News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice MOD 1.3.1 FULL

Started by RedKetchup, March 11, 2019, 08:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Kid's greenhouse in GHF uses compost - fertilizer was added to the compost bin because you had too much fertilizer.  Perhaps you should use Kid's mods as they are intended.  Again, have RK make patch or change his greenhouse for you to use with his mod.  There is no confusing - cleaning shed produced fertilizer or plant debris both that can be used in the compost bin to make compost for Kid's greenhouse.  It is you who are again confusing things using RK's mod.

irrelevant

Where is water stored?

eta: never mind, looks like general storage.

irrelevant

What does the worker in the Lighthouse accomplish?

moonbelf

Quote from: irrelevant on July 02, 2019, 06:37:10 PM
What does the worker in the Lighthouse accomplish?

Lights and maintains the fire at the top of the lighthouse to attract nomads :)

Nilla

Nomads will arrive also without a worker. I think it´s simply a small nice "@RedKetchup thing"; you get the reward of seeing a burning fire, if you put a worker there, besides he does labourer´s work, so it´s really no big sacrifice.

Water is food without special category, stored where food is stored. It can/will be "eaten" but doesn´t contribute to health.

RedKetchup

Kid has everything if he wants to do the patch.
the light house worker is a free laborer with a "title". he only serves to light the fire at top, he will do permanently do laborer stuff all his life.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on July 03, 2019, 02:19:16 AM
Nomads will arrive also without a worker. I think it´s simply a small nice "@RedKetchup thing"; you get the reward of seeing a burning fire, if you put a worker there, besides he does labourer´s work, so it´s really no big sacrifice.

Water is food without special category, stored where food is stored. It can/will be "eaten" but doesn´t contribute to health.
Ah, ok, lighthouse-keeper for life it is then.

I see my bannies have squirreled about 20% of my water away in their homes. Fortunately there are plenty of other food items available so hopefully they will leave most of it alone. Meanwhile, I'll just keep pumping!

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 03, 2019, 12:33:37 PM
The light house worker is a free laborer with a "title". he only serves to light the fire at top, he will do permanently do laborer stuff all his life.
I do like the fire, it's very nice. And I also like laborers.  ;D Thanks, @RedKetchup!

irrelevant

Am I the only one who thinks the thatch>firewood>charcoal chain may be slightly OP? With one thatch farmer, one chopper, and one charcoal burner, I have so much more fuel than I need (1700 charcoal, 550 firewood, 250 thatch). Also, great stacks of lumber and logs. At this point in a vanilla game (year 10) I would be desperate for a merchant boatload of logs, instead with one forester (two workers) and one lumbermill (one worker) I have 600+ logs and nearly 1000 lumber.

Also, the forest groups (gatherer, forester, hunter, herbalist) produce incredible amounts of all manner of stuff (thatch, flowers, cotton, flax, 10 kinds of wild food, meat, leather).

I'm certainly not complaining, because I'm having a great time ;D, and please don't take this as criticism because it is not, but for long-term play of this mod set, it's possible that I may wish for a greater challenge at some point in the future.

Would you consider making a second RKEC with somewhat lower outputs from the primary producers (foresters, gatherers, hunters, herbalists, fodder farmers)? 

moonbelf

Cut down on the number of people working in each building of your forest grouping if you want more of a challenge? Or did I misunderstand?

RedKetchup

you probably undertood too much the process :) most people dont get that efficiency.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

There are other challenges in RKED than basic survival. That part is easier than vanilla. Here I do agree with you @irrelevant. The challenge is on another level; to manage the logistic; in and output of all those production chains. That´s fun and challenging enough. You will see as you get there. :)

By the way; I don´t use thatch as fuel (maybe a little if I need to get rid of some). To me, as a citizen in a country with a lot of forests (like Banished land), it´s weird to burn grass with low energy content when you have trees. Have you ever burned grass in your fireplace?  ;) I use it to feed horses to get fertilizer to use in greenhouses. That´s my favourite way of producing basic food.  (even if it´s easier to get fertilizer from pigs and some other pasture animals)

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 04, 2019, 07:35:06 PM
you probably undertood too much the process :) most people dont get that efficiency.
I'm sure that's it!  ;D

If I get too good, I suppose I can always vary some other conditions (harsh climate, mountains instead of valleys, no education). I'll just deal with it for now.  :)

irrelevant

Quote from: moonbelf on July 04, 2019, 04:33:04 PM
Cut down on the number of people working in each building of your forest grouping if you want more of a challenge? Or did I misunderstand?
Yes, using a single gatherer and a single forester per cabin (instead of the two I have been going with) is possible. But my main issue (thatch>firewood>charcoal) is not solvable this way, already just one worker/workplace.

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on July 05, 2019, 04:01:55 AM
There are other challenges in RKED than basic survival. That part is easier than vanilla. Here I do agree with you @irrelevant. The challenge is on another level; to manage the logistic; in and output of all those production chains. That´s fun and challenging enough. You will see as you get there. :)

By the way; I don´t use thatch as fuel (maybe a little if I need to get rid of some). To me, as a citizen in a country with a lot of forests (like Banished land), it´s weird to burn grass with low energy content when you have trees. Have you ever burned grass in your fireplace?  ;) I use it to feed horses to get fertilizer to use in greenhouses. That´s my favourite way of producing basic food.  (even if it´s easier to get fertilizer from pigs and some other pasture animals)
You have a point, I am just scratching the surface on the advanced chains.

I could probably burn bundles of thatch in my wood stove, but that would seem....odd. ;) And I think I would be feeding that fire constantly.

When one builds a stable, I'm assuming one also needs to buy animals to put into it?