Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD Request - Tornado mod

Started by solarscreen, September 13, 2014, 09:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

*grin*  Have you seen the TV ads for that movie?  Sharks flying through the air and landing on people in the streets of what is presumably New York City?  It cracked me up.  I haven't watched it, though.

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on September 13, 2014, 10:49:56 AM
*grin*  Have you seen the TV ads for that movie?  Sharks flying through the air and landing on people in the streets of what is presumably New York City?  It cracked me up.  I haven't watched it, though.

No, I have not watched it either but the idea for a Banished mod seemed fun!

Alycya

I watched Sharknado 2 on SyFy the other week - it was part of their "terribly good" series of movies that are supposed to be so bad they're actually good. It was what my other half refers to as a "4 pinter" - it becomes watchable after lots of beer but rubbish if sober...

solarscreen

I stopped watching the SciFi channel when it became SyFy and went from half bad to ridiculously bad television.

slink

I prefer the ridiculously bad ones to the post-apocalyptic gang war, vampire, zombie, DnD, and son-of-a-god movies.  Give me a giant lizard destroying Tokyo, or giant piranha destroying the coast of Florida, and I'm happy.  ;D  However, that channel is last choice for me, and we haven't watched any channel, except collegiate football on Saturdays, since I bought ten seasons of JAG and eleven seasons of NCIS on DvD.  I could get addicted to no advertising.  We've even toyed with the idea of not watching season 12 of NCIS and buying the DvD next summer.

Pangaea

Heh, advertising. I hate that shit, seriously. I need to turn off the sound, change the channel or leave the room when that crap comes on. Right now I don't even have a TV as there is mostly just crap on it anyway, interspersed with the spam of advertising.

Think I caught Sharknado on the idiot-box at some point though. Didn't sit down and watch it of course, but I saw sharks falling from the sky and biting people to bits. It was too idiotic to watch. Four pints would probably help, but still don't think it would be bearable :lol:

Sometimes the plots of movies are just so idiotic you just have to laugh though. Like when I watched Pacific Rim with a friend. We just ended up belly-laughing at inappropriate times because it was so dimwitted :D

Speaking of ads again, I'm currently re-watching Sopranos. Brilliant show, but bloody hell do they love product placement! I'm almost surprised Tony Soprano doesn't walk around with a Coca Cola cap, Coca Cola shirt, carrying a Coca Cola bottle in one hand, and lugging a Coca Cola vending machine behind him - at all times.

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on September 16, 2014, 06:29:07 AM
Give me a giant lizard destroying Tokyo . . . .

The original, right, dubbed from Japanese. Remakes just don't get that real 50s Japanese monster movie vibe. They knew how to hook into our fear of The Bomb--but then they would, wouldn't they? The first "monster" movie I went to without my parents as a kid was The Blob. The plot and acting were horrible (in a good, 3 Stooges sort of way), but I've never been able to eat Jello since.

My grandkids (ages 12 and 10) watch a YouTube channel where the guy points out all the silliness and inconsistencies in movies, esp. Sci Fi and Superhero. They laugh and laugh, even when they like the original movies.

Pangaea

Hehe, what channel is that? Would be fun to see what they say about some of the stuff Hollywood pumps out :D

I've seen some webpages like that, and the detail can get a bit silly ("his glasses sits a little lower on the nose there!"), but major stuff would probably be funny.

solarscreen

Quote from: Pangaea on September 16, 2014, 08:52:57 AM
Hehe, what channel is that? Would be fun to see what they say about some of the stuff Hollywood pumps out :D

I've seen some webpages like that, and the detail can get a bit silly ("his glasses sits a little lower on the nose there!"), but major stuff would probably be funny.

Here is one:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CinemaSins

rkelly17

solarscreen

I like this one a lot myself:

http://www.youtube.com/user/screenjunkies

Honest Trailers - Two Thumbs Up!

slink

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 16, 2014, 08:37:09 AM
Quote from: slink on September 16, 2014, 06:29:07 AM
Give me a giant lizard destroying Tokyo . . . .
The original, right, dubbed from Japanese.
Yep, the one where the lips moved like mad for twenty second and the dubbing said three words.

Then there was Mothra ...

rkelly17

I forget his name now, but I always kind of admired the guy from Hollywood who made low-budget sci-fi movies by dangling "flying saucer" pie pans from fishing poles in front of the camera. The movies were terrible, but you have to love the goofy creativity and chutzpa.