News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

if i would add a butcher what should it craft ?

Started by RedKetchup, September 13, 2014, 04:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

if i would add a butcher what should it craft ?

i thought about :

beef:

Roast beef
Tbone
burger (cheeseburger with cheese IMO kinda joking with burger lol)

mutton:

kebab
lamb
giglot

if we could get pigs:

bacon
porkchop
sausage

what about all that ? having a butcher ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

Sounds swell to me. You're my new hero, @RedKetchup. Mod away! (Think smaller churches....)

slink

Are we adding cats? (LOLCATS reference: I Can Has Cheezburger?)   ;D

RedKetchup

Quote from: slink on September 13, 2014, 05:36:52 PM
Are we adding cats? (LOLCATS reference: I Can Has Cheezburger?)   ;D

you mean chinese food ?

slink

kee

I'd say he has to make a product out of combining at least two sorts of produce; there's alwats sausages (meat and herb), an other that springs to mind is cured meat (meat and salt, we'll have to add salt to produce in the mine). Lastly there is pork and firewood to produce bacon.
These three ideas are all ways to make meat last longer: Perhaps it's possible to add a sort of 'use by' mechanic- spoilage that is- that gives treated foods longer shelflife?
Kim Erik

RedKetchup

kee

Spices would do nice, add as a category the gatherers produce.
Kim Erik

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 14, 2014, 12:22:03 AM
you mean meat and spices ? (not herb)
Sometimes herbs.  Breakfast sausage contains sage, which is an herb.

canis39

Butcher sounds like a good idea, and I like the idea of adding pigs, and spices.

Let me just give a general "yes please" and move on.  :D

rkelly17

A butcher would be nice. As it is the herders function as butchers, so I think that it would have to add some value or change something to be worthwhile.

One approach: People can't eat straight meat but need a butcher to make beef, mutton and chicken available as a food.

Another approach: Butcher changes 1 cow, sheep or chicken (the bird) into 2 (or some other number) of beef, mutton or chicken (the meat). Pastures produce carcasses which get carried to the butcher. One might want to make the cow-beef number higher, the sheep-mutton number middle and the chicken-chicken number lower to reflect the relative size of the animals. In the end the larger number and faster reproduction of chickens would probably about equalize the final output.

Here is an interesting idea that would go with your milk/creamery mod: Create a new category of cows, dairy cows (with an appropriate dairy cow graphic). The dairy cows make milk and are the foundation of all the dairy foods (milk, cheese, cream, yoghurt). The current cows become beef cattle and make beef but not milk (hard to milk a steer). Both make leather.

Alycya

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 14, 2014, 12:35:02 PM
A butcher would be nice. As it is the herders function as butchers, so I think that it would have to add some value or change something to be worthwhile.

One approach: People can't eat straight meat but need a butcher to make beef, mutton and chicken available as a food.

Another approach: Butcher changes 1 cow, sheep or chicken (the bird) into 2 (or some other number) of beef, mutton or chicken (the meat). Pastures produce carcasses which get carried to the butcher. One might want to make the cow-beef number higher, the sheep-mutton number middle and the chicken-chicken number lower to reflect the relative size of the animals. In the end the larger number and faster reproduction of chickens would probably about equalize the final output.

Here is an interesting idea that would go with your milk/creamery mod: Create a new category of cows, dairy cows (with an appropriate dairy cow graphic). The dairy cows make milk and are the foundation of all the dairy foods (milk, cheese, cream, yoghurt). The current cows become beef cattle and make beef but not milk (hard to milk a steer). Both make leather.

I like the idea of the butcher processing carcasses, rather than the herdsmen doing the butchery as happens at the moment.

Dairy cows distinct from beef cattle is a great idea too - adds an extra level of challenge to the game  :)

kee

Since we're currently raising herefords, a milk breed would be in order. A bit out of character though; differentiation and systematic breeding of cattle into meat and milk breeds prettymuch started in the 1700s.
Kim Erik

rkelly17

Quote from: kee on September 16, 2014, 10:29:43 AM
Since we're currently raising herefords, a milk breed would be in order. A bit out of character though; differentiation and systematic breeding of cattle into meat and milk breeds prettymuch started in the 1700s.

If you look at the crops in Banished, many of them are indigenous to the Western Hemisphere (e.g., potatoes and corn) and some were not generally accepted into European diets until the 1700s, so breeding cows is probably OK.

Alycya

I had a thought on this earlier - if you combined it with the flour from the windmill mod, plus if the creamery made butter, you could make...

COW PIE  ;D ;D ;D ;D