News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Redketchup's medieval town - corner buildings

Started by Bluebird88, August 07, 2021, 12:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluebird88

(Newbie alert!  :) )

I'm a bit confused about how the corner shops in RK's new medieval town are meant to be used. I see the note that the corner 2nd and 3rd floor corner residences only fit with the upgraded tailor, blacksmith, etc.. Are the buildings under the corner tab meant to be standalone (maybe in a row with one or two story houses?) or is there maybe an upgrade option I'm missing? The fact that they are corner buildings makes me think they're meant to connect to something, but I'm not quite sure what. Thank you!

galensgranny

You can use the corner shops alone, or attach the multi-story buildings next to them to make a row of attached building like in a city.  You don't have to go above the first floor if you don't want to.  Look under housing for multi-story houses that fit next to the corner buildings.  For a first floor connecting shop, look under that tab.

RedKetchup

the first lvl corner shops are in the "NMT Corner Buildings Toolbar" i think
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bluebird88

Thanks very much for the replies! Just to clarify, the corner shops themselves are meant to be single-story buildings? (i.e., there isn't a  2nd/3rd story residence that fits above them, or an upgrade option so that they fit the corner residences that go over the upgraded blacksmith, tailor, etc.?)

P.S. Thank you SO much to you, RedKetchup, for all the work that went into designing this mod. I absolutely love the whole medieval town set!

RedKetchup

those in that toolbar are meant to have a 2nd floor and a 3rd floor ontop of those but it is not an obligation, up to you

Bluebird88

Ah, I see, thank you!

I think I figured out the problem - I had both megamod and RK editor's choice installed, and the shops in the corner menu seemed to be a size smaller than the corner residences. When I tried only enabling RKEC, though, the corner shops were larger and matched the 2nd & 3rd story "toppers" (and they look great! These will definitely be fun to play with :) ).

Thanks!

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bluebird88 on August 07, 2021, 03:09:07 PM
Ah, I see, thank you!

I think I figured out the problem - I had both megamod and RK editor's choice installed,

i think you are runing towards serious problems... it is not CC+RK ... it is MM !

Bluebird88

Oh, I shouldn't be using CC+Editor's Choice?

I tried those two because I wanted to include jewelry making, and the jeweler seems to be in Editor's choice but not in Megamod. (And I thought you weren't supposed to use two mods with overlapping content, but maybe I misunderstood. Would Megamod+Editor's Choice work?)

RedKetchup

CC+RK works perfectly

but MM+ RK you will run out of memory.
MM is just ... stupidly too big

Bluebird88

RedKetchup

i suggest to let RKEC to amaze you without MM.