July 23, 2017, 02:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savidan

You modders have done an impressive job so far, I tried to share the idea I get just in case you had not enought work and you are looking for more xD

So when trying a map I realize you have done a lot of stuff around waters (Jetty, canal boats ...)
But there is not that much stuff to bring life around mountains.

So there is no request or emergency but it could be nice to keep the post here for people that are looking for ideas.

So there is all chalet/cabin style buildings.
Troglodyte house.
Mountain source.
Herdsman, mountain cheese...

Some pictures:

**Hobbit style**

**Greek style, all white **

Abandoned

@Savidan You may want to check out page 7 of this Suggestions and Mod Idea section  on 2/21/16, the thread Hobbit World.  There are some really nice hobbit houses that Mr. @RedKetchup started.  They are on his to-do list.  Maybe someday.

Savidan

Thx Abandoned, you're right, I'm not here (on the forum) for long and I should had check before :)

Abandoned

@Savidan , oh I did not mean you should have checked, there are so many topics and threads it is easy to miss.  I just thought you would like to see those.  The pictures you posted are a nice reminder, thank you.  And I am glad you liked my town of Bloomington and discovered the flowers and perfumery of Garden Walls Utility Mod, it is a great mod.  :)

QueryEverything

@Savidan don't feel the need to apologise for posting ideas, even if they been spoken of before - sometimes a new voice gives new life to a forgotten, or outdated idea.  It's good to see you active, and that's important :)

You know, there's been talk on and off about what to do with Mountain homes, and you're not the first (again, not a complaint, promise) to bring it up - the problem has always been that the mountains all spawn differently, and so how does the modder overcome the design challenges.

However, you have given me an idea for a new house, and I'm going to get into trouble with this one...  ooopsss ...
@kid1293 your Mexican themed housing, the beautiful bright bold colours, could you do some in more subdued colours, or tuscan based (like the SBV & new reds in the row houses), perhaps some beiges (don't choke, I am aware I asked for bland, and it hurts my feelings when you laugh at my absurdity, hahahahaha, ;) ) - now - with overhang codes - I wonder.

With some new colour, and the same principle - could the Mexican houses, be somewhat adapted to look a little like picture 2 "Troglodyte style house/building.", It would overhang at the back, and the sides - so you could tier them up, but also at the back to push them back into the mountain a bit.

-----
Oh, yes - I am aware I am now going to be in trouble - Savidan, you are safe, enjoy the moment, have a laugh, all is good here - my comments are only humour, Kid would not be mad at me for thinking outside the box.
He may say no to my idea - and that's ok - no problems, it's just an idea - someone else may pick it up.
But - if he says yes - you may have a new house :D

*goes off to sit in the naughty corner ;)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

Well, I don't laugh. ( good/bad sign? )
And you can come out of the naughty corner @QueryEverything .
My mexican houses may seem perfect for this. The have only front windows
so nothing lost when pushed into a mountain.
But the slopes of the mountains are not steep so we can never build houses
like those shown in the pictures. I have several entrances on the side of the house.
The houses will only be placed at the start of the slope and that's it.
Of course I can test making new footprints for the houses but I guess it will
be a mayhem of pathing errors. Bannies running all over the stairs without
any real direction. That could be fun though. :) Will come back to this.

You thinking subdued? Where are we going?  :D :D :D

kid1293

I tested with mexican houses (picture 1)
As you can see, I can not come close enough even if help a little and flatten first.

Now wait. Flatten!

picture 2 - Choose a location
picture 3 - Flatten an area!
picture 4 - Build

If I make new houses without the stairs and make upper floors ghosted. Voila!
I can make front of houses more flat not to fall too far into the mountain.
Texture can be off-white or sand colored ( subdued :) )

This means mountain houses but only if you flatten first.
Is this something to continue?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Exactly! Hollow out a space in the mountain with a narrow path in to it.  ;)

kid1293

Bear with me a while. I have a thing I want to test (in the mountain).

Actually, I don't want to make another rowhouse, even if it is hidden in rock. :)

Savidan

Oo it's a really nice start !

But yes, I dont want to disturb you with the task you had already.

The post was here to gave ideas when you were looking for some, not for an emergency need :)

kid1293

There can never be an emergency when carving out a mountain.  :D
'Rock blast killed 4 bannies'

No, I take it easy, but still thank you @Savidan and thanks to @QueryEverything for
talking about my mexican houses and making me curious.

It is absolutely possible to make a mountain dwelling (with a greek theme).

Savidan

Yep by the way a "everything white" theme is an other idea.

Like greek house or ... a bit closer to your mexican theme, the santa barbara theme :)

"Sorry it's picture's heavy but I found some nice houses ^^"
I went there once, it's really all white and provide a special feeling but ... when I heard "santa barbara" I still had in mind the soap opera intro music xD

galensgranny

I think this is a great idea to have in the game!  I hope someone decides to make houses that can tuck partly into mountains, like the mini mines mod can do.  I would definitely add that to my game.

kid1293